Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    Gimp then :sexface:

Kidding .

Oh thanks, maybe I shall send him a pm. I know a few in my year, but no freshers.
    ummm lemme check I know a few more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Good, I didn't originally
    Thank god for Google safe search
    I prefer safesearch turned off, funnily enough :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Gimp then :sexface:

Kidding .

Oh thanks, maybe I shall send him a pm. I know a few in my year, but no freshers.
    There's toiletpaper8 as well.

ReputationRep:
    What? :lolwut:
    Stop changing my quote. JIST!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    You guys don't half spam much in a few hours...lol

Cheers on people who replied to me earlier :p:

(Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Go to Wilkinsons, it's like a nirvana for cheap stuff. :awesome:
    hmm not a bad idea :p:

Awesome, you watched it! I'll probably watch it tonight and I'll let you know what I think.

It depends what you want it for. If you just want something to play music, then go for the nano. If you want something you can use as an organiser, a portable games machine, a web browser and a video player as well, then it's worth investing a bit more and going for the touch (technically you could also play movies on the nano, but if you were to try and watch anything for a considerable amount of time on that tiny screen you may regret it).

Also, don't be put off by getting a Touch with reduced storage compared to what you have. It's no trouble at all to sync it and change it around compared to your moods. I only have an 8GB one but around 80 combined gigabytes of videos on my iTunes, and it works fine. If I wake up one morning and decide I'm in a Lost mood, I can just whack it on there.
    Thing is I have a PSP which I can quite easily watch movies on that :p: I hardly use it to be honest :erm: The PSP can also be used for a web browser... How useful is the Touch in organising anyways?

I don't think it's even possible to watch a movie on a nano without your eyes killing you after...

Fair point about the resynching but it's just effort :p: I only really synch my current nano when I want to add new music on it which isn't that often as I don't get new songs often...and when I do it's quite a lot at once :p:

Seems that a new nano would be better than a touch for me...but I kinda want a Touch for the sake of having one :p: Apparently it's like an iPhone without the phone :teeth:

So far I have some clothes, some bedding, a laptop and now some crockery. I still need to get a new phone, the inevitable horde of stationery, some more clothes (suits and boring stuff), and probably some other bits and bobs I haven't thought of yet. Oh, and I need a gown and a cap, but I'm going to get that on Freshers' week.

There's no point in me buying a stethoscope yet, as I highly doubt I'll need one for some time, but I don't know about Barts. It might be worth waiting till freshers' and asking a student there?
    Awesone. I have so far acquired...some clothes, stationary, a couple of text books, a frying pan, some cutlery, a new phone (well I got it a couple of months ago but meh :p:), a laptop and an external hard drive. I need to get stuff for fancy dress stuff at freshers :erm: more clothes and probably general day to day stuff

Probably is worth waiting, I'll see what people say :p: If only you were coming to Barts.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    There's toiletpaper8 as well.
    Oh yes oh yes. I will shot gun as my personal helper monkey. . This is progress.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I prefer safesearch turned off, funnily enough :rolleyes:
    I'm shocked!

ReputationRep:
    What if it does! :eek4:
    It won't. Just in your internet history! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes oh yes. I will shot gun as my personal helper monkey. . This is progress.
    How could I have forgotten TP!

2 more slaves medic freshers:

Blatant Troll
    spank_

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    How could I have forgotten TP!

2 more slaves medic freshers:

Blatant Troll
    spank_
    Thank you good sir. .

ReputationRep:
    Thank you good sir. .
    No problem :top2:

Try to be fairly nice (I also expect an extra special PM :hmmm:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Why don't you just put their pics as a screensaver? Saves you googling them each time. Better still get their posters and put them on the wall
    And my mother can't even put a video into the bloody videoplayer :nn:
    Good plan, but somewhat awkward to explain to my mum I would imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bottfly7)
    True.

Did you get your freshers' tickets earlier by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked!
    :rofl:

Let me know if you'd like me to recommend a film :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Good plan, but somewhat awkward to explain to my mum I would imagine.
    Good god, she still has no clue?
    Choose innocent poses Or a screensaver for a private profile?

ReputationRep:
    True.

Did you get your freshers' tickets earlier by the way?
    No. Should I have? I thought there would be selling them at the union opening night thing.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever invented inPrivate browsing should get a huuuuuge medal :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to be shot-gunned! I suppose it's best not to apply to Imperial then.

ReputationRep:
    No. Should I have? I thought there would be selling them at the union opening night thing.
    They are, but they've put them online so a lot of people are buying them there. Fair game if you're going to buy them then though

ReputationRep:
    Whoever invented inPrivate browsing should get a huuuuuge medal :woo:
    :rofl:
    Jess probably trusted you and didn't think to use inPrivate browsing :p:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.