Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well this thread turned all serious tonight :indiff:

Why I sat here reading it at 2 in the morning I have no idea :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    It just strikes me that he's tried very hard to prove that he doesn't care tonight.
    I think he does care, its just a protection mechanism. Not saying that justifies it though.
    Normalothercitrusfruit, I think you guys should probably talk about this on your own - it seems to be getting a bit personal and you might get further if you're not posting your conversation on a public forum. I hope it all works out - I feel kind of guilty for being the one who started all this by complaining about how I sound like a chain smoker who's taken a cheese grater to their throat at the moment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Well aren't you attention seeking eh?

Basically you can do it if you want. There is a guy in my year who only realised two weeks prior to the closing date and if he can do it anyone can. After a quick glance at your post, UKCAT needs no prep. Everyone knows that. You still have nearly three months. See how the results go. get some voluntary work experience anywhere you can.
    Yeah I am I guess, just really felt like I needed some advice.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    Yeah I am I guess, just really felt like I needed some advice.

Cheers.
    When she says the UKCAT needs no preparation that doesn't necessarily mean preparation wouldn't be worthwhile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Basically you can do it if you want. There is a guy in my year who only realised two weeks prior to the closing date and if he can do it anyone can.
    Did he get in? Out of curiosity hehe

Or rather, how did he do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Big as I don't doubt it is, i'm pretty sure it won't reach me in Norfolk :p:
    Are you on holiday here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    I think he does care, its just a protection mechanism. Not saying that justifies it though.
    Normalothercitrusfruit, I think you guys should probably talk about this on your own - it seems to be getting a bit personal and you might get further if you're not posting your conversation on a public forum. I hope it all works out - I feel kind of guilty for being the one who started all this by complaining about how I sound like a chain smoker who's taken a cheese grater to their throat at the moment
    It's just that sometimes the way he acts confuses and annoys me :sadnod:

And don't feel guilty, is really not your fault! We'll sort it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kelly^2)
    Are you on holiday here?
    Yep, until saturday :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I think I might suck on an ice cube, numb it a bit :awesome:

Haha that pic is awesome!
    Hot milk and honey always help me. never tried an ice cube in that case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyferret)
    Having adjusted my monocle so I can read my pocket watch, I'd light up my cuban cigar whilst Godfrey informs me of how my shares have fared for the day. Nodding and umm-ing knowingly all the while.

My wife, having already put the children to bed, shall then bring my warmed slippers from by the open wood burner. Snuggly nustled into my chesterfield with the decanter at hand, I shall then proceed to drink the night away :holmes:
    Wife?!? I shall live alone with my butler, and during one rash moment at my country club I shall vow to travel around the world in 80 days using nothing but a hot air balloon. :holmes:

(Original post by Degausser)
    I honestly cant understand this notion. :dontknow: It just seems natural to me that if a friend needed help like this, I'd want to jump in, even if it results in a falling out.
    Same for me. I can't detach myself if I like the person, I'm naturally going to offer my opinions and thoughts.

(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Blatant 'chirpse' going on between lemon and nocf

(Of course, I haven't actually read the convo - it was too long :p:)
    To summarise - Nocf was thinking about starting smoking, everyone went mental at him not to except crazylemon, who sat on the fence and simply provided some statistical analysis of both sides.

Later on, while crazylemon's arse was beginning to get splinters, nocf asked what crazylemon thought, to which he replied that it wssn't his business. This upset nocf, as he didn't feel like crazylemon really cared about him.

ReputationRep:
    Just so you know it is all sorted.

Basically I am a phlegmatic ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Just so you know it is all sorted.

Basically I am a phlegmatic ****
    But most of the time you're brilliant :hugs:

Laters :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
    Hot milk and honey always help me. never tried an ice cube in that case
    I may try that today. I'm sounding slightly less ridiculous but its more painful now and I get annoying coughing fits :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Yep, until saturday :yep:
    Oooh, where abouts if you don't mind me asking? Also I hope you're having a good time

ReputationRep:
    I may try that today. I'm sounding slightly less ridiculous but its more painful now and I get annoying coughing fits :sad:
    :console: Poor you, hope it gets better starting now

ReputationRep:
    Morning folks. We all cheered up and back to normal silliness now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    Morning folks. We all cheered up and back to normal silliness now?
    You have an unconditional from Kings??? Congratulations !

ReputationRep:
    You have an unconditional from Kings??? Congratulations !
    No matter how many times this is said, it still sounds awesome :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mushi_master)
    No matter how many times this is said, it still sounds awesome :cool:
    True say, I never thought they give unconditionals in med, unless you reapply with your A-Levels ready (which is what you did, right :o: ?) I will be lucky to get an interview even with perfect grades :moon:

ReputationRep:
    True say, I never thought they give unconditionals in med, unless you reapply with your A-Levels ready (which is what you did, right :o: ?) I will be lucky to get an interview even with perfect grades :moon:
    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this quite a few times on here already, but yes I'm a reapplicant with my fair share of A-levels already. So yes, unconditional is nice, reapplying is not.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.