Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Its a bit wierd sometimes, I can't help but resent most of the Scots, they only have 5 years of compulsory schooling with which they can go to uni with, for medicine they have to do *gasp* another year!!!

Not quite our 7 years of A-level fun.
    :lol: I actually like it that I am going to be oldish relative to everyone else in the year. Some of them are worried about not getting to Freshers' events because they aren't 18, which sucks really :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    :no: but it should be soon, right? if the georgies lot and the kings lot have already got theirs...
    B*rstards! :p:

Walked past UCL on wednesday- there is scaffolding all over the cruciform! I think they are shining it up or something...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Biscuit face! (I really hope it's you now or I sound weird)

No idea. But apparently we can order tickets to the freshers' ball and koko online soon http://www.uclunion.org/events/fresherstickets.php
    More wine? lol

How was the rest of the evening?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    :lol: I actually like it that I am going to be oldish relative to everyone else in the year. Some of them are worried about not getting to Freshers' events because they aren't 18, which sucks really :yep:
    They might not always ID, they might just presume that you're 18 when you start uni.
    If not, there's always coke! (the drink, not the drug)

ReputationRep:
    They might not always ID, they might just presume that you're 18 when you start uni.
    If not, there's always coke! (the drink, not the drug)
    Thats what I said to them, but the likes of the pub crawls, they might get ID'd on the way in, and so not get into any of the pubs, which wouldn't be too good :nope:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)
    More wine? lol

How was the rest of the evening?
    I blame you for the fact I was already considerably more on my way to being drunk than everyone else when we got to the other bars :p:

The rest of the evening was good, we went to the medics' bar and did tequila shots, highjacked some 4th years then went to a place called potion and did more tequila shots and drank cocktails. Then I had to make my way to liverpool street considerably not with it. Someone apparently collapsed outside potion though. That guy with the glasses sat on our table during the meal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Thats what I said to them, but the likes of the pub crawls, they might get ID'd on the way in, and so not get into any of the pubs, which wouldn't be too good :nope:
    That's unfortunate
    Don't they have problems getting to medical school in the first place though? I thought you had to be 18 for some places!

ReputationRep:
    That's unfortunate
    Don't they have problems getting to medical school in the first place though? I thought you had to be 18 for some places!
    They turn 18 during term. Also they aren't medical students. They are MMLrs, and NatSci's :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I blame you for the fact I was already considerably more on my way to being drunk than everyone else when we got to the other bars :p:

The rest of the evening was good, we went to the medics' bar and did tequila shots, highjacked some 4th years then went to a place called potion and did more tequila shots and drank cocktails. Then I had to make my way to liverpool street considerably not with it. Someone apparently collapsed outside potion though. That guy with the glasses sat on our table during the meal
    Us 4 agreed to share 2 bottles of wine, so I accept no responsibility! :p:

Sounds better than my evening- sat on a train opposite a flatulant man who really was living up to the name! Then up early the next morning.

Poor guy!

ReputationRep:
    Us 4 agreed to share 2 bottles of wine, so I accept no responsibility! :p:

Sounds better than my evening- sat on a train opposite a flatulant man who really was living up to the name! Then up early the next morning.

Poor guy!
    You were the one who tempted me to the dark side to drink it all :p: I'm also pretty sure we had more than our fair share of the two bottles. Not that I'm complaining, however.

It's always unfortunate ending up sitting next to someone flatulant or smelly in general on public transport.

ReputationRep:
    You were the one who tempted me to the dark side to drink it all :p: I'm also pretty sure we had more than our fair share of the two bottles. Not that I'm complaining, however.

It's always unfortunate ending up sitting next to someone flatulant or smelly in general on public transport.
    I agree- probably 2/3 to 3/4 ? Not complaining either!

ReputationRep:
    I agree- probably 2/3 to 3/4 ? Not complaining either!
    Value for money, I say!
    Also I'm really not helping with my reputation of spending way too much tim on TSR

ReputationRep:
    I finally received my welcome pack :woo: !

ReputationRep:
    Value for money, I say!
    Also I'm really not helping with my reputation of spending way too much tim on TSR
    Not really, no. :p:

3 weeks & 1 day to go! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    I finally received my welcome pack :woo: !
    whoop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    whoop!
    Are you going to be in Chemistry school? Did you receive that quiz thing, the one with multiple answer type questions?
    I can't wait to go shopping for books, but can't tomorrow- mother is working, and apparently there would be anti-fascist and anti-muslim demonstrations on, which translates to possible clashes...

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to be in Chemistry school? Did you receive that quiz thing, the one with multiple answer type questions?
    I can't wait to go shopping for books, but can't tomorrow- mother is working, and apparently there would be anti-fascist and anti-muslim demonstrations on, which translates to possible clashes...
    nope im in the school of chem engineering :p:

we have our own school :p:
    i dont have my timetable and reading list and what not :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Not really, no. :p:

3 weeks & 1 day to go! :woo:
    :woo: Exciting stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    nope im in the school of chem engineering :p:

we have our own school :p:
    i dont have my timetable and reading list and what not :emo:
    Whoops, I thought Chem school also does Chem Eng :p:
    I only have reading list, no timetable The books are expensive :eek:

There are positions available in ChemSoc, I wonder if its worth joining them :p: I'll see what duties I will have if I join them :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Whoops, I thought Chem school also does Chem Eng :p:
    I only have reading list, no timetable The books are expensive :eek:

There are positions available in ChemSoc, I wonder if its worth joining them :p: I'll see what duties I will have if I join them :cool:
    nope. i think we'd be with the engineering school if at all though :p:
    we have 50 students doing chem eng, but we still have our own school. we're THAT awesome :p: lol

cool i think we have a soc of our own too :teehee:

i am so looking forward to it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.