Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Woah, obviously the wrong place to talk about this...
    Not really, I don't judge :p: though I do wonder what your reasons for wanting to start are. Usually, people start smoking then can't stop, rather than plan it :p:

ReputationRep:
    i personally think people who surely know the risks and arent smokers at the minute but think and plan to become smokers are stupid.
    i could understand maybe a couple of cheeky **** when youre drunk, but actually saying 'no i dont smoke and have never tried it but think i will become a smoker' is ridiculous. just dont ever try it, problem solved.

edit - i know this is very judging but its my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    A) a long life doesn't interest me, a happy one does
    B) would give me something to do
    C) I actually like the smell
    D) I could collect lighters
    E) it would surprise my friends - surprise is good :yep:
    F) the risk is what makes it fun :woo:

You won't be happy when you can't climb the stairs without gettng breathless, or when you are getting older and less mobile and realise that theres loads of other things on earth that you would like to do but can't because you decided to go for a smoke...

/rant.

I apologise.

ReputationRep:

oh and G) smokers are far more interesting people than non-smokers in general
    those are all stupid reasons and G is a lie.
    if you wanna collect lighters become a chemistry teacher. or just collect lighters. you dont need to smoke.
    and there are other ways you could surprise your friends.

ReputationRep:

As long as you know the consequences (just remember it's not just about you - smoking tore my family apart) then fair enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    You won't be happy when you can't climb the stairs without gettng breathless, or when you are getting older and less mobile and realise that theres loads of other things on earth that you would like to do but can't because you decided to go for a smoke...

/rant.

I apologise.
    A) that's me already, i'm the most unfit person on the planet - though weirdly i'm pretty thin :woo:

B) i'll have done bungee jumping and all that before i'm old - and actually i'm not all that keen in getting old

ReputationRep:
    A) that's me already, i'm the most unfit person on the planet - though weirdly i'm pretty thin :woo:

B) i'll have done bungee jumping and all that before i'm old - and actually i'm not all that keen in getting old
    act. Its your choice if I dont understand it thats fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    those are all stupid reasons and G is a lie.
    if you wanna collect lighters become a chemistry teacher. or just collect lighters. you dont need to smoke.
    and there are other ways you could surprise your friends.
    point A) you're probably right, but i'm a child in a 18 year olds body, and those reasons seem pretty logical to me

point B) don't want to be a chemistry teacher, and I don't want to collect lighters if they're not used

point C) i'm sure I could think of another way to surprise them if I put my mind to it

ReputationRep:

To be honest mate it sounds like you're just trying to prove a point, strange reasons indeed. Just an observation before you do anything you may regret later on as the folly of youth.

ReputationRep:
    This is getting messy....

ReputationRep:

It makes me sad that you think that smoking = a happy life. Plus G is absolute ******** - that sounds harsh but I see no reason for why non-smokers should be far less interesting than smokers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    You fool! You didn't have tissues ready?

ReputationRep:
    What most people dont understand is how painfully they die from smoking related causes.

Try getting PVD, followed by an amputation, and then die from a pulmonary embolism? It's not a nice way to die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)

yup. :redface: what do we expect tbh?

ReputationRep:
    You fool! You didn't have tissues ready?
    Beer bottle in other hand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    What most people dont understand is how painfully they die from smoking related causes.

Try getting PVD, followed by an amputation, and then die from a pulmonary embolism? It's not a nice way to die.
    Or on the other hand, I may, like my gran, still be alive at 89 years old and mentally at least, completely fine - that's the risk

ReputationRep:
    point A) you're probably right, but i'm a child in a 18 year olds body, and those reasons seem pretty logical to me

point B) don't want to be a chemistry teacher, and I don't want to collect lighters if they're not used

point C) i'm sure I could think of another way to surprise them if I put my mind to it
    seriously slowly losing all respect for you if you're going to smoke for those reasons.
    its a disgusting horrible habit and you arent even addicted. you're making a conscious decision.
    do you think all the people with COPD or with 40-a-day habits who are constantly trying and failing to give up dont sit and wish theyd never become addicted in the first place? obv not all of them do, but im willing to bet most have thought it at least once.
    dont ruin your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    yup. :redface: what do we expect tbh?
    Maybe.

My view on this is it is an individual choice and it is not my place to judge.
    I take the same view with pretty much anything

ReputationRep:
    Or on the other hand, I may, like my gran, still be alive at 89 years old and mentally at least, completely fine - that's the risk
    I like risks, like the other day I shot up some heroin cos there was only a risk of me overdosing and dying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccy.)
    seriously slowly losing all respect for you if you're going to smoke for those reasons.
    its a disgusting horrible habit and you arent even addicted. you're making a conscious decision.
    do you think all the people with COPD or with 40-a-day habits who are constantly trying and failing to give up dont sit and wish theyd never become addicted in the first place? obv not all of them do, but im willing to bet most have thought it at least once.
    dont ruin your life.
    Is it really that big a deal?

It doesn't change who I am

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.