Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I've been thinking that. When I quit McDonald's, it feels doubly silly because it's part time and I'm not taken seriously there anyway

Have you found another job?
    I have this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to give you formal notice of my resignation from Matalan. My last day of work will be Saturday 5th September 2009, as shortly afterwards I will be moving away to go to university.

I would be most grateful if Matalan could consider me in the future for temporary work during the Christmas or summer holidays when I return home, or at a store local to my university.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to be part of the team at Matalan and wish you and your colleagues all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,
    Scaryhair*

*obviously not scaryhair, but don't want to post my full name on here :p:

No, haven't got another job but I need to give at least a months notice because I've been there 2 years (how depressing!) and I want to finish a bit before uni so I have free time to see people and sort out everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I have this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to give you formal notice of my resignation from Matalan. My last day of work will be Saturday 5th September 2009, as shortly afterwards I will be moving away to go to university.

I would be most grateful if Matalan could consider me in the future for temporary work during the Christmas or summer holidays when I return home, or at a store local to my university.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity to be part of the team at Matalan and wish you and your colleagues all the best for the future.

Yours sincerely,
    Scaryhair*

No, haven't got another job but I need to give at least a months notice because I've been there 2 years (how depressing!) and I want to finish a bit before uni so I have free time to see people and sort out everything.
    Ah crap I'll probably have to do the same soon :eek:

I think that's quite good. :yep: should be sufficient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Ah crap I'll probably have to do the same soon :eek:

I think that's quite good. :yep: should be sufficient.
    It's one of the only things that is making results day and university seem like they are not lightyears away!

ReputationRep:
    I have this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely,
    Scaryhair*

That seems pretty succinct, nicely written :top:

You could possibly mention Newcastle somewhere in there with regards to future work.

Edit: I thought your real name was Scary Hair :gasp:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)

You could possibly mention Newcastle somewhere in there with regards to future work.
    Hmmm yeah, don't want to specify where I'm going yet because obviously I don't know :unsure:

ReputationRep:

Edit: I thought your real name was Scary Hair :gasp:
    Nah, sorry to burst your bubble :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    You could of asked I have all of them now, reaper man completed the set :proud:

Have fun in norfolk!
    Yeah I knew I could have asked, but tbh I just want to own more books!! - but I may borrow if money runs out if that's ok :p:

Found James Bond yet?

(actually I haven't scrolled to the end to see if you're online yet :o: )

ReputationRep:
    Nah, sorry to burst your bubble :p:
    Well my real name is Ferret, honest

ReputationRep:
    I have this:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Yours sincerely,
    Scaryhair*

I didn't even know letters were necessary :eek:

If you're handing in a letter anyway, surely you might as well just tell whoever it is you're meant to tell - or maybe it isn't conventional. I'm not too clued up on this sort of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    :stupido3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I didn't even know letters were necessary :eek:

If you're handing in a letter anyway, surely you might as well just tell whoever it is you're meant to tell - or maybe it isn't conventional. I'm not too clued up on this sort of stuff.
    Oh yeah I'm going to tell them verbally when I give the letter in too. But the managers at my store are useless and knowing them if I didn't give them a letter, they'd forget when my last day is and kick up a fuss about me not giving enough notice :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It really is :yes:

And my name is citrusfruit - I added "normalother" :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    It really is :yes:

And my name is citrusfruit - I added "normalother" :p:
    my real name is Talullah i just think Beccy makes me seem a bit more normal..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    :hugs:

how are you?

ReputationRep:
    Tah-loo-laa sounds quite quirky, Rebecca on the other hand is a boring generic name :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Tah-loo-laa sounds quite quirky, Rebecca on the other hand is a boring generic name :sadnod:
    oh because your name is so exciting and unusual :p:

ReputationRep:
    hmm what's your real name?

ReputationRep:
    oh because your name is so exciting and unusual :p:
    Well, I don't know anyone else called Ferret :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

how are you?
    :hi:
    i'm gooood tar, you?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't know anyone else called Ferret :dontknow:
    shhhh we know thats not his real name... ofc ferret is unusual... its also a lie

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.