Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm working 12-6 today and I'm ill I am croaking instead of talking, that should be interesting. *grunts "can I take your order please"*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    You guys don't half spam much in a few hours...lol

Cheers on people who replied to me earlier :p:
    i was just thinking the exact same thing.

I have seen it now, it is a very, very good film. The story is gripping, the acting is tight, the camerawork is brilliant and the overall claustrophobic atmosphere is just amazing. In terms of overall impact as a piece of media, I'd say it was one of the best films I've seen recently. I was very impressed.

Thing is I have a PSP which I can quite easily watch movies on that :p: I hardly use it to be honest :erm: The PSP can also be used for a web browser... How useful is the Touch in organising anyways?
    I had a PSP, but I never used it either. It was far too fiddly to get your own movies onto it for one, and the storage was far too small (both things which are vastly different on the Touch, so don't rule it out). The web browser on the Touch is also far superior, as it has an actual keyboard you can type rather than the ridiculously laborious process of selecting each letter that it was on the PSP.

The Touch is pretty useful as an organiser, at least as good as the old PDA's used to be. You get a calendar feature on it which is basically a port of the brilliant iCal, which syncs with your computer and you can do all kinds of fancy planning on it. Also if you're made of money there's an awesome feature you can get which means that as soon as you change something on your Touch your computer wirelessly updates as well. There's also email, etc., and a fair few useful apps you can download for organising.

I don't think it's even possible to watch a movie on a nano without your eyes killing you after...
    Indeed.

Fair point about the resynching but it's just effort :p: I only really synch my current nano when I want to add new music on it which isn't that often as I don't get new songs often...and when I do it's quite a lot at once :p:
    That's fair enough. I seem to have a dock always plugged in to my computer, so it's no hassle at all for me to just put my Touch in and let it do it's work for a couple of minutes while I check my emails. You may be different. :p:

Seems that a new nano would be better than a touch for me...but I kinda want a Touch for the sake of having one :p: Apparently it's like an iPhone without the phone :teeth:
    It's pretty much exactly that. I'm not sure if it would be worth going out and buying one now though, as in a few weeks Apple will announce that they're going to be bringing out a tablet to replace it which will basically be a cool eReader, so it might be worth hanging on for a little bit. And now if they don't announce that I'll look like a fool.

Awesone. I have so far acquired...some clothes, stationary, a couple of text books, a frying pan, some cutlery, a new phone (well I got it a couple of months ago but meh :p:), a laptop and an external hard drive. I need to get stuff for fancy dress stuff at freshers :erm: more clothes and probably general day to day stuff

Probably is worth waiting, I'll see what people say :p: If only you were coming to Barts.... :p:
    Oh yeah, I need to get some fancy dress stuff as well. The theme for my first bop at freshers' week is 'under the sea' - haven't got a clue what to do (I've never really been very big on fancy dress).

And you never know, I may very well be joining you at Barts for your last few years. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm working 12-6 today and I'm ill I am croaking instead of talking, that should be interesting. *grunts "can I take your order please"*
    I'm going back to school today. :woo: I've got to get my chemistry teacher to explain this confounded Nernst Equation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I'm going back to school today. :woo: I've got to get my chemistry teacher to explain this confounded Nernst Equation.
    Is that a good thing? Our syllabus never covered entropy at all, and so I need notes as it was on our list of concepts we should know before I arrive, so it looks like I will be calling in at some time :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Is that a good thing? Our syllabus never covered entropy at all, and so I need notes as it was on our list of concepts we should know before I arrive, so it looks like I will be calling in at some time :sadnod:
    Well, it's good in that it will be nice to see some of my old teachers. :p:

I'm pretty sure that the Nernst Equation wasn't on our course at all, as when I asked my teacher about it he said he'd have to read up on it. Plus it's got logarithms in it, so it might have been classed as too difficult for A Level students.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's good in that it will be nice to see some of my old teachers. :p:

I'm pretty sure that the Nernst Equation wasn't on our course at all, as when I asked my teacher about it he said he'd have to read up on it. Plus it's got logarithms in it, so it might have been classed as too difficult for A Level students.
    The Nernst equation was not on our course at all either, but it doesn't look too difficult from looking at it on wiki. Its just really the maths behind electrolysis.

