Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    That didn't go well :no: 1hr 45 til the second part... it will need to be good to make up for this morning's disaster! Why did I not think the ****ing Kreb's cycle (which I last did 4 years ago) would come up :rolleyes: Stupid questions.

ReputationRep:
    YESSSSSS ENGLAND :woo:

ReputationRep:
    The fitness regime started today. :awesome:

(Original post by Hygeia)
    That didn't go well :no: 1hr 45 til the second part... it will need to be good to make up for this morning's disaster! Why did I not think the ****ing Kreb's cycle (which I last did 4 years ago) would come up :rolleyes: Stupid questions.
    I'm sure it went better than you thought it did. :hugs: And don't worry about it now - just focus on the next part and do your best. You can worry later! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    The fitness regime started today. :awesome:
    :five:

What's the plan of action?

I was going to go cycling every day, but after the first couple of weeks it's done nothing but rain, unless I've been going out doing something else, then it decides it will be perfect cycling weather. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck. I'm sure you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)

I was going to go cycling every day, but after the first couple of weeks it's done nothing but rain, unless I've been going out doing something else, then it decides it will be perfect cycling weather. :emo:
    Well I decided to start off basic, since I haven't done much exercise and don't want to overload it.

So this week I'm just going to do some morning exercises - skipping, press ups, sit ups etc. I'll probably play football at some point as well.

Then next week I'll start to build in a run as well in the mornings, gradually increasing the distance.

Then the week after that I'm going to London, so I'm looking forward to going for a run through all the lovely parks. :awesome:

After that I'm not sure. I might go swimming, but that costs which puts me off (something like £1.50 every time I go). :p: And my bike's knackered. So I'll probably just stick to running and exercises, just varying things like the type I do and the route I take so I don't get bored.

ReputationRep:
    Well I decided to start off basic, since I haven't done much exercise and don't want to overload it.

So this week I'm just going to do some morning exercises - skipping, press ups, sit ups etc. I'll probably play football at some point as well.

Then next week I'll start to build in a run as well in the mornings, gradually increasing the distance.

Then the week after that I'm going to London, so I'm looking forward to going for a run through all the lovely parks. :awesome:

After that I'm not sure. I might go swimming, but that costs which puts me off (something like £1.50 every time I go). :p: And my bike's knackered. So I'll probably just stick to running and exercises, just varying things like the type I do and the route I take so I don't get bored.
    That sounds good, I probably wouldn't have the patience to keep up with all that.

The cost of swimming baths always pisses me off. I'm supposed to go so I don't drown if I fall in during rowing, but I don't because there's always something else to spend my money on than splashing around in chlorine. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    ive done it before! it is an easy mistake if you're a bit distracted!
    in my case the tesco lady manning the self checkouts noticed straight away and gave me it
    It happened to the person before me at the Sainsbury's self-checkout; seeing as the annoying female voice kicks in just as the money comes out...there's no excuse :p:

(Original post by beccy.)
    YESSSSSS ENGLAND :woo:

Flintoff has hardly been spoken of all series and now he's the talk of the town. Needless to say the papers will have his picture tommorow and accredit him with the win :p:

My dad really thought the aussis had a shot at the close of play yesterday with Haddin and Clark's partnership and tbh they did come uncomfortably close :rolleyes:

Pancakes everyday followed by ice cream and lot's of it

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug:

but now it's over

ReputationRep:
    That sounds good, I probably wouldn't have the patience to keep up with all that.

The cost of swimming baths always pisses me off. I'm supposed to go so I don't drown if I fall in during rowing, but I don't because there's always something else to spend my money on than splashing around in chlorine. :yes:
    It's not really that much, just 15 minutes when I get up in the morning so far. Plus running is fun, so long as you have an iPod with some good upbeat music on it.

And precisely - I have better things to do with money than spend it on a body of water. I wish I a) lived near a lake/sea or b) was so rich I had a pool in my garden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    Flintoff has hardly been spoken of all series and now he's the talk of the town. Needless to say the papers will have his picture tommorow and accredit him with the win :p:

My dad really thought the aussis had a shot at the close of play yesterday with Haddin and Clark's partnership and tbh they did come uncomfortably close :rolleyes:
    Don'chaknow? He's the best thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

It was mad not making the Aussies carry on batting when we had the chance.

ReputationRep:
    Don'chaknow? He's the best thing since sliced bread. :rolleyes:

It was mad not making the Aussies carry on batting when we had the chance.
    Could not agree more. :rolleyes:

In the end they only lost by 115, had the overnight pair hung on a little longer today it could very well be a different story. Add to the fact the debatable decisions yesterday morning (though this is cricket :p:) and the insanity of not enforcing the follow on - this victory is no where near as clear cut as the press will make it seem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asclepius)
    That's the thing I guess, it was just far too convenient that it was Hushovd that was there :p:
    This interview, given how the day ended before the disqualification, said it all :p:

ReputationRep:
    Could not agree more. :rolleyes:

In the end they only lost by 115, had the overnight pair hung on a little longer today it could very well be a different story. Add to the fact the debatable decisions yesterday morning (though this is cricket :p:) and the insanity of not enforcing the follow on - this victory is no where near as clear cut as the press will make it seem.
    :hifive:

It makes no sense not to. Enforce the follow on, and you are in the driving seat. When it gets to the final innings, you'll know exactly how many you have to hit, and can go on and get them. The other way around, you're constantly trying to guess what the right amount to declare on is. Too low and you could lose it completely, and too high and you won't have enough time to get them out.

Utterly ridiculous. (That should be the slogan of the ECB :teeth:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    This doesn't sound like Jonny. :dontknow:
    I believe it's a 1 to 1 tutorial he run's from his house :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I believe it's a 1 to 1 tutorial he run's from his house :teeth:
    Ahhh, "tutorial", is that what he's calling it these days? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Ahhh, "tutorial", is that what he's calling it these days? :p:
    'Mugging' didn't have a particularly welcoming ring to it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this thread anymore, but hello again. You may call me the bogmonster, as I'm currently pretty much head to toe in mud after cycling on a very muddy canal bank.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, fitness regime, I should probably get on of those....

As predicted shopping just turned into me buying a few items from primark and my brother having to borrow money off me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not entirely sure what's going on in this thread anymore, but hello again. You may call me the bogmonster, as I'm currently pretty much head to toe in mud after cycling on a very muddy canal bank.
    :hi:

I haven't been cycling in aaaages - fortunately :p:

Good day then?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.