ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShinyShiny)
    Hello everyone
    Hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    When it goes crazy I usually just skip to wherever people have quoted me and just read that.
    I sort of do that :p:

Far superior to World Trade Centre (which was a squeaky clean version which didn't really look at anything deep). I love how it neither glorified or demonised it, forced you to find your own morality and realise that there were faults and mistakes on all sides. A very brave piece of filmmaking indeed.
    This is true, it was very neutral in how it portrayed everything. You could see what it could have been like from each side and that in itself makes it a brilliant piece of work :yep:

I only had a 2GB and 1GB card. :sad: Also as a result of sony phones. However I shall not be getting one again - I'm fed up with their crappiness.
    Not getting a PSP or a sony phone? :p: I recently got a Sony Ericcson C905 which I love :p: The only down sides I've found are that the buttons aren't the best but at least they work and that it's rather slow on starting up (but I hardly turn it off anyways :p:). It's strange I've heard people complain about this phone and how it breaks after a month but I've had it for over 2 months and it's been perfectly fine :erm:

I don't use my USB ports very much, I have to admit. Most of my things are taken care with either wirelessly or with Firewire.
    Fair enough, I don't really change them about much but I like to leave one free as I change around what I use there - ipod, phone and camera can connect there :p:

Currently my laptop only has two usb slots so I have stolen my brother's multi-usb adapter thing for more slots to use at uni :ninja:

The best thing about them are the apps. It's such an unexpected delight seeing some of the gems you can get. Like I got this version of Breakout for 59p, and it is a huge game, and really great fun.

I wouldn't recommend engraving - I think it always ends up looking a bit tacky, and if you ever want to sell it on down the line you'll have to find someone else who also likes the name "Fizzle Fizzle to the Cizzle". Engraving does make for some fun sites though, like this one: http://www.methodshop.com/gadgets/hu...ng/index.shtml I particularly like "Trapped in an iPod Factory. Please send help." :giggle:
    I haven't really looked into the applications :p: If I do it'll probably only make me want it more and I don't want to feel like that until I have money :p:

I suppose it can look tacky but I also think it would be a cool thing to have if it has something funny said on it, like the "Trapped in an iPod Factory. Please send help" one you mentioned above :p: If I do get a new ipod I may consider putting that on it :ninja:

I never sell anything I buy...I usually just give it to another member of the family :p:

Turn up as a 1930's gangster, complete with fedora. It would look immense. :awesome:

I can't really think of anything for mine. I might do something like a lobster or a waiter on the titanic (would be pretty simple). A deep sea diver would be cool, but it would also be ridiculously restrictive at a party! :p:
    That would be cool :awesome: Just need to find the items of clothing to wear :erm: I'm not quite sure what to do about Tarzan night...don't particularly want to go around not wearing much :p:

A lobster would be cool, especially if you could have claws to attack people with :teeth: Would be hard to get said claws probably :p:

Get on the admissions panel as a third year and I'd definitely be tempted. :holmes:
    Interesting :p: Donno if they would want me to be on the admissions panel anyways :p:

Can I not send you more subconscious messages? :wizard:

You know you love Barts more than anywhere else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Hello
    You all right then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I cried at Gladiator.

I cry at it all the time.

I also cried at the latest Harry Potter :cry: DUMBLEDORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEE :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Awesome film :awesome:

I haven't seen the latest Harry Potter film :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone
    :hi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Awesome film :awesome:

I haven't seen the latest Harry Potter film :erm:
    I love Gladiator too, it's immense.

You should have seen it

ReputationRep:
    You all right then?
    Yeah alright.

spent 40mins on the phone today to Mr Bank though

ReputationRep:
    :hi:
    I went to UCL today to look around and it looks good, so does my accommodation

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah alright.

You free thursday for cinema?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah alright.

Trying to set up an account or to extend the overdraft?

I have already waited two weeks for my card.

ReputationRep:
    I love Gladiator too, it's immense.

You should have seen it
    It is a brilliant film, and is one of my favourites :p:

I would like to have seen Harry Potter but no one I know would go see it..and I am not going to go on my own :sad:

ReputationRep:

Two weeks is a long time to wait for a card :erm:

Actually when my bank first said they were going to send for a card I waited like 2/3weeks then decided to go in and see why not and it turns out they only got so far in the application After having a word with them they finished off the rest and the card came two days later :p:

ReputationRep:

Nah was about cards

Also 30 mins speaking to a different Mr bank in branch where they attempted to sell me product not very helpful for a student, like a savings account where you must put in a fixed amount a month and not take anything out :rolleyes:

(Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    You free thursday for cinema?
    I think so I will have a looksee later

ReputationRep:
    I went to UCL today to look around and it looks good, so does my accommodation

How are you?
    Awesome! I really, really can't wait. I'm just starting to worry about how much I'll miss some of my friends and family round here. I'll also miss being able to walk round looking like a mong I've not seen my accommodation yet but I hope there are at least a couple of cooking facilities, apparently a couple of floors have a hob so that'd be decent for me seeing as I'll at least need to have something decent for lunch. Anyway I've started talking about multiple things at once as soon as you mentioned UCL so I'll shut up.

I'm good, I'm tired from work but happy because I have a good day planned tomorrow yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! I really, really can't wait. I'm just starting to worry about how much I'll miss some of my friends and family round here. I'll also miss being able to walk round looking like a mong I've not seen my accommodation yet but I hope there are at least a couple of cooking facilities, apparently a couple of floors have a hob so that'd be decent for me seeing as I'll at least need to have something decent for lunch. Anyway I've started talking about multiple things at once as soon as you mentioned UCL so I'll shut up.

I'm good, I'm tired from work but happy because I have a good day planned tomorrow yourself?
    Is that banned at UCL :confused:

ReputationRep:

I think so I will have a looksee later
    :top:

It'll be Redruth not Truro :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Is that banned at UCL :confused:
    The level of my day-to-day mongness is banned from society, hence why I keep in the house when I look like a mong.

ReputationRep:
    The level of my day-to-day mongness is banned from society, hence why I keep in the house when I look like a mong.
    How high is this level of mongness?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.