Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lotusx)
    lucky! mine paid for one of my events but i felt guilty asking for the others, so they'll come out of my overdraft or something
    my friend got her imperial accommodation-it's so lovely. i'm considering kicking her room mate out and sleeping there and just trudging to UCL early in the morning.
    I decided not to go to freshers , following money concerns, but I will go to freshers party that is exclusively for Chemists :cool: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Finally got through to Student Finance :woo:

Though why they can't have some English people working there is beyond me. It is called student finance ENGLAND after all :p:

But oh well, I found the chap's accent quite attractive :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I watch very few now. This summer I have just completely wasted really - haven't expanded my horizons, learnt anything new, earned any money - just hung around with my mates and filled my days very unproductively.

However, yesterday I sent back all my forms to Oxford (and man, there was a lot), and later on today I am going to apply for a provisional driving license - productivity is on the up!
    haha well that's only the summer for you, I've pretty much done nothing since like the beginning of the year :ninja: The only thing's I've actually done that is worthwhile this year is go to Mexico, Hong Kong and get into medical school :p:

You haven't got a provisional yet? :p: I got mine when I was 16 :laugh:

I wouldn't have thought it would be too easy, as it must be around 10 years old now. I had a quick look around though and there's some clips of it here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/1999/fe...rence.ukcrime8
    I'm sure if I looked hard enough I could find it...maybe...

In fairness to them I used to have a K800 and it was an awesome phone. But since then it's been all downhill.

I've never had a Samsung either, but I think they're worth a try. :p:
    I suppose it depends on what phone you pick, some of the SE phones sound pretty bad...

Is the Samsung worth it? :p:

I don't use other people's cameras, per se. :p: I just let them take pictures and then look at them later. :beard:
    Still sort of using them :p:

Yeah, all that Girls Aloud and Blue would be a right giveaway that the iPod was yours.
    :eek3: Lies :p:

If we're gonna go with cheesy bad music, we might as well go with S Club 7 :ninja: I remember those days... :p:

Crap, that reminded me. I need to get back in shape rather sharpish before Uni starts. I have let myself go considerably, and I hadn't realised it until I tried to race my mate's car the other day and the result wasn't pretty. And then I sprained my wrist the next day trying to flip over a football crossbar (), so I haven't been able to do much since.

I'd need a lot of red paint as well. :p: I'm sure there must be something cool and easy I can do, just can't think of anything.
    I keep wanting to get into shape, but I can never get motivated to do so :emo: Hopefully I'll find a gym buddy or something at uni :ninja:

Why on earth would you want to do a flip over a football crossbar? :laugh:

This is true... Maybe a fisherman (technically not under the sea but...still..) or a submarine man? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

OoooOOooo.. 10,000th post coming up soon, who is going to get it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chilledice)
    Hello everyone!

OoooOOooo.. 10,000th post coming up soon, who is going to get it?
    Howdy, how are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Oh dear :hugs: Just sounds like bad luck to me, hope there aren't such idiots on the road for your next test But doesn't your driving instructor tell you what to do if a car approaches you during manoeuvres?
    Well usually I would stop in order for them to get past me. However, today's side road was narrow and I had already started the manoeuvre before the car appeared in my rear view mirror. I accept that it was my fault for delaying the car but I didn't think it was serious? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Howdy, how are you doing?
    I'm doing rather dandy, thank you Applying to uni within the week, so its all very exciting! And I have my driving test in less than three weeks.. Not looking forward to that, I am not even close to good enough.

How are you, Citrus? Looking forward to uni?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing rather dandy, thank you Applying to uni within the week, so its all very exciting! And I have my driving test in less than three weeks.. Not looking forward to that, I am not even close to good enough.

I applied to uni pretty late, but this was only because I kept putting it off like I do with everything :p:

I'm pretty good thanks. I suppose i'm looking forward to uni, i'm not fussed tbh

ReputationRep:

which uni? :teeth: it was UCl, wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    which uni? :teeth: it was UCl, wasn't it?
    You wish, I am actually:

[Year of Entry] 2010

[1st Institution] Southampton

[2nd Institution] St. Andrews

[3rd Institution] Brighton and Sussex

[4th Institution] Hull York

[5th Choice if applicable] Radiography at Exeter

[GCSE Results] 1 A*, 5A, 3B, 3C

[AS Results] AABBCC (yeh, 6 AS's: Chem, H.Bio, Math Physics, Critical thinking and General studies!)

[A2 Results/Predictions] AAA (of course, in H.Bio, Chem and Maths)

[Work Experience/Voluntary]
    - 1 week with radiographer
    - Vol. at Local charities, including help the aged, and tutoring maths
    - work experience with doctor in local hopsital (tbc)

[UKCAT] Average of 703, lowest 630, highest 750
    [BMAT] N/A
    [Any other comments]

What a self absorbed first post, eh? Been lurking for a while though, and thought I'd join here and procrastinate for a while instead of focusing on my PS! I've mainly applied to uni's that have a strong focus on patient interaction from early on!

there, from the "medicine 2010 applicants" thread.. YEH!

So, no more imperials in this thread, sorry..

ReputationRep:
    You wish, I am actually:

Imperials went away :moon:
    Good luck with your application
    But why so critical of Imperial ?

ReputationRep:
    And I have my driving test in less than three weeks.. Not looking forward to that, I am not even close to good enough.
    Good luck with that! After today's driving test, I have grown to dislike driving. Nevertheless, this man still remains my inspiration:

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Well usually I would stop in order for them to get past me. However, today's side road was narrow and I had already started the manoeuvre before the car appeared in my rear view mirror. I accept that it was my fault for delaying the car but I didn't think it was serious? :dontknow:
    Yeah serious was a bit harsh. My instructor told me if someone came up behind me, to stop to see if they'd go round you, and if not first gear it and go back to your starting position. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Imperials went away :moon:
    Good luck with your application
    But why so critical of Imperial ?
    I came across as critical? I didn't mean to, to be honest, I think the standard of applicants to imperial is a fair bit better than I can compete with, I'd rather get into a less prestigious uni, than be rejected from a very prestigious uni.

And thanks, I hope I get in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by !MEna)
    Good luck with that! After today's driving test, I have grown to dislike driving. Nevertheless, this man still remains my inspiration:

:teeth:
    You're an excellent driver :p:

ReputationRep:
    x
    I approve of your choices :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I came across as critical? I didn't mean to, to be honest, I think the standard of applicants to imperial is a fair bit better than I can compete with, I'd rather get into a less prestigious uni, than be rejected from a very prestigious uni.

And thanks, I hope I get in.
    It was a joke Its just that you called them Gimperial yesterday :p: Or was in on monday?
    Im sure you will get in :top: though your thinking is very clever, besides, in medicine, prestige isnt as important

ReputationRep:
    It was a joke Its just that you called them Gimperial yesterday :p: Or was in on monday?
    Im sure you will get in :top: though your thinking is very clever, besides, in medicine, prestige isnt as important
    I think you have me confused with someone else! I stayed out of the imperial debate, I don't know enough about them to comment!

And you are right, prestige isn't important, I'll be over the moon with an offer from any of my choices :o:

ReputationRep:
    You wish, I am actually:

Have you ever been to Southampton? its an awful place, I became so sick of going to school there for 6 years.

ReputationRep:
    I think you have me confused with someone else! I stayed out of the imperial debate, I don't know enough about them to comment!

And you are right, prestige isn't important, I'll be over the moon with an offer from any of my choices :o:
    I might have confused you with someone else :o:
    I would have sold myself for a place in any med school :p: so I understand you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.