Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSEMan)
    Oh come on mate, let's get real.

This is the internet.

You're a loser and I probably am too.

But as Medics we can change the world and become something.

I haven't got in yet but now is the time my academics matter most.

They will get me in and then I can take it from there.

I am an all-rounded person and trust me, one day it will be somebody like me who cures HIV.

:cool:
    You need to work on your people skills mate. Anyway, Im out of this stupid game you're playing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    You need to work on your people skills mate. Anyway, Im out of this stupid game you're playing
    Interesting.

But if the patient is not willing to work how I do, I believe I can refuse treatment.

ReputationRep:
    What?

I didn't abuse anybody.

And yes, you medics really do need to learn.

We are the future, not you.

I still wish you all the best in your studies though, but do grow up.
    How do you mean? And who is the future??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    How do you mean? And who is the future??
    I mean judging people and stuff. Medics have the 'full of them selves' attitude as soon as they get into medical school.

And my generation and the years below us are more of the future than yours because there will be increased diseases and resistance and we will have to come up with treatments and cures.

You will have it much easier than us.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on mate, let's get real.

This is the internet.

You're a loser and I probably am too.

But as Medics we can change the world and become something.

I haven't got in yet but now is the time my academics matter most.

They will get me in and then I can take it from there.

I am an all-rounded person and trust me, one day it will be somebody like me who cures HIV.

:cool:
    Somebody's got a rather inflated ego :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Somebody's got a rather inflated ego :rolleyes:
    Rephrase to somebody is very confident and hard working unlike you 'got it all easy' medics.

ReputationRep:
    What's up with all the hostility people? Chill out. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    x
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    This is a cool medic.

Learn from him people.

Why are the rest of them stuck up and full of themselves btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Hes such a troll. Anyway we can get him banned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Hes such a troll. Anyway we can get him banned?
    Just to confirm he/she/it is a troll, see this post.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1021157

ReputationRep:
    I didnt think TSR got many trolls, especially in the subject boards, obviously I'm wrong

On a completely different note, did any of you actually like the opening statement to your PS? I keep on trying to write mine but cant think of anything that isn't clichéd or cheesy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    I didnt think TSR got many trolls, especially in the subject boards, obviously I'm wrong

On a completely different note, did any of you actually like the opening statement to your PS? I keep on trying to write mine but cant think of anything that isn't clichéd or cheesy!
    My ps was just woeful...my reference was how I got in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    My ps was just woeful...my reference was how I got in
    And you're A PS helper?! :p: I'm sure your charming personality at interview also helped

ReputationRep:
    And you're A PS helper?! :p: I'm sure your charming personality at interview also helped
    I'm good at it when I can be bothered, but I find the barefaced self centredness of most medic applicants really annoying

The interview for Glasgow was fairly bad, they played good cop bad cop and asked me the most horrific genetics question

ReputationRep:

yeah, i liked my opening bit, but it probably was a bit cheesy come to think of it. im too scared to post it in the wiki incase i get bad comments about it! :o:

congrats on your ukcat btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm good at it when I can be bothered, but I find the barefaced self centredness of most medic applicants really annoying

The interview for Glasgow was fairly bad, they played good cop bad cop and asked me the most horrific genetics question

So, you don't like reading the medic PS's? Do you just write back in red font saying "YOU ARE NOT THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE?!" or, are you a little softer?

The thing about getting a tough interview question worries me.. But I'm more worried about not even getting an interview

(Original post by dances_with_lamposts)
    yeah, i liked my opening bit, but it probably was a bit cheesy come to think of it. im too scared to post it in the wiki incase i get bad comments about it! :o:

congrats on your ukcat btw.
    Ah, so there is people out there with some talent! I'd post my latest idea, but I don't want it stolen, just in case it is much better than I think it is (pfft, fat chance, I just dont want to be laughed at!)

Thank you, probably the most nerve-wracking 2 hours of my year thinking "if I dont get above 600, I have no chance of being a doctor, and then I'll have to find something else to do, and I'll spend my life thinking what if, but AHH!HH!H!!!"

.. I wasn't worried.. Honest

EDIT: By the way.. Is there something someone isnt telling me about Hull York and Brighton and Sussex?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1015021

ReputationRep:
    So, you don't like reading the medic PS's? Do you just write back in red font saying "YOU ARE NOT THE CENTRE OF THE UNIVERSE?!" or, are you a little softer?

The thing about getting a tough interview question worries me.. But I'm more worried about not even getting an interview

Ah, so there is people out there with some talent! I'd post my latest idea, but I don't want it stolen, just in case it is much better than I think it is (pfft, fat chance, I just dont want to be laughed at!)

Thank you, probably the most nerve-wracking 2 hours of my year thinking "if I dont get above 600, I have no chance of being a doctor, and then I'll have to find something else to do, and I'll spend my life thinking what if, but AHH!HH!H!!!"

.. I wasn't worried.. Honest

EDIT: By the way.. Is there something someone isnt telling me about Hull York and Brighton and Sussex?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1015021
    Nah I just don't do many Never say never. you might get interviews!

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:
    inglourious basterds was an awesome movie. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    :yawn:
    inglourious basterds was an awesome movie. :coma:
    Yes it was.

I wasn't meant to see it but I did anyway. :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.