Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    18 months collecting. I had hundreds of 5p pieces. :awesome:
    bloody hell!!
    i wouldnt be able to not count and keep collecting for that long!

ReputationRep:
    I just counted up all the money in my change jar. I have £53! :woo:

I love anything that makes seemingly outlandish claims and is later vindicated, at least in part (it means I often overlook their other flaws :p:). Like 1984. And Vince Cable :ninja:

Never read Huxley though, I have to admit.
    Yeah, when people call things from a mile off and get them right! Such a good feeling when it happens to you.

I read Brave new world years ago and I very much enjoyed it, in fact, I believe it is time for a re-read.

BTW, Vince Cable?

ReputationRep:
    Tbf the first thread wasn't much better. There were no end of comments like "sorry, you're a chav", "try 4chan" being slung about.

They're both pretty poor. But then TSR's declined a hell of a lot recently.
    Ill admit I didnt read much of the first one, I just took it as ADREAM accepting everyone who asked as a joke.

TSR has always been a bit like this, but Ive found the backroom folk are increasingly being very judgemental and cliquey, being quite mean at times, aalong with a lot more trolls.

The Medicine Forum fort is being held up well by Hygeia though :yy:

ReputationRep:
    18 months collecting. I had hundreds of 5p pieces. :awesome:
    Your mission is now to try to use only change when shopping :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Expect some disgusted looks.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people use self-checkout and then proceed to use all of their change in a very slow manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I hate it when people use self-checkout and then proceed to use all of their change in a very slow manner.
    Or when they go to them with a trolley of shopping :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Yeah, when people call things from a mile off and get them right! Such a good feeling when it happens to you.

I read Brave new world years ago and I very much enjoyed it, in fact, I believe it is time for a re-read.

BTW, Vince Cable?
    I might check it out next time I fancy reading something different. Thanks for the tip. :yy:

Vince Cable is an MP for the Lib Dems, but I mentioned him because he predicted the recession and even tried to warn the Government about it and take steps to prevent it, and everyone ignored him. :p:

(Original post by FFCrusader)
    I got onto a bus the other day and gave the driver my £1.55 fare in 1p pieces. That'll teach the *******s for always giving me rubbish change! :proud:

(Original post by Degausser)
    Ill admit I didnt read much of the first one, I just took it as ADREAM accepting everyone who asked as a joke.

TSR has always been a bit like this, but Ive found the backroom folk are increasingly being very judgemental and cliquey, being quite mean at times, aalong with a lot more trolls.

The Medicine Forum fort is being held up well by Hygeia though :yy:
    It's more of a dearth of originality now. Every thread seems to just retread the same, boring material, and everywhere is either ridiculously cliquey or just full of arguments.

I can't say that I've particularly noticed a backroom crowd being any more judgmental than a lot of non-members, but then I don't tend to observe too closely. What does tend to happen though is that generally members get away with saying more because they have higher rep, and consequently some people are scared to disagree or argue with them.

Which is patently pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    True, I lost a tenner today using self-checkout... forgot to take my ten pound note which was dispensed below... came back literally 15 seconds later and it was gone :mad: :mad:

Completely my own fault.... but.... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Expect some disgusted looks.
    :getmecoat:

Admittedly I find this annoying but still :p:

I dislike self checkout when it keeps telling me to but something in the bag when I blatently have done so

I got onto a bus the other day and gave the driver my £1.55 fare in 1p pieces. That'll teach the *******s for always giving me rubbish change! :proud:
    :five:

I don't remember the last time I've been on a bus :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    True, I lost a tenner today using self-checkout... forgot to take my ten pound note which was dispensed below... came back literally 15 seconds later and it was gone :mad: :mad:

Completely my own fault.... but.... :p:
    :console:

It isn't in the more obviously of places to check really :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I tried the opposite in fact. I gave a 20 pound note for a 2 pound fare, for which he didn't have change.

...I walked

ReputationRep:
    But that is sooooo much fun :p:

Plus the store I go to pretty much no one else uses the self checkout so no queues :p:

ReputationRep:
    Vince Cable is an MP for the Lib Dems, but I mentioned him because he predicted the recession and even tried to warn the Government about it and take steps to prevent it, and everyone ignored him. :p:
    Everyone always ignores the Lib Dems :p:

ReputationRep:
    Everyone always ignores the Lib Dems :p:
    That's a little unfair....

They get far more attention then LPUK or any other parties beyond Conservative, Labour and BNP :p:

BTW, Vince Cable?
    I just bought BNW and is next on my list to read affter I finish the series I am reading (on 3/5)

ReputationRep:
    I just owned my dad on wii tennis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    That's a little unfair....

They get far more attention then LPUK or any other parties beyond Conservative, Labour and BNP :p:
    Nobody took Charles Kennedy seriously because he was both Scottish and a ginger... nah, only joking - though gingers are becoming a rare breed now actually :p: Somebody should start a "shag-a-ginger" campaign :p:

Though seriously, the Lib Dems aren't taken too seriously, especially for the European Elections - not helped by the fact that one of their top candidates in East of England is a genocide denier. Plus, their call for PR just won't work - it'll create a far greater gang-like mentality in politics which makes me feel ashamed of the political system in this country.

However, I will continue to vote for them... or Labour...

ReputationRep:
    Nobody took Charles Kennedy seriously because he was both Scottish and a ginger... nah, only joking - though gingers are becoming a rare breed now actually :p: Somebody should start a "shag-a-ginger" campaign :p:

Though seriously, the Lib Dems aren't taken too seriously, especially for the European Elections - not helped by the fact that one of their top candidates in East of England is a genocide denier. Plus, their call for PR just won't work - it'll create a far greater gang-like mentality in politics which makes me feel ashamed of the political system in this country.

However, I will continue to vote for them... or Labour...
    I suppose, but then they are the third party really, as for EU UKIP hoovers up alot of votes from other parties.
    FPTP also doesnt help them as an electoral method too.

As for how I will vote....EU was UKIP and for a GE not sure, will either be Con or LPUK (I am aware this is somewhat of a throwaway vote :p:)

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Thats going in the sig :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)

I just bought BNW and is next on my list to read affter I finish the series I am reading (on 3/5)
    Hitchhiker's guide?

:awesome:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.