Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Tut tut. I've given four times now :proud:
    Anyway, I'm off for said test. Wish me luck!
    I will at some point :yep:

And yeah, good luck

ReputationRep:
    tsr is quiet, where is everyone, again I'm not supposed to cross the medic boundary by going on this thread :o: but it's the most active thread!

ReputationRep:
    lol we've been the most active thread since october last year. :king1:

with a few dips in exam season :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Did you know that nobody ever rejects Oxbridge?

(Original post by Jessaay!)
    Do you understand it now? Does it look complicated?
    Nah, not really. It's just bringing together a lot of different work on kinetics, to make it more of a one-step equation than doing lots of steps. The wikipedia page just made it out to be ridiculously more complex than it is.

(Original post by FFCrusader)
    This is true, it was very neutral in how it portrayed everything. You could see what it could have been like from each side and that in itself makes it a brilliant piece of work :yep:
    I find the best documentaries never force you to take sides, instead making you explore the content yourself, and define your own morality.

If you liked it, you might be interested in watching "The Murder of Stephen Lawrence". It was the first thing I ever watched by Paul Greengrass, and as a documentary it is simply brilliant. It might be a bit hard getting hold of it now though, as I think it was made for TV.

Not getting a PSP or a sony phone? :p: I recently got a Sony Ericcson C905 which I love :p: The only down sides I've found are that the buttons aren't the best but at least they work and that it's rather slow on starting up (but I hardly turn it off anyways :p:). It's strange I've heard people complain about this phone and how it breaks after a month but I've had it for over 2 months and it's been perfectly fine :erm:
    Both, actually. Although I meant the phone. :p:

I'm just fed up with them, they always seem to break with me. Either the buttons end up sticking which is crazily annoying, or weird stuff starts happening with my contacts and messages. So I have decided no more. I want to get the Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition now, it looks awesome.

Fair enough, I don't really change them about much but I like to leave one free as I change around what I use there - ipod, phone and camera can connect there :p:

Currently my laptop only has two usb slots so I have stolen my brother's multi-usb adapter thing for more slots to use at uni :ninja:
    I don't have a camera. I figure I'd never take it anywhere, and someone I'm with always seems to have one if I need it. :p:

I haven't really looked into the applications :p: If I do it'll probably only make me want it more and I don't want to feel like that until I have money :p:

I suppose it can look tacky but I also think it would be a cool thing to have if it has something funny said on it, like the "Trapped in an iPod Factory. Please send help" one you mentioned above :p: If I do get a new ipod I may consider putting that on it :ninja:

I never sell anything I buy...I usually just give it to another member of the family :p:
    Yeah, that's a clever thing to do. There are some seriously cool ones though. There's also a specific medical section of them if you want some study help. :awesome:

Whenever I see someone with a funny message engraved or tattooed, I also wonder how long it stays funny for. Surely after a year of looking at it every day, you must start to regret it? Plus, most of them just reveal the author to be lacking in humour. :holmes:

That would be cool :awesome: Just need to find the items of clothing to wear :erm: I'm not quite sure what to do about Tarzan night...don't particularly want to go around not wearing much :p:

A lobster would be cool, especially if you could have claws to attack people with :teeth: Would be hard to get said claws probably :p:
    For Tarzan you could always dress up as one of the hunters that came after him. All you'd need would be cream clothes and a safari hat - not many other people would have it and you wouldn't be exposing yourself.

The claws would be quite difficult to make. I still need some thinking for that one.

Interesting :p: Donno if they would want me to be on the admissions panel anyways :p:

Can I not send you more subconscious messages? :wizard:

You know you love Barts more than anywhere else
    You should team up with Derren Brown if you want to do it subconsciously, and then I'd definitely be going. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :lol: NI Cambridge Freshers had an event in Belfast on Monday night, and we were discussing about people rejecting their offers. Outside of medicine it is very silly to do so unless you are going to go to another top university, which the people we were discussing weren't. Inside of medicine, its wise to reject it if you don't think the course and teaching style suits you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    Do we close threads at 500 pages? or 5000? I can never remember
    They're closed at 10 000 posts, so 500 pages.

Afternoon all :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    They're closed at 10 000 posts, so 500 pages.

Afternoon all
    oooh ok so we're 5 pages away from mk 5!!
    and hiii :hi:

ReputationRep:
    oooh ok so we're 5 pages away from mk 5!!
    and hiii :hi:
    :hi:
    There will be make V ? :awesome:
    Just had couple of letter dellivered to my house and none of them is adressed to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)

There will be make V ?
    Just had couple of letter dellivered to my house and none of them is adressed to me
    we might have to call it something else if none of you are applicants any more.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    we might have to call it something else if none of you are applicants any more.. :confused:
    How about "Medicine related Spam thread" or "Medics, Applicants and some random people thread"

ReputationRep:
    Howdy :hello:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Howdy :hello:
    :wavey:

Still deciding whether to phone Birmingham or no. Being without timetable sucks as I will have to plan my life around it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:

Still deciding whether to phone Birmingham or no. Being without timetable sucks as I will have to plan my life around it :rolleyes:
    I'd phone them if I were you, haven't got anything to lose by trying.

