Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    But Gandalf has a Jess! I'm invincible I'll have you know, you've seen my rippling muscles.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demon_AS)
    :dontknow: Who is disillusioned lol? Who goes into medical school not expecting it to be bloody hard work, and a challenge, too?

Whoever did that didn't think clearly before applying... :no:
    I don't know, I've heard people telling me that they had friends who now hated it because they got into clinicals, but they probably didn't think :p:

ReputationRep:
    I was a naughty Jess. I only have 4 :p: But the first two were for spam and the second two were for group negging Let that be a warning to you, kids.
    I haven't got to grips with rep. I sent someone positive rep and got an e-mail saying it was a complete waste of time as I was a social inadequate with no repping power. I think I'll focus on warnings - at least it seems clear how that works :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It's good to see someone who isn't disillusioned yet, I've heard so many stories about fed up medical students who began enthusiastic but then the enthusiasm died
    I'm really looking forward to 4th year: pregnancy, kids, babies and elective :party: (just need to get all the practical stuff sorted so I can actually enjoy it :s:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Now that is interesting. Personally Id go for Darth if Gandalf was grey, Gandalf if we was White - darth wouldn't be able to withstand the white awesomeness..

Gandalf or Dumbledore?

I love Dumbledore...but then Gandalf is probably stronger...agh...

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, I've heard people telling me that they had friends who now hated it because they got into clinicals, but they probably didn't think :p:
    Ha, clinicals is the best bit! You get to do stuff to patients :teeth:.

But you do sort of have to know stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    I haven't got to grips with rep. I sent someone positive rep and got an e-mail saying it was a complete waste of time as I was a social inadequate with no repping power. I think I'll focus on warnings - at least it seems clear how that works :cool:
    You need post count of about 150 and few rep points of your own to have any rep power. But the person you repped was still harsh :mad:
    I'll try to rep now, to give you a bit of edge :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)
    :rofl:
    No need to laugh :sad: you know it's true!

ReputationRep:

you walk up to them and go "hello Mr. Jones *smile*.. Today I'm going to do things to you" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I love Dumbledore...but then Gandalf is probably stronger...agh...
    Sir Ian McKellum would beat Michael Gambon in a fight, for sure!

ReputationRep:

What on earth are you planning to do to your patients :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    I haven't got to grips with rep. I sent someone positive rep and got an e-mail saying it was a complete waste of time as I was a social inadequate with no repping power. I think I'll focus on warnings - at least it seems clear how that works
    You need a certain post count and so many gems to have any rep power. The person who replied was harsh its the thought that counts.

ReputationRep:
    No need to laugh :sad: you know it's true!
    Bien sur! (Of course)
    The translation is for the benefit of the mods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    you walk up to them and go "hello Mr. Jones *smile*.. Today I'm going to do things to you" ?
    Essentially, yes.

You introduce yourself and your station, then gain consent for history and/or examination.

If they say yes, you ensure you're appropriately screened, and away you go!

ReputationRep:
    What on earth are you planning to do to your patients :eek:
    Take a history? Examine them for physical signs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    I'm really looking forward to 4th year: pregnancy, kids, babies and elective :party: (just need to get all the practical stuff sorted so I can actually enjoy it :s:)
    :woo: When do you start?

Also, I think a lot of the PSs have been answered but they haven't been tagged as being so, I checked earlier but there were no more to do after I did mine. I think mainly just redrafts now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    You need post count of about 150 and few rep points of your own to have any rep power. But the person you repped was still harsh :mad:
    I'll try to rep now, to give you a bit of edge :p:
    Thanks :lovehug: I shall try to get to 150 by the end of the day :trytofly:

ReputationRep:
    Take a history? Examine them for physical signs?
    Fair game

ReputationRep:
    When do you start?

Also, I think a lot of the PSs have been answered but they haven't been tagged as being so, I checked earlier but there were no more to do after I did mine. I think mainly just redrafts now.
    17th September... might be just enough time to get a new wheelchair :s:

I'll do some of the vet med/dentistry/pharmacy etc statements to try and cut the list down further (and let all you almost-medics get through some of the redrafts :p:) though there are still a few med ones I noticed with no replies yet so it'll depend on what's needing doing tomorrow morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)
    Bien sur! (Of course)
    The translation is for the benefit of the mods.
    I never understood the word Bien, it seems to mean a different thing all the time! Damn french.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.