Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Medics (and applicants) general chat thread Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxpemberton)
    maybe you all know something i don't, but why are you buying text books now, before you've started your course?? personally, i'd wait until the first week - often medical schools have second hand books at very cheap prices for sale, and also, certain medical schools prefer (and therefore take the exam questions directly from) certain text books which you won't know until the lecturer's tell you. i'd hold off until you start the course.
    Personally Im waiting until the last possible moment before I spill the cash on buying text books, my wallet isnt looking too healthy these days. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    Oh :erm:

When I read his books I always found it funny that He was called Max, attended UCL and had a mother called Julia - the same as me.
    Is he really on this site? I saw him too, quoted him, but didn't get a reply. Could we be dreaming?

Wait, you read his books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I have never had eggy bread :ninja:
    :yikes: You have never LIVED!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    They expired :proud:
    My aunt had 9 points on her driving license, was caught speeding by a speed camera but the points were added 1 day after 6 of the points already on her license expired. How jammy is that!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    It is single handedly one of the greatest foods you can possibly make.

ReputationRep:
    Evening all, all this UCL invading is giving me a headache. In other news, I have my accommodation receipt, so all's good in the hood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)
    My aunt had 9 points on her driving license, was caught speeding by a speed camera but the points were added 1 day after 6 of the points already on her license expired. How jammy is that!!
    That is lucky! Thankfully, my TSR license isn't of much use in real life so unless it comes up on my CRB check I'm good to go :woo: I also don't know how to drive yet.

ReputationRep:
    Is he really on this site? I saw him too, quoted him, but didn't get a reply. Could we be dreaming?

I read both of them, one on the journey to London and one on the way back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Sounds like I should try it. How do you make it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Evening all, all this UCL invading is giving me a headache. In other news, I have my accommodation receipt, so all's good in the hood.
    King's intruder :battle:

ReputationRep:
    That is lucky! Thankfully, my TSR license isn't of much use in real life so unless it comes up on my CRB check I'm good to go :woo: I also don't know how to drive yet.
    I'm not sure that warnings on TSR count as a criminal offence. So they probably won't come up in your CRB check. (Don't take my word for it though...:p: )

ReputationRep:

He's definitely on here, and he's seen videos of Brent Corrigan :yep:

(yes, I made a bit of a fool of myself :o: )

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that warnings on TSR count as a criminal offence. So they probably won't come up in your CRB check. (Don't take my word for it though...:p: )
    You never know, it's an enhanced check :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like I should try it. How do you make it?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A11484975
    You can either have it savoury or sweet, personally never tried it sweet as I love it with brown sauce :coma:

ReputationRep:
    He's definitely on here, and he's seen videos of Brent Corrigan :yep:

(yes, I made a bit of a fool of myself :o: )
    How do you know for shizzle it's him? It could be an imposter!

ReputationRep:
    You never know, it's an enhanced check :eek:
    Still only looks at criminal record, not TSR record (although group negging isn't very doctorlike behavior...)

ReputationRep:
    How do you know for shizzle it's him? It could be an imposter!
    Nah, I think he's for real. But it doesn't matter anyway - he likes Brent Corrigan so I like him :woo:

ReputationRep:
    King's intruder :battle:
    I shall stand and take town your Godless institution :p:

Or something along those lines anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Still only looks at criminal record, not TSR record (although group negging isn't very doctorlike behavior...)
    Ahem. This was an exceptional circumstance for group negging. I'm not generally that evil
    In the case that no TSR warnings come up then, my record is clean :proud:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    I shall stand and take town your Godless institution :p:

Or something along those lines anyway.
    Are you in intercollegiate halls, per chance? Being in commonwealth is the only chance King's people get to redeem themselves.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.