Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    do elaborate it might help you AND take my mind off things
    This may be the longest post in the world.

This time last year I broke up with my long term bf of three years.
    For the past four years we had been part of a very very close group of friends.
    I go away to uni, he stays at home cos he didn't get in.
    His ego gets bigger and his favorite topic turns to himself, so I stop making contact from uni. The rest of my friends didn't bother with much contact with me either.
    Got home to find that he has a new gf and him and one of our close mutual friends are snubbing me.
    I invite them to a small dinner before I left for my final term of uni, they tell me they are busy, then turn up with the new girlfriend in tow. Yet no-one blinks an eye at how rude that was.
    I come home for summer, for the last three months the friend has been ignoring me and even being outright rude for a reason no-one seems to be able to tell me. The ex, still with his "**** buddy" is now into my uni to arrive this September, also still has his head up his ass.
    The group have barely contacted me all summer, sometime's I would phone around to find out that they are already all together hanging out. This happened often (including when they went to see Transformers without me) until I stopped trying. So I've basically been thrown a side by all my former best friends without a backwards glance. If at any point we are together I can almost predict the progression of the jokes and conversation. Last time I had to leave the room because bumboy was busy boasting about being a white supremicist and racist to the room with noone calling him down on it.
    Everytime I offer the ex advise about Glasgow he ignores it and continues talking about himself, if I try to have a convo anything I say is ignored.
    The ex even has the cheek to invite me to a "leaving dinner" on Saturday yet snubs me on the street on my birthday.

You really don't need to read all this. Basically I lost all my childhood friends in the space of a summer without them even realising.

LOL Even if it didn't make sense it was nice to have a wee rant! lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Night all, laters!

:moon:
    night night x

ReputationRep:
    night y'all :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    night y'all :ciao:
    Night!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    x
    oh hun :jumphug:
    i'd say im sorry, but i really think you're better off without them

ReputationRep:
    I'm off for the night too. Goodnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    oh hun :jumphug:
    i'd say im sorry, but i really think you're better off without them
    Thanks. My family have told me not to go this Saturday, cos then all I'd be doing is hurting myself and playing their games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    ranting about nasty people
    i agree with the HiBear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    i agree with the HiBear.
    Thanks

Looking back I look like a psycho...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    This may be the longest post in the world.
    dont go on saturday - you are SO much better than that and them.
    you deserve better and they do not deserve such a nice friend in you.
    stay in on sat with some ice cream, pringles and a chick flick - always makes you feel good. you do NOT need them, and the sooner you accept it and move away from them although it will be hard the sooner you will be happier if that makes sense..

ReputationRep:
    I am going to bed now as well! UKCAT tomorrow -wish me luck-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    It's as easy as pie, literally you don't need to do any prep!

(Original post by beccy)
    x
    I know It's hard cos it feels like time is running out, this time next week I'll be mostly packed to move back, and not going to this thing on Sat means I may miss my last time to see people I am friends with...

Ah the conflict!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    good luck!!!!

which really is what the UKCAT is all about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

I know It's hard cos it feels like time is running out, this time next week I'll be mostly packed to move back, and not going to this thing on Sat means I may miss my last time to see people I am friends with...

Ah the conflict!
    ohh hmmm well if it helps my boyfriends now in that situation with a leaving party on saturday and hes just going to go and if anyone starts he has plenty of ammunition saved up. so if u wanna go to see a few people then go, but make sure youre full of positive thoughts and dont let anything anyone says bring you down. you are better than them after all.

also ive decided not to punch the girl as the boyfriend has said if i just ignore her forever and be the better person he will buy me nandos and now complain about having to cuddle after sex.
    not a joke.
    but very reasonable i feel.

ReputationRep:
    ohh hmmm well if it helps my boyfriends now in that situation with a leaving party on saturday and hes just going to go and if anyone starts he has plenty of ammunition saved up. so if u wanna go to see a few people then go, but make sure youre full of positive thoughts and dont let anything anyone says bring you down. you are better than them after all.

also ive decided not to punch the girl as the boyfriend has said if i just ignore her forever and be the better person he will buy me nandos and now complain about having to cuddle after sex.
    not a joke.
    I'm very jealous nandos and cuddling eh? I know how you feel just wanting to batter the people annoying you, but tbh if either of us do the blame will automatically pinned on us!

Now gotta work on the singledom front... :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Ah the conflict!
    not a joke.
    Nandos :drool: :love:
    Best of luck, girlies, I hope your enemies clear off and friends(especially as I am one of them :p: ) prosper :yep:

ReputationRep:
    if she doesnt sort it the **** out soon i will slap her
    you can be my back up.
    you can perhaps hit her with a feather duster. or your handbag.
    just a thought.
    Scalp her! I may or may not have watched Inglorious Basterds again tonight :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Scalp her! I may or may not have watched Inglorious Basterds again tonight :ninja:
    Good film?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    I screamed at those points :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Good film?
    Definitely! Funny film :yep:

I think it's the only film I've actually paid to see at the cinema twice :p:

(Original post by fatal)
    I screamed at those points :o:
    :rofl2:

It is somewhat disturbing but funny at the same time :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.