Pity there isn't anywhere good online for notes for entropy. I don't even know to what extent I should know entropy for it. :rolleyes:

I don't know about Oxford, but our list of concepts was actually quite long, though most things were relatively easy since they were all covered in the syllabus for A-Level

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :rofl: I can't talk currently I want a set of lockpicks, not the most honest peice of equipment :p:
    :p:
    I once forgot my house key and tried to open the door with a hairpin :p:

ReputationRep:
    home and away is making me cry. a lot.

ReputationRep:
    i was just thinking the exact same thing.
    When this happens I usually don't bother reading what happens :p:

It's effort following this thread

I have seen it now, it is a very, very good film. The story is gripping, the acting is tight, the camerawork is brilliant and the overall claustrophobic atmosphere is just amazing. In terms of overall impact as a piece of media, I'd say it was one of the best films I've seen recently. I was very impressed.
    Agreed It was surprisingly drawing me in as it went on (I say this as I was rather tired at first but was less so as the film went on :p:). Was definitely worth watching :yep:

I had a PSP, but I never used it either. It was far too fiddly to get your own movies onto it for one, and the storage was far too small (both things which are vastly different on the Touch, so don't rule it out). The web browser on the Touch is also far superior, as it has an actual keyboard you can type rather than the ridiculously laborious process of selecting each letter that it was on the PSP.

The Touch is pretty useful as an organiser, at least as good as the old PDA's used to be. You get a calendar feature on it which is basically a port of the brilliant iCal, which syncs with your computer and you can do all kinds of fancy planning on it. Also if you're made of money there's an awesome feature you can get which means that as soon as you change something on your Touch your computer wirelessly updates as well. There's also email, etc., and a fair few useful apps you can download for organising.
    This is true, I haven't actually touched my PSP in a few months :ninja: The storage isn't too bad on the PSP, I think I have an 8gb card in there and a couple of 1 or 2gb cards spare (as a result of having a sony camera and a sony phone :p:). Yeah the internet on the PSP is a nightmare when you want to type out stuff...letter by letter :erm:

That's fair enough. I seem to have a dock always plugged in to my computer, so it's no hassle at all for me to just put my Touch in and let it do it's work for a couple of minutes while I check my emails. You may be different. :p:
    That is a pretty good idea :p: I plug mine in when I need it...takes up usb ports you see :p: Also I would plug it into a plug thing so I can charge my ipod from the mains if needed

It's pretty much exactly that. I'm not sure if it would be worth going out and buying one now though, as in a few weeks Apple will announce that they're going to be bringing out a tablet to replace it which will basically be a cool eReader, so it might be worth hanging on for a little bit. And now if they don't announce that I'll look like a fool.
    I am pretty interested in getting a touch now :p: Seems like a pretty fun device to play with :awesome: The only issue is finding the money to get one :erm: Maybe I'll use some of my loan money....if it ever comes through properly... If I did want to get one I would probably look at the 16gb...maybe but it's over £200 :sad: So I guess I should start saving :p:

Looking at the apple site engraving sounds like a cool idea to do but I wouldn't know what to engrave even if I wanted to :p:

I googled the tablet and it sounds like a massive thing :eek3: And I can't imagine it would be cheaper than a touch when it does come out :p:

Oh yeah, I need to get some fancy dress stuff as well. The theme for my first bop at freshers' week is 'under the sea' - haven't got a clue what to do (I've never really been very big on fancy dress).

And you never know, I may very well be joining you at Barts for your last few years. :awesome:
    I'm not a big fan of fancy dress either to be honest, I don't like having to go out and find materials and such :p: I know I'm sorted for school disco night :laugh: not sure what I'm going to do for tarzan, toga and gangsters night though :erm:

This is true, I have a few years to entice you to Barts :p:

ReputationRep:
    Baaaaaaaaarts (or should I say...LON-DON)

Toga=Whitechapel market, buy a length of white fabric. Pins and google will show you how to make a toga.

ReputationRep:
    Evening abusers of traditional roman dress. Had the shift from hell today, a rather large male patient decided it would be fun to dive bomb head-first out of his bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    When this happens I usually don't bother reading what happens :p:

It's effort following this thread
    When it goes crazy I usually just skip to wherever people have quoted me and just read that.

