Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    Sleeping is the be all and end all of the summer holidays ive been hitting 15hours a day for the last month.
    That really is very impressive. :p: I manage 11/12, but any more and I start feeling guilty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Yess, gladly You wouldn't mind Emerson, would you? I can close my eyes when it comes to Mitch Hewer and Brent Corrigan :p:
    I'm all in favour of pretty visitors regardless of sexual orientation and MH and BC are certainly pretty :groovy:

I found romance, but as Emerson refuses to become a vet , I must forsake my matrimonial plans towards him
    :rolleyes: How about if I buy a pair of Hunter wellies... admittedly its not the complete vet look but its a step in the right direction :hat2: Are the nuptuals back on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)

Or it might be something to do, judging by that line, with your crappy attitude and your willingness to look down upon anybody who isn't as privileged as you. I don't know anybody who can't string a sentence together (some even manage to do it using words with two syllables in them!), and I certainly would not be described as posh. For God's sake, have you ever met a state schooled person?
    *dusts himself down*

Actually, I went to a state school for primary school.
    And I do know people who can't string a sentence together, at least what I would call a sentence. That is, the English language rather than an abomination of the English language.

And I look down at practically everyone, but only because i'm 6 foot 4.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    i love when people explain things thoroughly so we're all on the same page and whatnot
    Indeed. (is that word posh or does it just make me sound like I am from the 1920s? I can't tell)

Don't be too hard on nocf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    That really is very impressive. I manage 11/12, but any more and I start feeling guilty
    haha I never used to be able to manage more than around 6-8 but had shingles last month and now cant stay awake, I didnt get up till 3pm and im yawning now! Going back to uni is going to kill me.

Leave us state schooled student alone, tho my grammer does leave alot to be desired. Come up to spennymoor and ull find loadsof people that cant string a sentance together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Indeed. (is that word posh or does it just make me sound like I am from the 1920s? I can't tell)

Don't be too hard on nocf
    oh i dont mean to be - i love him (apart from the smoking..) and he knows that

and no indeed is good, it makes you sound tres sherlock holmes

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh i bet you're SO excited! I remember being full on terrified. I'm pretty scared this year too are you prepared? Been to IKEA to stock up on on essentials such as tupperware?!!
    Of course! Tupperware, pans, plates, cups and basically every thing under the roof really! All im missing now is a mini fridge really :p: Im a little terrified too tbh. :woo:

They hopefully will be telling me i've passed at midday on Friday so I shall let you know then and then.. pub!!! Obviously!
    Obviously! I'd think less of you if you didn't visit the pub!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wouldn't really :no:

Good luck with it

ReputationRep:
    oh i dont mean to be - i love him (apart from the smoking..) and he knows that

and no indeed is good, it makes you sound tres sherlock holmes
    Oh good. I think I will use it even more.

I would be quite happy dressed in tweed with that rather dashing hat :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    haha I never used to be able to manage more than around 6-8 but had shingles last month and now cant stay awake, I didnt get up till 3pm and im yawning now! Going back to uni is going to kill me.

Leave us state schooled student alone, tho my grammer does leave alot to be desired. Come up to spennymoor and ull find loadsof people that cant string a sentance together
    I had shingles during my interview at BSMS. It was really painful just before I went in, but when the adrenaline hit, It was like I couldn't feel anything :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    I'm all in favour of pretty visitors regardless of sexual orientation and MH and BC are certainly pretty :groovy:

:rolleyes: How about if I buy a pair of Hunter wellies... admittedly its not the complete vet look but its a step in the right direction :hat2: Are the nuptuals back on?
    I am getting married to Citrus, so you have to reassign yourself to being my toyboy :yep:

????
    Straight as straight ruler ?
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Sure no probs. Just don't do it in our bed. I shall go on little "holidays" with Brent and Mitch :yep:
    Ah, a perfect arrangement :yep: :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    Of course! Tupperware, pans, plates, cups and basically every thing under the roof really! All im missing now is a mini fridge really Im a little terrified too tbh.

Obviously! I'd think less of you if you didn't visit the pub!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I wouldn't really

Good luck with it
    lots of accomodations dont allow mini fridges, and lots of mini fridges are only suitable for drinks so be careful!!
    and thanks i need the good luck
    have you sorted accom and is it nice?!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I had shingles during my interview at BSMS. It was really painful just before I went in, but when the adrenaline hit, It was like I couldn't feel anything
    It sucks doesnt it id have died if id had it at interview was a right big girl and didnt get out of bed for 3 days

ReputationRep:
    I am getting married to Citrus, so you have to reaasing yourself to being my toyboy :yep:
    He's too tall for you my dear, the wedding photos would look like you'd married a giant. But if the position of toyboy is all that is on offer then I shall accept... reluctantly :huff:

ReputationRep:
    I am getting married to Citrus, so you have to reassign yourself to being my toyboy :yep:

Ah, a perfect arrangement :yep: :daydreaming:
    :woo:

By the way, our children will be called Jeremy, James and Richard (in that order). And i'll drive a black supercharged Range Rover V8, you shall drive a Fiat 500 :yep:

Marvel at the way I have it all planned out in my head

ReputationRep:
    lots of accomodations dont allow mini fridges, and lots of mini fridges are only suitable for drinks so be careful!!
    and thanks i need the good luck
    have you sorted accom and is it nice?!
    xx
    I have accommodation, but I didn't get any of my choices. On the one hand its much cheaper, but then Ill sharing a kitchen between 12 people and bathrooms between 6. It could be a lot worse though.

I also now get the biggest rooms on campus

ReputationRep:
    *dusts himself down*

Actually, I went to a state school for primary school.
    And I do know people who can't string a sentence together, at least what I would call a sentence. That is, the English language rather than an abomination of the English language.

And I look down at practically everyone, but only because i'm 6 foot 4.
    An abomination of the english language? For someone interested in history, you seem to have no concept of the evolution of language, why it happens or why it is a good thing. Why do you think it is acceptable that the english language was able to morph (some might say, abominably) from olde english into it's current incarnation, but you think it's a shame if it progresses any further? Would you have criticised Shakespeare, for making up words?

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

By the way, our children will be called Jeremy, James and Richard (in that order).
    Do I get a say as the possible father of one or more? I would have her drive a Fiat Panda mwahahaha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    15" would be a good size I believe. My laptop is 15.6" widescreen I think and it's already quite bit if you want to carry it around.... If it is mainly going to be desk bound why not splash out for a bigger screen? :p:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I went for a 13", albeit the higher specced version. My rationale is that it is the lightest to carry and therefore I am more likely to take it places, and the price difference between the 13" and the 15" is £200. For that money, you can get a very good 21" screen. So if I feel that the screen is too small for prolonged usage, I'll just buy a huge screen for my room and I have the best of both worlds really.
    Thank you both for the responses! I'm purchasing it from the Apple store along Regent Street so I'll just decide between 13" / 15" on the day. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    Do I get a say as the possible father of one or more? I would have her drive a Fiat Panda mwahahaha
    Be nice she needs a chelsea tractor to keep the kids safe, sod everyone else on the road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Thank you both for the responses! I'm purchasing it from the Apple store along Regent Street so I'll just decide between 13" / 15" on the day. :yy:
    Take along your UCAS letter and you'll get a tasty discount, and if you go in the next couple of days you'll get a free iPod Touch as well. :teeth:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.