Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med-s)
    Im sure this information is somewhere in this thread, but i dont have the time to read 414 pages so sorry if this has been asked.
    I was wondering if anyone was in a similar position to me, or just has a general idea of what universities my qualifications would be well suited for.

GCSE- A* 8As 2Bs
    AS- 4As
    A2-3As
    UKCAT-727.5

So id be looking for unis that dont look much at GCSEs, but place alot of emphasis on the UKCAT
    atm im thinking KCL, BARTS, Keele, ST Andrews
    Anyone got any words of wisdom?
    thanks.
    Maybe try I don't know, getting a prospectus? Or even using google, or if you really want to stretch yourself use the search function or even maybe look at the topics available on the forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    :zomg: we arent, well only a little. How about irons as the next topic! My personnal favourtie http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Pressi...170246&sr=1-52
    Does anyone else think this iron looks like a helmet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by med-s)
    im new here, can you point me in the right direction? :P
    What ya after mindless chat - check this thread out and join in
    More usefull advice have a look at the other threads in the forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    :zomg: we arent, well only a little. How about irons as the next topic! My personnal favourtie http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tefal-Pressi...170246&sr=1-52
    (Original post by Amazon)
    [the tefal is] For all situations
    "this man is dying!!"
    "QUICK, WE NEED THE TEFAL!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)

The big question is: who would win in a fight between Darth Vader and Gandalf?
    Gandalf! For shizzle! He may not have a light saber, but who cares!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    Ah, and you admit to it, too!

Nothing like that total and honest acceptance of the truth to make a person likeable :p:.
    Well what can I say, I'm cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Darth would have his head in a second :yes:. Or just crush his windpipe with the Force! No way Gandalf could do anything whilst muttering some spell :p:.

ReputationRep:
    Well what can I say, I'm cool
    Like ice :cool:.

So, UCL huh? A good choice, I reckon.

ReputationRep:

The big question is: who would win in a fight between Darth Vader and Gandalf?

Now that is interesting. Personally Id go for Darth if Gandalf was grey, Gandalf if we was White - darth wouldn't be able to withstand the white awesomeness..

Gandalf or Dumbledore?

ReputationRep:
    It does indeed.

ReputationRep:
    Its an alien helmet :eek3:

(Original post by med-s)
    im new here, can you point me in the right direction? :P
    ill be nice http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1000725

(Original post by Chilledice)
    "this man is dying!!"
    "QUICK, WE NEED THE TEFAL!!"
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    :starwars:

Lord Vader would obviously win. He has a lightsabre (and will choke him with the force)

ReputationRep:
    i have tried google and uni websites etc believe it or not, thats how iv come up with those 4 choices. Some of the unis are, however quite vague so i just thought someone here might be able to shed some light from a different angle. didnt realise my post was quite so out of place...

ReputationRep:
    Like ice :cool:.

So, UCL huh? A good choice, I reckon.
    Me too :teeth: I'm so excited! Expensive, but hopefully worth it. I love london.

ReputationRep:
    :starwars:

Lord Vader would obviously win. He has a lightsabre (and will choke him with the force)
    But Gandalf has a Jess! I'm invincible I'll have you know, you've seen my rippling muscles.

ReputationRep:
    Me too :teeth: I'm so excited! Expensive, but hopefully worth it. I love london.
    It'll be worth it! Medicine is awesome... but bloody hard work! Lots to know. And never enough time lol.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be worth it! Medicine is awesome... but bloody hard work! Lots to know. And never enough time lol.
    It's good to see someone who isn't disillusioned yet, I've heard so many stories about fed up medical students who began enthusiastic but then the enthusiasm died :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Now that is interesting. Personally Id go for Darth if Gandalf was grey, Gandalf if we was White - darth wouldn't be able to withstand the white awesomeness..

Gandalf or Dumbledore?
    Spoiler:
    Show

Dumbledore :ninja:.

Again, the time-factor for casting spells needs to be taken into account. DD would whip Gandalf .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)

Gandalf or Dumbledore?

Im thinking Gandalf- sword and magic staff beats wand and silly robe.

ReputationRep:
    It's good to see someone who isn't disillusioned yet, I've heard so many stories about fed up medical students who began enthusiastic but then the enthusiasm died :p:
    :dontknow: Who is disillusioned lol? Who goes into medical school not expecting it to be bloody hard work, and a challenge, too?

Whoever did that didn't think clearly before applying... :no:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.