Medics (and applicants) general chat thread Mk IV Watch

This discussion is closed.
It could be lupus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by fatal)
Its a bit wierd sometimes, I can't help but resent most of the Scots, they only have 5 years of compulsory schooling with which they can go to uni with, for medicine they have to do *gasp* another year!!!

Not quite our 7 years of A-level fun.
:lol: I actually like it that I am going to be oldish relative to everyone else in the year. Some of them are worried about not getting to Freshers' events because they aren't 18, which sucks really :yep:
bottfly7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by lotusx)
:no: but it should be soon, right? if the georgies lot and the kings lot have already got theirs...
B*rstards! :p:

Walked past UCL on wednesday- there is scaffolding all over the cruciform! I think they are shining it up or something...
bottfly7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jessaay!)
Biscuit face! (I really hope it's you now or I sound weird)

No idea. But apparently we can order tickets to the freshers' ball and koko online soon http://www.uclunion.org/events/fresherstickets.php
More wine? lol

How was the rest of the evening?
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by It could be lupus)
:lol: I actually like it that I am going to be oldish relative to everyone else in the year. Some of them are worried about not getting to Freshers' events because they aren't 18, which sucks really :yep:
They might not always ID, they might just presume that you're 18 when you start uni.
If not, there's always coke! (the drink, not the drug)
It could be lupus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
They might not always ID, they might just presume that you're 18 when you start uni.
If not, there's always coke! (the drink, not the drug)
Thats what I said to them, but the likes of the pub crawls, they might get ID'd on the way in, and so not get into any of the pubs, which wouldn't be too good :nope:
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by bottfly7)
More wine? lol

How was the rest of the evening?
I blame you for the fact I was already considerably more on my way to being drunk than everyone else when we got to the other bars :p:

The rest of the evening was good, we went to the medics' bar and did tequila shots, highjacked some 4th years then went to a place called potion and did more tequila shots and drank cocktails. Then I had to make my way to liverpool street considerably not with it. Someone apparently collapsed outside potion though. That guy with the glasses sat on our table during the meal
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by It could be lupus)
Thats what I said to them, but the likes of the pub crawls, they might get ID'd on the way in, and so not get into any of the pubs, which wouldn't be too good :nope:
That's unfortunate
Don't they have problems getting to medical school in the first place though? I thought you had to be 18 for some places!
It could be lupus
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That's unfortunate
Don't they have problems getting to medical school in the first place though? I thought you had to be 18 for some places!
They turn 18 during term. Also they aren't medical students. They are MMLrs, and NatSci's :yep:
bottfly7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I blame you for the fact I was already considerably more on my way to being drunk than everyone else when we got to the other bars :p:

The rest of the evening was good, we went to the medics' bar and did tequila shots, highjacked some 4th years then went to a place called potion and did more tequila shots and drank cocktails. Then I had to make my way to liverpool street considerably not with it. Someone apparently collapsed outside potion though. That guy with the glasses sat on our table during the meal
Us 4 agreed to share 2 bottles of wine, so I accept no responsibility! :p:

Sounds better than my evening- sat on a train opposite a flatulant man who really was living up to the name! Then up early the next morning.

Poor guy!
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Us 4 agreed to share 2 bottles of wine, so I accept no responsibility! :p:

Sounds better than my evening- sat on a train opposite a flatulant man who really was living up to the name! Then up early the next morning.

Poor guy!
You were the one who tempted me to the dark side to drink it all :p: I'm also pretty sure we had more than our fair share of the two bottles. Not that I'm complaining, however.

It's always unfortunate ending up sitting next to someone flatulant or smelly in general on public transport.
bottfly7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You were the one who tempted me to the dark side to drink it all :p: I'm also pretty sure we had more than our fair share of the two bottles. Not that I'm complaining, however.

It's always unfortunate ending up sitting next to someone flatulant or smelly in general on public transport.
I agree- probably 2/3 to 3/4 ? Not complaining either!
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I agree- probably 2/3 to 3/4 ? Not complaining either!
Value for money, I say!
Also I'm really not helping with my reputation of spending way too much tim on TSR
AutVinceriAutMori
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I finally received my welcome pack :woo: !
bottfly7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Value for money, I say!
Also I'm really not helping with my reputation of spending way too much tim on TSR
Not really, no. :p:

3 weeks & 1 day to go! :woo:
HiBear
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
I finally received my welcome pack :woo: !
whoop!
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HiBear)
whoop!
Are you going to be in Chemistry school? Did you receive that quiz thing, the one with multiple answer type questions?
I can't wait to go shopping for books, but can't tomorrow- mother is working, and apparently there would be anti-fascist and anti-muslim demonstrations on, which translates to possible clashes...
HiBear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Are you going to be in Chemistry school? Did you receive that quiz thing, the one with multiple answer type questions?
I can't wait to go shopping for books, but can't tomorrow- mother is working, and apparently there would be anti-fascist and anti-muslim demonstrations on, which translates to possible clashes...
nope im in the school of chem engineering :p:

we have our own school :p:
i dont have my timetable and reading list and what not :emo:
Jessaay!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Not really, no. :p:

3 weeks & 1 day to go! :woo:
:woo: Exciting stuff!
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by HiBear)
nope im in the school of chem engineering :p:

we have our own school :p:
i dont have my timetable and reading list and what not :emo:
Whoops, I thought Chem school also does Chem Eng :p:
I only have reading list, no timetable The books are expensive :eek:

There are positions available in ChemSoc, I wonder if its worth joining them :p: I'll see what duties I will have if I join them :cool:
HiBear
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Whoops, I thought Chem school also does Chem Eng :p:
I only have reading list, no timetable The books are expensive :eek:

There are positions available in ChemSoc, I wonder if its worth joining them :p: I'll see what duties I will have if I join them :cool:
nope. i think we'd be with the engineering school if at all though :p:
we have 50 students doing chem eng, but we still have our own school. we're THAT awesome :p: lol

cool i think we have a soc of our own too :teehee:

i am so looking forward to it.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Fri, 14 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (74)
27.61%
No (194)
72.39%

Watched Threads