Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    They can think what they like, so long as they don't say anything :p:
    Well, naturally that's how it goes in practice :p:

Quite interesting how much this smoking thing has sparked up (see what I did there? lolol). Personally, I think smoking's all a bit daft, and definitely not worth the risks, but many people I'd call friends are smokers, and I wouldn't want to preach about their lifestyle habits. Like many people have for me going in moshpits and growing my hair long :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    But, you don't look up to them because they smoke, right?

There are so many other things you could do to fulfil all those things, without the health effects and probably without the continuous expense. Don't take the posts on this thread as an offense because we're not trying to make you look bad because of it, just pointing out how much more a healthy life can be worth, and how much more you could do with your life and your money.
    No it isn't because they smoke, that is just a pattern i've noticed

Other things like what? I really don't see any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)

Quite interesting how much this smoking thing has sparked up (see what I did there? lolol). Personally, I think smoking's all a bit daft, and definitely not worth the risks, but many people I'd call friends are smokers, and I wouldn't want to preach about their lifestyle habits. Like many people have for me going in moshpits and growing my hair long :p:
    But going in a moshpit and growing your hair long doesn't usually result in decreased lung capacity :p:

ReputationRep:

yes it is interesting, seems to be nocf Vs everyone else :p:

Same I don't want to preach to anyone, and expect the same courtesy to me :p:

ReputationRep:

But you growing your hair long etc doesn't effect us

Smoking costs the NHS nearly 5bn pounds a year!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    No it isn't because they smoke, that is just a pattern i've noticed

Other things like what? I really don't see any
    Im just going to go ahead and recite a bit of A level science.

Correllation does not imply causation.

ReputationRep:
    yes it is interesting, seems to be nocf Vs everyone else :p:

Same I don't want to preach to anyone, and expect the same courtesy to me :p:
    When you start talkng to patients you're gonna have to say "here this smoking is a bad idea, honestly how many a day?"

It's uncomfortable for both you and the patient but it's gotta be done lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)

Which smokers more than pay back in duty.
    The government profits from smokers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    When you start talkng to patients you're gonna have to say "here this smoking is a bad idea, honestly how many a day?"

It's uncomfortable for both you and the patient but it's gotta be done lol
    I know I know.

same goes for drink etc

ReputationRep:
    But going in a moshpit and growing your hair long doesn't usually result in decreased lung capacity :p:
    true, but you'd look stupid

ReputationRep:
    This can was like a tardis :zomg:

So, so many worms...

ReputationRep:
    I've seen this argument loads on TSR. What I'd really like to see is how much the government gets in tax from smokers, and how much smokers cost the NHS directly and indirectly (effects of passive smoking, smoking during pregnancy etc), just think it'd be interesting to see if it is true and if so just how much of a difference there is - cold, hard numbers. There are lies, damn lies, and then there are statistics :p:

ReputationRep:
    this, though i'll get them duty free :yep:

ReputationRep:
    After those pits during Slipknot at Download, I beg to differ :p:

(Original post by fatal)

Well, if I cook a curry, and a hair falls in it, then it could affect those eating it!

Yes, of course it's not the same thing, but people do preach to me about it. Viva la Revolucion! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I've seen this argument loads on TSR. What I'd really like to see is how much the government gets in tax from smokers, and how much smokers cost the NHS directly and indirectly (effects of passive smoking, smoking during pregnancy etc), just think it'd be interesting to see if it is true and if so just how much of a difference there is.
    now i'm sorry, but passive smoking is just a load of crap - and if you smoke when pregnant then you're a nitwit, anyway that's unlikely to be a problem for me i'm thinking

ReputationRep:
    does anyone like hot chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    does anyone like hot chocolate?
    Meeee - I was craving it earlier :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to make it clear that I am listening to all your arguments :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    true, but you'd look stupid
    I make it look good :cool:

ReputationRep:
    now i'm sorry, but passive smoking is just a load of crap - and if you smoke when pregnant then you're a nitwit, anyway that's unlikely to be a problem for me i'm thinking
    There are plenty of nitwits out there, and even if its not going to be a problem for you personally it does cost the NHS.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.