Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Medics (and applicants) general chat thread Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Not bad, not bad. Although my shift patterns are really starting to grate at my nipples. How's your things?
    Yeah, things are pretty good thanks :yep:

At the mo i'm trying to play Metal Gear Solid on psp - probably the most complicated game i've ever played :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Yeah, things are pretty good thanks :yep:

At the mo i'm trying to play Metal Gear Solid on psp - probably the most complicated game i've ever played :sadnod:
    I've never actually played any MGS (Splinter Cell and Xbox ftw!). I'm slowly trundling through Fable 2 and GTA on the DS at the moment, definitely not the most complicated games ever, but awesome.

ReputationRep:
    I've never actually played any MGS (Splinter Cell and Xbox ftw!). I'm slowly trundling through Fable 2 and GTA on the DS at the moment, definitely not the most complicated games ever, but awesome.
    Ah, so splinter cell is basically the x-box version of MGS?

I've been through both GTAs on psp plus a few other driving games - I found myself in Game today so bought MGS cheaply - hadn't bought a game for psp in aaages

ReputationRep:
    Ah, so splinter cell is basically the x-box version of MGS?

I've been through both GTAs on psp plus a few other driving games - I found myself in Game today so bought MGS cheaply - hadn't bought a game for psp in aaages
    Nah, it's pretty different as far as I'm aware, but still a stealth-a-thon sortathang. I haven't bought a new 360 game in a while either, everything seems to pale in comparison to when Fallout 3/Fable 2/GoW2 were released.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's pretty different as far as I'm aware, but still a stealth-a-thon sortathang. I haven't bought a new 360 game in a while either, everything seems to pale in comparison to when Fallout 3/Fable 2/GoW2 were released.
    I've got a PS3 as well, but tbh I just let my brother buy the games and then play on those :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've got a PS3 as well, but tbh I just let my brother buy the games and then play on those :p:
    The best way to do it. My brother buys loadsa 360 games, although I only seem to get round to properly playing a few of them.

ReputationRep:
    The best way to do it. My brother buys loadsa 360 games, although I only seem to get round to properly playing a few of them.
    Some of the games he buys I really don't like - such as Skate/Skate 2. But others he gets like Gran Turismo I spend alot of time playing. He also gets the Call of Duty's on the release date which is good :top:

ReputationRep:
    Some of the games he buys I really don't like - such as Skate/Skate 2. But others he gets like Gran Turismo I spend alot of time playing. He also gets the Call of Duty's on the release date which is good :top:
    I've only played the demo of Skate, thought it was pretty nifty. But I'm a Tony Hawk's gamer through and through. Project Gotham Racing 4 > any other racing game in my opinion.

And Call of Duty = <3

ReputationRep:
    I've only played the demo of Skate, thought it was pretty nifty. But I'm a Tony Hawk's gamer through and through. Project Gotham Racing 4 > any other racing game in my opinion.

And Call of Duty = <3
    I used to play Tony Hawk's alot, so getting used to the Skate controls was something I couldn't be bothered to do.

For absolute realism, I prefer GranTurismo to PGR, but they're pretty similar really :p:

And yeah, you can't really beat Call of Duty - COD4 was better than World at War imo

ReputationRep:
    I used to play Tony Hawk's alot, so getting used to the Skate controls was something I couldn't be bothered to do.

For absolute realism, I prefer GranTurismo to PGR, but they're pretty similar really :p:

And yeah, you can't really beat Call of Duty - COD4 was better than World at War imo
    That's why I never bothered to get Skate really. And yes, COD4 was definitely the Daddy, I've played silly amounts of that game. Here's hoping the next Modern Warfare's even better, but it's got a lot to live up to indeed.

Still I'm a Halo boy at heart.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I never bothered to get Skate really. And yes, COD4 was definitely the Daddy, I've played silly amounts of that game. Here's hoping the next Modern Warfare's even better, but it's got a lot to live up to indeed.

Still I'm a Halo boy at heart.
    I've played Halo at friends' houses, but tbh I never really got the appeal. To me it is unrealistic and bloody difficult. I suppose I never played it for a long enough period of time so never got good at it - consequently I never really like it

ReputationRep:
    I've played Halo at friends' houses, but tbh I never really got the appeal. To me it is unrealistic and bloody difficult. I suppose I never played it for a long enough period of time so never got good at it - consequently I never really like it
    Each to their own I suppose. It's the way it plays, and all the neat little touches that make it for me. But as a PS3 player, you are rather morally obliged to not like it :p:

To be honest though, the best game ever is actually Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast. Or a Zelda game. Geek convo ftw!

ReputationRep:
    oh dear - game talk.
    what is it with you boys?
    its either cars, bikes or games.
    or its DODGY.
    or a combination of the above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    oh dear - game talk.
    or its DODGY.
    Are you stating a problem or a fact?

Awesome car with sexy ladies gaming inside ftw!

ReputationRep:
    Each to their own I suppose. It's the way it plays, and all the neat little touches that make it for me. But as a PS3 player, you are rather morally obliged to not like it :p:

To be honest though, the best game ever is actually Jet Set Radio on the Dreamcast. Or a Zelda game. Geek convo ftw!
    Neat little touches? the fact that it's impossible and has crap controls?

And the best game ever is Pokemon Red for gameboy :yep:

oh dear - game talk.
    or its DODGY.
    A) as if i'd ever talk about bikes :hmmm:

B) Dodgy? moi?:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Neat little touches? the fact that it's impossible and has crap controls?

And the best game ever is Pokemon Red for gameboy :yep:
    :mad:

And Pokémon RED?!?!

Blue was clearly the best.

ReputationRep:
    Are you stating a problem or a fact?

Awesome car with sexy ladies gaming inside ftw!
    a fact
    which isn't much of a problem reallllyy

ReputationRep:
    a fact
    which isn't much of a problem reallllyy
    Awesome.

So, what's the best game ever?

ReputationRep:
    :mad:

And Pokémon RED?!?!

Blue was clearly the best.
    Now i'm sorry, but even by looking at the cover we can clearly see which version is better. Red had CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: Blue had blastoise :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    Now i'm sorry, but even by looking at the cover we can clearly see which version is better. Red had CHARIZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: Blue had blastoise :yawn:
    Tbh this matter shouldn't even be open for discussion. I had a level 100 Blastoise <3

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.