I still haven't phoned student finance, just can't be bothered tbh :no:

ReputationRep:
    Freshers pack :woo:

I need to read it though....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Freshers pack :woo:

I need to read it though....
    Yes, freshers' packs do tend to work like that - they can't just be absorbed into the mind :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, freshers' packs do tend to work like that - they can't just be absorbed into the mind :p:
    Well they should be!

off to read it now....

ReputationRep:
    I'd phone them if I were you, haven't got anything to lose by trying.

I still haven't phoned student finance, just can't be bothered tbh :no:
    Tut, tut, irresponsible Citrus :p:
    I phoned them yesterday and left a message, so i don't wan to phone again But will have to by the looks of it.
    Have you sorted out accom @ Exeter? Thank god, I don't have to worry about it (yet)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Well they should be!

off to read it now....
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Tut, tut, irresponsible Citrus :p:
    I phoned them yesterday and left a message, so i don't wan to phone again But will have to by the looks of it.
    Have you sorted out accom @ Exeter? Thank god, I don't have to worry about it (yet)
    indeed, i'll ring them soon :sadnod:

Well if you only phoned them yesterday then it may be worth waiting a little longer...

And yeah, i've sorted out accommodation :woo:

ReputationRep:
    There's always one :p:

I find the best documentaries never force you to take sides, instead making you explore the content yourself, and define your own morality.

If you liked it, you might be interested in watching "The Murder of Stephen Lawrence". It was the first thing I ever watched by Paul Greengrass, and as a documentary it is simply brilliant. It might be a bit hard getting hold of it now though, as I think it was made for TV.
    This is true, I don't really watch documentaries but I do find the ones that have no bias are the better ones purely because you get the facts of all sides and can actually make an educated decision on what you believe, rather than be pushed to one side.

Cool, I wouldn't know where to look for that documentary though :p: Might be able to find it online...maybe..

Both, actually. Although I meant the phone. :p:

I'm just fed up with them, they always seem to break with me. Either the buttons end up sticking which is crazily annoying, or weird stuff starts happening with my contacts and messages. So I have decided no more. I want to get the Samsung Tocco Ultra Edition now, it looks awesome.
    :p: I love sony ericcson phones and I've never had a problem with them. I previously had a w810i and it was like the best phone I've ever had...still works pretty much perfectly after 3 years but I fancied a change and gave it to the mother :p: The C905 I have now seems pretty decent despite all the bad reviews I've heard.

Never had a Samsung so I wouldn't know what to say about them :p:

I don't have a camera. I figure I'd never take it anywhere, and someone I'm with always seems to have one if I need it. :p:
    :p: I used to use my camera lots but seems to be declining now...plus my new phone has a pretty damn good camera on it so I don't really need to take my camera about with me. Though that probably wouldn't stop me if I wanted to take it with me :teeth: I expect I'd be using it during freshers

Oh you're one of those people :p: The one who uses other people's cameras and then steals the pics :p:

If you ever get facebook and add me, you'll see I have like 50 odd album of pictures :p:

Yeah, that's a clever thing to do. There are some seriously cool ones though. There's also a specific medical section of them if you want some study help. :awesome:

Whenever I see someone with a funny message engraved or tattooed, I also wonder how long it stays funny for. Surely after a year of looking at it every day, you must start to regret it? Plus, most of them just reveal the author to be lacking in humour. :holmes:
    I suppose that is true. Then again when using my ipod i rarely look at the back of it :p: I'd mainly use the engraving to make a mark to prove that it's mine should there be a mix up :p: Let's ignore the fact that you can probably do that from looking at the content :ninja:

People have also said it is a ***** to get it fixed if it is engraved though. Apparently if it is engraved and it breaks you have to send it off instead of them giving you a new one in a store :erm: In that situation I would probably say just give me a new one I don't care about the engraving :p:

For Tarzan you could always dress up as one of the hunters that came after him. All you'd need would be cream clothes and a safari hat - not many other people would have it and you wouldn't be exposing yourself.

The claws would be quite difficult to make. I still need some thinking for that one.
    That is a good idea :awesome: Yeah I don't like exposing myself :p: Need to spend time at the gym :ninja:

Claws would be difficult to make, but if you do manage it, it would be awesome :awesome:

You should team up with Derren Brown if you want to do it subconsciously, and then I'd definitely be going. :cool:
    Not a bad idea :teeth:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.