Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Not yet I am afraid.
    No probs, text me when you know if i'm not on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Yeah. The full license is pink, provisional is green It was my summer's mission and somehow I managed to achieve it :nutcase:
    Well done!

I have been driving for over a year and the novelty still hasn't worn off, I still go for random drives most days :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    I see you lurking dirty.
    :lurk:
    indeed reemster indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Love you too Becky! Cheerful today, aren't we?
    ee yes cheerful is the new depressed i think, i'm aiming to stay cheerful forever. not that depression is necessarily a bad thing as it led me to you lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    :lol: NI Cambridge Freshers had an event in Belfast on Monday night, and we were discussing about people rejecting their offers. Outside of medicine it is very silly to do so unless you are going to go to another top university, which the people we were discussing weren't. Inside of medicine, its wise to reject it if you don't think the course and teaching style suits you.
    I dislike the idea that any University is of such standards that nobody could turn it down. The fact remains that Oxbridge has a definite style that won't suit everyone (I sometime wonder if it will suit me), and that it's also perfectly acceptable for people to like other places more, for any number of reasons - like how their course is taught, the type of environment they'll be in, where they will be. But that seems to be quite an unpopular viewpoint.

(Original post by FFCrusader)
    This is true, I don't really watch documentaries but I do find the ones that have no bias are the better ones purely because you get the facts of all sides and can actually make an educated decision on what you believe, rather than be pushed to one side.
    I watch very few now. This summer I have just completely wasted really - haven't expanded my horizons, learnt anything new, earned any money - just hung around with my mates and filled my days very unproductively.

However, yesterday I sent back all my forms to Oxford (and man, there was a lot), and later on today I am going to apply for a provisional driving license - productivity is on the up!

Cool, I wouldn't know where to look for that documentary though :p: Might be able to find it online...maybe..
    I wouldn't have thought it would be too easy, as it must be around 10 years old now. I had a quick look around though and there's some clips of it here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/1999/fe...rence.ukcrime8

:p: I love sony ericcson phones and I've never had a problem with them. I previously had a w810i and it was like the best phone I've ever had...still works pretty much perfectly after 3 years but I fancied a change and gave it to the mother :p: The C905 I have now seems pretty decent despite all the bad reviews I've heard.

Never had a Samsung so I wouldn't know what to say about them :p:
    In fairness to them I used to have a K800 and it was an awesome phone. But since then it's been all downhill.

I've never had a Samsung either, but I think they're worth a try. :p:

:p: I used to use my camera lots but seems to be declining now...plus my new phone has a pretty damn good camera on it so I don't really need to take my camera about with me. Though that probably wouldn't stop me if I wanted to take it with me :teeth: I expect I'd be using it during freshers

Oh you're one of those people :p: The one who uses other people's cameras and then steals the pics :p:

If you ever get facebook and add me, you'll see I have like 50 odd album of pictures :p:
    I don't use other people's cameras, per se. :p: I just let them take pictures and then look at them later. :beard:

I suppose that is true. Then again when using my ipod i rarely look at the back of it :p: I'd mainly use the engraving to make a mark to prove that it's mine should there be a mix up :p: Let's ignore the fact that you can probably do that from looking at the content :ninja:

People have also said it is a ***** to get it fixed if it is engraved though. Apparently if it is engraved and it breaks you have to send it off instead of them giving you a new one in a store :erm: In that situation I would probably say just give me a new one I don't care about the engraving :p:
    Yeah, all that Girls Aloud and Blue would be a right giveaway that the iPod was yours.

That is a good idea :awesome: Yeah I don't like exposing myself :p: Need to spend time at the gym :ninja:

Claws would be difficult to make, but if you do manage it, it would be awesome :awesome:
    Crap, that reminded me. I need to get back in shape rather sharpish before Uni starts. I have let myself go considerably, and I hadn't realised it until I tried to race my mate's car the other day and the result wasn't pretty. And then I sprained my wrist the next day trying to flip over a football crossbar (), so I haven't been able to do much since.

I'd need a lot of red paint as well. :p: I'm sure there must be something cool and easy I can do, just can't think of anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    to flip over a football crossbar
    Please, go on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    ee yes cheerful is the new depressed i think, i'm aiming to stay cheerful forever. not that depression is necessarily a bad thing as it led me to you lot
    And we are a perpetual cure against depression, no ? Its a nice and sunny day today :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    Please, go on.
    To cut a long story short, despite my short stature I thought it would be a good idea. I jumped up, grabbed the crossbar with both hands, allowed my momentum to carry me forwards, and then chickened out when I was horizontal to the floor and ended up crashing to the floor rather horribly and landing on my wrist. Simples.

