Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    My coat :p:? I knew wearing red is the key to getting attention :p: Welcome to the thread, most of them don't bite, apart from some feral creatures :p:
    If you tell toiletpaper8 you hate Birmingham med school, he'll love you :p:
    :rofl:
    yet he put brum as his insurance tsk tsk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    It is not trepidation but hope I don't want to be so shy, or so dull
    Don't worry about that either I used to think I was dull, until I realised it was my old friends holding me back with their habit of talking about stuff in so much detail until it was dead, actually they didn't talk about anything really, just constant repetition of jokes everyones heard a million times before! But with my new group of friends, we have the best time, when I'm at uni we spend almost every day together yet we are all still so close and the conversation doesn't dry up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    you'd be better off posting in the ultimate medicine angst thread, because you're more likely to get a sensible reply.
    if you come here, you get spam, innuendo, inappropriate smilies and bizarre conversations. no sensible replies.
    I'm sorry to have been a bother to all of you, thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    That was Southampton :hmmm:

I declined Brum :proud: Although some people I know liked Brum as a medical school - I guess it depends on personal experiences :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Don't worry about that either I used to think I was dull, until I realised it was my old friends holding me back with their habit of talking about stuff in so much detail until it was dead, actually they didn't talk about anything really, just constant repetition of jokes everyones heard a million times before! But with my new group of friends, we have the best time, when I'm at uni we spend almost every day together yet we are all still so close and the conversation doesn't dry up!
    good good and Ireland for the win

ReputationRep:
    It is not trepidation but hope I don't want to be so shy, or so dull.
    I doubt you're as dull as you think, that's a misconception of shy people.

I was shy at one point but various experiences made me far less so. A few people still think I'm really shy because sometimes, unless I need to, I have trouble putting myself "out there" because I get scared people will judge me, but in my eyes I'm only "shy" around people I feel uncomfortable with or people who will judge me and not accept me the way I am or the things I say. I'm a fairly good judge of character so if I'm around these types of people I'll go really quiet in self-defence. Sometimes I don't want to go quiet, but it happens anyway (it makes things really awkward at work, where I'm known as the quiet one but it's mainly because I find them all incredibly *****y). But to put your mind at rest, everyone I met on Wednesday made it difficult to BE shy and I felt completely comfortable with them and it was all incredibly fun! I think it helps that everyone is in the same boat, nobody knows eachother and everyone wants to make friends so they'll be friendly. Also, UCL tried to pick the best I presume when they chose their medics sooooo you should be good. The worst thing you can do is worry about being shy because that makes it worse :woo:

Also, if you meet me, I'll just talk to you until you tell me to shut up.

ReputationRep:
    Your best change is sending a strip-o-gram to the dean, its your only hope. If not that, blackmail.
    What's a strip-o-gram, I could Google it of course but I have an idea I may see some pictures of perverted old men and women.

If only getting into medical universities, was as easy as Gossip Girl suggests. I'm mean they get into school just because their rich and from a well known family, only if it was that easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I doubt you're as dull as you think, that's a misconception of shy people.

I was shy at one point but various experiences made me far less so. A few people still think I'm really shy because sometimes, unless I need to, I have trouble putting myself "out there" because I get scared people will judge me, but in my eyes I'm only "shy" around people I feel uncomfortable with or people who will judge me and not accept me the way I am or the things I say. I'm a fairly good judge of character so if I'm around these types of people I'll go really quiet in self-defence. Sometimes I don't want to go quiet, but it happens anyway (it makes things really awkward at work, where I'm known as the quiet one but it's mainly because I find them all incredibly *****y). But to put your mind at rest, everyone I met on Wednesday made it difficult to BE shy and I felt completely comfortable with them and it was all incredibly fun! I think it helps that everyone is in the same boat, nobody knows eachother and everyone wants to make friends so they'll be friendly. Also, UCL tried to pick the best I presume when they chose their medics sooooo you should be good. The worst thing you can do is worry about being shy because that makes it worse :woo:

Also, if you meet me, I'll just talk to you until you tell me to shut up.
    By all means talk at me until you get bored and don't forget that I owe you a drink. Well UCL had to interview me twice so that cant have been that sure, admittedly there was a lot of laughter in the second interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)

I declined Brum :proud: Although some people I know liked Brum as a medical school - I guess it depends on personal experiences :p:
    oh.

im sorry :talkhand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)

I suppose it has its merits- for instance heavy practical approach, clinical experience, etc, plus university hospitals are amazing. Though I still hate them (but I am very biased, obviously)
    Emerson Drain wants to go there though- I am inclined to think that its purely because of me :blush: :p:
    He put Soton ! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    If you tell toiletpaper8 you hate Birmingham med school, he'll love you :p:
    I will announce my hate list as soon as the rejections start hitting the mat! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    By all means talk at me until you get bored and don't forget that I owe you a drink. Well UCL had to interview me twice so that cant have been that sure, admittedly there was a lot of laughter in the second interview.
    They interviewed you twice? That's odd! But they must have been very sure after the second interview.

Me? Forget about a drink? Never! :p: Anyway, we'll love it, I'm just excited now. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    I will announce my hate list as soon as the rejections start hitting the mat! :rolleyes:
    we know you will

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

I'm bored :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    They interviewed you twice? That's odd! But they must have been very sure after the second interview.

Me? Forget about a drink? Never! :p: Anyway, we'll love it, I'm just excited now. :woo:
    When I applied I was young for my year, I had poor GCSE and a-levels. The only thing I had on my side was my BMAT. They interviewed me (went badly), put me on the waiting list and then told me to apply again next year. They then re-interviewed me and gave me a place :woo:

ReputationRep:
    oh.

im sorry :talkhand:
    :007: :llama:

:israel: :pal:

I'm bored...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    Whilst I retain some love for UCL and BSMS despite the rejections, I absolutely hate King's.

ReputationRep:

:mmm:

HOT :coma:

i just had to share with all of you :woo:

ReputationRep:
    When I applied I was young for my year, I had poor GCSE and a-levels. The only thing I had on my side was my BMAT. They interviewed me (went badly), put me on the waiting list and then told me to apply again next year. They then re-interviewed me and gave me a place :woo:
    Oh I see! I didn't realise you'd had a gap year. That's cool! But they must have been wanting to have given you a place originally anyway to offer you another interview. I met another girl who they said the same to so you're not alone.

Edit: Wait, did you have a gap year or did they just re-interview you? :p: I'm confused now!

ReputationRep:

:mmm:

HOT :coma:

i just had to share with all of you :woo:
    I find your lack of taste disturbing :vader: :p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.