The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

scaryhair
Cocaine in absinthe? :lolwut:

That's what I thought. But apparently it was a special kind, and it did blow my mind a bit, so who knows?

I'm certainly not in a rush to try it again though. :p: I'll stick with Tequila. :cool:
crazylemon
Ok, in that case I don't think smoking isn't worth it, a lot of extra risk for very little benefit.

That'll do the trick :p:
terpineol
ADREAM died?

Alas! King of appropriately timed interjections!
jonnyofengland
Such a load of ********. Steroids do way more damage than alcohol, and a hell of a lot faster. And if you're the type of person to take them, you're also the type of person that couldn't give them up easily.

I agree particularly wrt the second graph thingy very dubious and no source whatsoever.
The above one I know of, it was produced on a horizon episode, though how expert the experts are I don't know.
I did only post them more as an accademic matter rather than for anything else :p:

Jessaay!
That means almost nothing to me :eyeball: it looks ridiculously confusing and the way it's set out looks kind of biased :p: but the way I see it, alcohol is usually consumed in such a way that it's not usually to damaging levels. Also, there are more people who drink alcohol than smoke I imagine now, so there will be more deaths, but I don't have any statistical evidence for that. Among the younger generation that is true, at least.

See above
Reply 1584
scaryhair
Cocaine in absinthe? :lolwut:

that sounds roughhh...

BTW Those statistics look interesting, don't recognise the sources but of course its the internet.
crazylemon
Ok, in that case I don't think smoking isn't worth it, a lot of extra risk for very little benefit.

yes, but, but...
oh it doesn't matter
terpineol
ADREAM died?

:littleangel:
jonnyofengland
That's what I thought. But apparently it was a special kind, and it did blow my mind a bit, so who knows?

I'm certainly not in a rush to try it again though. :p: I'll stick with Tequila. :cool:

Never had Tequila :frown:
I'll just stick with my one glass for the night of Malibu and pineapple juice that gets me chattering about anything and everything and finding the simplest of things, such as a lampost or a man walking his dog, hilarious. :redface:
Degausser
That'll do the trick :p:

I see know need to dress it up anymore than that, but I can work quite happily with just numbers and probabilities :dontknow:
Jessaay!
Alas! King of appropriately timed interjections!

I do hope he is well.

I have met the requests of a PM or two and responded to that 'why do you regret doing medicine' if anyone could check it for me and see if I have forgotten anything.

Hope all are well, and in good health.
fatal
that sounds roughhh...

BTW Those statistics look interesting, don't recognise the sources but of course its the internet.

As I said interesting, not necessarily of merit :p:
normalothercitrusfruit
yes, but, but...
oh it doesn't matter

no go on
terpineol
I do hope he is well.

I have met the requests of a PM or two and responded to that 'why do you regret doing medicine' if anyone could check it for me and see if I have forgotten anything.

Hope all are well, and in good health.

Aww you sound like Christmas :santa3:
Reply 1593
crazylemon
As I said interesting, not necessarily of merit :p:

Well I think the gist is that neither is good for you. Water and fresh air is the way to go.

BUT we are students and our livers can (sort of) metabolise alcohol the overall solution is obvious...

Lets have a pint.:yes:
jonnyofengland
:littleangel:

Ah, fair call.
fatal
Well I think the gist is that neither is good for you. Water and fresh air is the way to go.

BUT we are students and our livers can (sort of) metabolise alcohol the overall solution is obvious...

:cheers:
scaryhair
Aww you sound like Christmas :santa3:

Hohoho...
crazylemon
I agree particularly wrt the second graph thingy very dubious and no source whatsoever.
The above one I know of, it was produced on a horizon episode, though how expert the experts are I don't know.
I did only post them more as an accademic matter rather than for anything else :p:

Didn't mean to go on a rant, it's just that I despise anabolic steroids and those who take them. It's an utterly pathetic thing to do.

scaryhair
Never had Tequila :frown:
I'll just stick with my one glass for the night of Malibu and pineapple juice that gets me chattering about anything and everything and finding the simplest of things, such as a lampost or a man walking his dog, hilarious. :redface:

You haven't live until you've had Tequila. :p:
crazylemon
no go on

You're just not being very personal about it, but it doesn't matter, i'm being a **** as usual and reading into things, which isn't fair on you - i'm sorry
fatal

Yes but everything is a risk factor really, I up my rads unecessarily by living in cornwall, but don't have city smog to deal with which also has negative affects.
Everything you do has risks, you have to decide wheter to take them or not.
:cheers:

Latest

Trending

Trending