The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

crazylemon
I have no knifebox just separate guards.

I need to learn how to get them razor sharp though :colone:

Buy a sharpening stick, but be careful with the angle or you wreck the blade.
ShinyShiny
Buy a sharpening stick, but be careful with the angle or you wreck the blade.

I know hence the need to learn
Chilledice
well.. It was meant to be tutoring maths to people who have had drug/drink problems in the past and need assistance to get their maths back up to standard, normally to help getting jobs (well, that is what the website said!)

However, after meeting the organiser today, she said that they have never tutored maths, and never will.. But they do teach literacy, but I wont be doing that.. Instead I am now their IT geek, I am helping them start a store, website, design leaflets and all that!.. So, not what I signed up for, and not my strength, but I can try right?

I mean I cant exactly complain and be like "BUT I WANT TO DO BETTER VOLUNTARY WORK!! I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR!! ARGHH!!"

It was the same thing with me- I signed up to be volunteer at Birmingham Arthritis Research Centre, and thought I will be visiting people with arthritis to help, and it turned out I need to push surveys about arthritis around library foyer :rolleyes:
normalothercitrusfruit
That is one way of thinking of it, another way is that i've now got stuff to sort out that I can't be bothered with.

You don't need Emerson, i'm pretty good at pretending to be straight when the need arises :yep:

:zomg:
And if you are so good at pretending to be straight, you don't need Mitch and Brent, surely? :teeth:
crazylemon
I know hence the need to learn

Oh, right :o:
ShinyShiny
I brought cheap but sharp knives incase someone nicks them - the saucepans aren't working though.

My 8" carving knife :colone:
AutVinceriAutMori
It was the same thing with me- I signed up to be volunteer at Birmingham Arthritis Research Centre, and thought I will be visiting people with arthritis to help, and it turned out I need to push surveys about arthritis around library foyer :rolleyes:

Happens to all of us, I guess!
AutVinceriAutMori

And if you are so good at pretending to be straight, you don't need Mitch and Brent, surely? :teeth:

I am very good at pretending - none of my friends guessed :proud:

But just because i'm good at pretending doesn't mean I want to be straight - Mitch and Brent would make me happier :yep:
bottfly7

Ok I am getting a little unerved now.

Why the hell are you going to need a carving knife?

ShinyShiny
Oh, right :o:

Its ok will get my dad to try and tech me :p:
normalothercitrusfruit
I am very good at pretending - none of my friends guessed :proud:

But just because i'm good at pretending doesn't mean I want to be straight - Mitch and Brent would make me happier :yep:

Having Emerson (or substitute) would amke me happy :eviltongue: :p:
Chilledice
Happens to all of us, I guess!

As soon as my uni timetable comes I will either bugger off or cut my time with them short :proud:
crazylemon

Its ok will get my dad to try and tech me :p:

More to the point why will he need FOUR saucepans? :p:
crazylemon

Came with the set. :biggrin: Plus I use it as a chef's knife (even though there is already a chef's knife in the set, it is just smaller)
ShinyShiny
I brought cheap but sharp knives incase someone nicks them - the saucepans aren't working though.

Nice knives are essential- cheap knives bend and break, and blunt easier, then you need to buy new ones.
Degausser

Different sizes :biggrin:
Really, its essential to have at least 2, and I inherited 4. I'm not complaining!
AutVinceriAutMori
Having Emerson (or substitute) would amke me happy :eviltongue: :p:

Yeah, but i'm still a guy so it'd be no different. On the other hand, you and Brent are totally different :rolleyes:
Degausser

I have efectively 3. 4 is abit of overkill though

Well one is a skillet but that is practically a large saucepan

I need to get a pyrex casserole dish thing though
bottfly7

Thats the same as me :fight:
Is anyone watching Newsnight? Paxman is slapping all the Party representatives (although Vince Cable is doing OK).
bottfly7

bottfly7
Came with the set. :biggrin: Plus I use it as a chef's knife (even though there is already a chef's knife in the set, it is just smaller)

Nice knives are essential- cheap knives bend and break, and blunt easier, then you need to buy new ones.

They are cheap but almost equal in quality to my fathers sabatier. Regardless, the butchers knife is good quality.
bottfly7

******* huge knife though :p:
bottfly7
Is anyone watching Newsnight? Paxman is slapping all the Party representatives (although Vince Cable is doing OK).

I am. I don't really understand it, but I'm watching it. Paxman owns them all.

Latest

Trending

Trending