Good to see you around anyway, mate. How was your holiday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    To cut a long story short, despite my short stature I thought it would be a good idea. I jumped up, grabbed the crossbar with both hands, allowed my momentum to carry me forwards, and then chickened out when I was horizontal to the floor and ended up crashing to the floor rather horribly and landing on my wrist. Simples.

Good to see you around anyway, mate. How was your holiday?

We've all been there.

It was fantastic, thanks, from what I can remember. People are 10x nicer in europe than they are here.

3 days til I move in. :ninja: When do you descend on Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    The interviewers have not read your personal statement so be ready to discuss about what you have written.
    I read this in the 'what should you expect at medicine interview' wiki thread. So does this mean that they don't consider your PS in application process. Or does this mean that the interviewers aren't the same people as those that decide who gets an interview. The more I think about it I think it's probably the latter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    My pink license just came through the door :woo: Exciting
    Nice one! :five:

I failed my driving test today. 2 majors and 11 minors. Ouch. I failed within the first two minutes of the test too. There was a lorry obstructing oncoming traffic near the test centre's car park. I knew the hazard and I thought I was okay to edge forward since I couldn't see past the lorry. As I edged forward to exit the car park and take a left turn, a car arrived and had to slow down as I turned into the new road. I knew I failed at that point. The other major was a bit ridiculous though. As I was pulling out to do a reverse park, a car arrived behind me (after I had made all my observations) so I continued with the maneuver when I should have really slowed down and stopped to let the car pass by.

The next available test dates are in November. I am so gutted and disappointed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

I failed my driving test today. 2 majors and 11 minors. Ouch. I failed within the first two minutes of the test too. There was a lorry obstructing oncoming traffic near the test centre's car park. I knew the hazard and I thought I was okay to edge forward since I couldn't see past the lorry. As I edged forward to exit the car park and take a left turn, a car arrived and had to slow down as I turned into the new road. I knew I failed at that point. The other major was a bit ridiculous though. As I was pulling out to do a reverse park, a car arrived behind me (after I had made all my observations) so I continued with the maneuver when I should have really slowed down and stopped to let the car pass by.

:console:

you'll get there in the end! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OriginofSymmetry)
    We've all been there.

It was fantastic, thanks, from what I can remember. People are 10x nicer in europe than they are here.

3 days til I move in. :ninja: When do you descend on Oxford?
    Oh yes, I'm sure it's a very common occurrence. :p: In fact, I had to queue up just to have a go.

I imagine that would be a compliment, if this country didn't harbour some of the crappiest specimens in all of mankind. Where did you go again?

3 days! You must be excited, are you all prepared and ready for it?

I have to wait until the 5th of October until I depart, so almost a month still. That's probably a blessing though, as to say I was unprepared would be a bit of an understatement. I have some tantalising information at least in the form of my freshers' pack - I know what I'm doing on freshers' week, where I'm staying and who my tutors are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexis 123)
    I read this in the 'what should you expect at medicine interview' wiki thread. So does this mean that they don't consider your PS in application process. Or does this mean that the interviewers aren't the same people as those that decide who gets an interview. The more I think about it I think it's probably the latter.
    It depends entirely on the institution. At some places, the people interviewing you will neither know or care about your PS. At others, relevant sections of it will be highlighted and you will be probed on the minutiae of your phrasing.

Likewise, your PS holds no weight in some places, whereas in others it can be the most important aspect of your application. There is no standardised process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

ach. you'll be in london, albeit zone 3(or 2) but you'll be a poor student at uni. you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

Best of luck next time! :console:

ReputationRep:
    Parents have agreed to pay for freshers passport and ball :woo:

ReputationRep:
    It depends entirely on the institution. At some places, the people interviewing you will neither know or care about your PS. At others, relevant sections of it will be highlighted and you will be probed on the minutiae of your phrasing.

Likewise, your PS holds no weight in some places, whereas in others it can be the most important aspect of your application. There is no standardised process.
    cheers *winks* :blush:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)

Oh dear :hugs: Just sounds like bad luck to me, hope there aren't such idiots on the road for your next test But doesn't your driving instructor tell you what to do if a car approaches you during manoeuvres?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Parents have agreed to pay for freshers passport and ball :woo:
    lucky! mine paid for one of my events but i felt guilty asking for the others, so they'll come out of my overdraft or something
    my friend got her imperial accommodation-it's so lovely. i'm considering kicking her room mate out and sleeping there and just trudging to UCL early in the morning.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.