Agreed It was surprisingly drawing me in as it went on (I say this as I was rather tired at first but was less so as the film went on :p:). Was definitely worth watching :yep:
    Far superior to World Trade Centre (which was a squeaky clean version which didn't really look at anything deep). I love how it neither glorified or demonised it, forced you to find your own morality and realise that there were faults and mistakes on all sides. A very brave piece of filmmaking indeed.

This is true, I haven't actually touched my PSP in a few months :ninja: The storage isn't too bad on the PSP, I think I have an 8gb card in there and a couple of 1 or 2gb cards spare (as a result of having a sony camera and a sony phone :p:). Yeah the internet on the PSP is a nightmare when you want to type out stuff...letter by letter :erm:
    I only had a 2GB and 1GB card. :sad: Also as a result of sony phones. However I shall not be getting one again - I'm fed up with their crappiness.

That is a pretty good idea :p: I plug mine in when I need it...takes up usb ports you see :p: Also I would plug it into a plug thing so I can charge my ipod from the mains if needed
    I don't use my USB ports very much, I have to admit. Most of my things are taken care with either wirelessly or with Firewire.

I am pretty interested in getting a touch now :p: Seems like a pretty fun device to play with :awesome: The only issue is finding the money to get one :erm: Maybe I'll use some of my loan money....if it ever comes through properly... If I did want to get one I would probably look at the 16gb...maybe but it's over £200 :sad: So I guess I should start saving :p:

Looking at the apple site engraving sounds like a cool idea to do but I wouldn't know what to engrave even if I wanted to :p:

I googled the tablet and it sounds like a massive thing :eek3: And I can't imagine it would be cheaper than a touch when it does come out :p:
    The best thing about them are the apps. It's such an unexpected delight seeing some of the gems you can get. Like I got this version of Breakout for 59p, and it is a huge game, and really great fun.

I wouldn't recommend engraving - I think it always ends up looking a bit tacky, and if you ever want to sell it on down the line you'll have to find someone else who also likes the name "Fizzle Fizzle to the Cizzle". Engraving does make for some fun sites though, like this one: http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/hu...ng/index.shtml I particularly like "Trapped in an iPod Factory. Please send help." :giggle:

I'm not a big fan of fancy dress either to be honest, I don't like having to go out and find materials and such :p: I know I'm sorted for school disco night :laugh: not sure what I'm going to do for tarzan, toga and gangsters night though :erm:
    Turn up as a 1930's gangster, complete with fedora. It would look immense. :awesome:

I can't really think of anything for mine. I might do something like a lobster or a waiter on the titanic (would be pretty simple). A deep sea diver would be cool, but it would also be ridiculously restrictive at a party! :p:

This is true, I have a few years to entice you to Barts :p:
    Get on the admissions panel as a third year and I'd definitely be tempted. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Evening abusers of traditional roman dress. Had the shift from hell today, a rather large male patient decided it would be fun to dive bomb head-first out of his bed.
    And what did you do about that? * genuinely interested*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    And what did you do about that? * genuinely interested*
    Well, he was at the bottom of the bed with his body through the rails, head nearly touching the ground, arse in the air, claiming he was trying to get to the road. I supported his head (with great difficulty), shouted for help, and as the others turned up, we lowered him to the floor, and used the mechanical hoist to return him to whence he came.

I missed my bus because of this :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    home and away is making me cry. a lot.
    why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    why??
    its very sad
    belle is dying of stomach cancer and its all very teary and too much for my weak emotional state!

ReputationRep:
    its very sad
    belle is dying of stomach cancer and its all very teary and too much for my weak emotional state!
    Ahhh, I see... she's quite whiny generally though isn't she

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmersonDrain)
    Ahhh, I see... she's quite whiny generally though isn't she
    how dare you speak about a dying soap character in that way!!! shame on you :P:

ReputationRep:
    You know thing's are only going downhill when you start crying at soaps :p:

ReputationRep:
    how dare you speak about a dying soap character in that way!!! shame on you :P:
    Never watched that, but nearly cried at Holby City ( Nearly, as I'm not that sentimental :p:)

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.