Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    The TOOOOOOON! :five:
    Please post some feedback on the course when you are through the first term I really like the look of the city, uni & course so I'd be stoked if I got an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    Please post some feedback on the course when you are through the first term I really like the look of the city, uni & course so I'd be stoked if I got an offer
    You've gone down in my books for not applying to UCL :hand:

Only joking :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    You've gone down in my books for not applying to UCL :hand:

Only joking :p:
    I'm an impoverished northern git - London is too pricey for me

ReputationRep:
    I'm an impoverished northern git - London is too pricey for me
    I'm an impoverished northern git too! WIN! :five:

ReputationRep:
    but you are going to london....

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a few of us about Which bit of the norf?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    but you are going to london....
    Student loan and means assessed student finance allows me. As well as the fact I've worked for any extra money.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's a few of us about Which bit of the norf?
    Around the Manchesterish area, Rochdale, if you've heard of it.

Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Student loan and means assessed student finance allows me. As well as the fact I've worked for any extra money.
    That was my point, everyone gets the same, infact more if in london so I don't see why an issue :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    That was my point, everyone gets the same, infact more if in london so I don't see why an issue :confused:
    Now I'm confused I've never said there was a problem.

I think the thing that puts a lot of people off is the fact that indeed prices of living are higher in London, way higher than the higher student loan they give us but there are ways to work around that.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

Are there any PS helpers looking to look at the re-re-draft of my personal statement? I just would like someone who knows what they are talking about to have a look before my tutor has a look at it and completely changes it (for example, his last bit of advice was "talk more about current issues in medicine, such as NHS overcrowding or the postcode lottery" -this is bad advice, yes? My PS should be about me)

ReputationRep:
    Will do Good luck - if you need any help along the way just give us a shout.

ReputationRep:
    Around the Manchesterish area, Rochdale, if you've heard of it.

Yourself?
    I have (never miss an episode of Waterloo Road ). I'm from Settle - on the North Yorkshire / Lancashire border

ReputationRep:
    I have (never miss an episode of Waterloo Road ). I'm from Settle - on the North Yorkshire / Lancashire border
    Recently there has been an influx of people telling me they've heard of Rochdale just because of waterloo road :eek: I've never had it until recently :p:

I could have been an extra in that when I was in my GCSE year :proud: But I didn't

ReputationRep:
    *Looks at sig* ..... :eek3:

You've already sent off your application?!

I shouldn't really feel shocked I suppose, but i don't know of anyone who has sent off their applicaition so early! Nothing wrong with it though. I just feel very behind :p:

ReputationRep:
    Recently there has been an influx of people telling me they've heard of Rochdale just because of waterloo road :eek: I've never had it until recently :p:

I could have been an extra in that when I was in my GCSE year :proud: But I didn't
    You probably don't look greasy and dim enough to be an extra...

I've heard of Cyril Smith and the Co-operative Society if that is more impressive :angel:

ReputationRep:
    You probably don't look greasy and dim enough to be an extra...

I've heard of Cyril Smith and the Co-operative Society if that is more impressive :angel:
    :five:
    Rochdale's proudest achievement! Co-operative!

Technically I also live on the lancashire-yorkshire border so I'm not from directly in the centre of Rochdale which means I don't have to put up with all the chavs and their knives. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon if I lit a cigarette, right now in my bedroom, i'd get caught?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _lynx_)
    *Looks at sig* ..... :eek3:

You've already sent off your application?!

I shouldn't really feel shocked I suppose, but i don't know of anyone who has sent off their applicaition so early! Nothing wrong with it though. I just feel very behind :p:
    I needed to do it before I drove myself mad switching my choices around - in the last week I've changed my mind more times than I care to mention! Now I can have a break before launching into a frenzy of track-checking :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Do you reckon if I lit a cigarette, right now in my bedroom, i'd get caught?
    Nope - but its bad for your breathers. I don't suppose anyone ever told you that :rolleyes:

Anyone watching University Challenge?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.