Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    It is different. How I treat this sort of situation doesn't change though.
    It is just me I guess, I am very odd when it comes to this sort of thing.
    Well i'm glad it's different at least - sadly it has no hope of being better while I keep having moments like this :sad:

I guess I understand what you're saying, but it isn't about having a "right", oh i'm wasting my time here (no offence)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Well i'm glad it's different at least - sadly it has no hope of being better while I keep having moments like this :sad:

I guess I understand what you're saying, but it isn't about having a "right", oh i'm wasting my time here (no offence)
    You are wasting you time I am afraid and now I need to get some sleep.

good night :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    You are wasting you time I am afraid and now I need to get some sleep.

good night :moon:
    i'm sorry mate but I ain't going to drop this until you at least see where i'm coming from.

But night

p.s. if wasting your time also refers to the first bit then that would reaaaaly upset me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Blatant 'chirpse' going on between lemon and nocf

(Of course, I haven't actually read the convo - it was too long :p:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I always quite fancied owning a pipe, so that when I come home in my Saville Row suit, I can puff it intelligently while my Butler reads out the headlines of the daily papers.

However, it'd be much more my style if I used bubbles instead of tobacco.
    Having adjusted my monocle so I can read my pocket watch, I'd light up my cuban cigar whilst Godfrey informs me of how my shares have fared for the day. Nodding and umm-ing knowingly all the while.

My wife, having already put the children to bed, shall then bring my warmed slippers from by the open wood burner. Snuggly nustled into my chesterfield with the decanter at hand, I shall then proceed to drink the night away :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Blatant 'chirpse' going on between lemon and nocf

(Of course, I haven't actually read the convo - it was too long :p:)
    For the first time ever really, I seriously disagree with him and am disappointed he can't see that he's wrong for once - and actually, it'd be nice if I didn't have to go all apologetic on him for a change

ReputationRep:
    For the first time ever really, I seriously disagree with him and am disappointed he can't see that he's wrong for once - and actually, it'd be nice if I didn't have to go all apologetic on him for a change
    It just strikes me that he's tried very hard to prove that he doesn't care tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have absolutely no clue what this is about - what page does this start on :p:? What is this over?? Do I even want to know? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    It just strikes me that he's tried very hard to prove that he doesn't care tonight.
    I don't want to fall out with him, but I have to agree i'm afraid :sad:

I'm pretty sure that's not what he means, but since he knows me so well, and knows the significance I put on things like this, it'd be nice if he just took on board what i've said :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have absolutely no clue what this is about - what page does this start on :p:? What is this over?? Do I even want to know? :p:
    starts about page 80 I think, read if you like :p:

ReputationRep:
    starts about page 80 I think, read if you like :p:
    Just did and I'm still confused what the whole thing is over, to be honest :p: Something about smoking or steroids? Maybe I'm not reading it carefully enough. Hope you two sort it out anyway, whatever it is.

ReputationRep:
    People should not webcam when they're angry. I have someone screaming over the phone to someone else whilst on webcam :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    Just did and I'm still confused what the whole thing is over, to be honest :p: Something about smoking or steroids? Maybe I'm not reading it carefully enough. Hope you two sort it out anyway, whatever it is.
    It's the fact that he refused to show emotion even when a friend was thinking of starting a habit which could potentially harm him.

We'll sort it, i'll apologise tomorrow most likely :sad:

ReputationRep:
    It's the fact that he refused to show emotion even when a friend was thinking of starting a habit which could potentially harm him.

We'll sort it, i'll apologise tomorrow most likely :sad:
    Whilst he acted all indifferent about it, I'm sure he cared in reality. I can bet that if you decided not to take it up, he'd be extremely relieved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Whilst he acted all indifferent about it, I'm sure he cared in reality. I can bet that if you decided not to take it up, he'd be extremely relieved.
    You may be right, but he surely could see that it was causing me angst, the way he was putting it, and should have just tried wording it differently rather than refusing to budge on something he is wrong about

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what! nocf was considering taking up smoking?? or steroids?? Or am I jumping up the wrong tree here.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, what! nocf was considering taking up smoking?? or steroids?? Or am I jumping up the wrong tree here.
    nah not steroids (and thanks for an emotional response!)

Night all :moon:

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of drama going on tonight it seems :p: Lemon + Citrus, you'll sort it out.
    I'm really hoping my friend is ok, he doesn't look it, but I can't interject at all so there's nothing I can do about it. He doesn't cry but he doesn't ever look this angry and he looks like he's about to cry. I have a feeling I know what it's about but then I can't intrude.

ReputationRep:
    On a slightly separate note to all this arguing...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=975506

Anything you can say will help, I'm going through a nutty indecisive phase and any comments will help! hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    On a slightly separate note to all this arguing...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=975506

Anything you can say will help, I'm going through a nutty indecisive phase and any comments will help! hehe
    Well aren't you attention seeking eh?

Basically you can do it if you want. There is a guy in my year who only realised two weeks prior to the closing date and if he can do it anyone can. After a quick glance at your post, UKCAT needs no prep. Everyone knows that. You still have nearly three months. See how the results go. get some voluntary work experience anywhere you can.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.