Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Pan of boiling water. Chuck spaghetti in. Take out a strand as it looks like it's cooked. Throw at wall. If it sticks, its cooked. Simples
    I love cooking :yep: My favourite dish is pasta with tomato and mushroom sauce :coma:

But I love baking most of all, though I never tried gingerbread.My favourite cutter is tulip-shaped, plus I have a pretty easter chick shape which looks very cute

(Original post by HiBear)
    helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i am early off work :awesome:

wieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

so how is everyone?
    :hi: I slept off a jetlag and collected few strawberries from my garden, cut a bunch of sweet peas and generally feel pleased with myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    helloooooooooooooooooooooooooo

i am early off work :awesome:

wieeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

so how is everyone?
    :wavey:

I'm good thanks, slightly bored so i was practising my violin but now i'm eating chicken and olives :awesome:

Yourself?

What do you work as, by the way? Are you enjoying it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)

:hi: I slept off a jetlag and collected few strawberries from my garden, cut a bunch of sweet peas and generally feel pleased with myself
    jetlag sucks :puke: :p:

yay i also have strawberries :awesome: hehe sounds good.
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    :wavey:

I'm good thanks, slightly bored so i was practising my violin but now i'm eating chicken and olives :awesome:

Yourself?

What do you work as, by the way? Are you enjoying it?
    well i m just chilling. really happy i really didnt get a rejection from birmingham.. i got a rejection from ucas but they just reject everyone who apply after deadline. and clearing hasnt opened yet... but they will accept me.. well hopefully when i send in my grades to the woman i talked to.
    i was feeling **** yesterday but im better now i suppose

im an hca at an old people's home.
    it's a lot different than when i was working as a minor. this is actually putting me off doing medicine more..... well my attitude towards medicine has changed before, so i guess. but i love it (as a summerjob ofc) the peopel are lovely and my collegues are great. but it's not a job i would want permanently. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    She does have to pay £160 per week though
    :eek3:

I pay £106 a week :awesome:

Yes :awesome:
    *cough*

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)

*cough*

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)

That's pretty good for London! My choices are £92 and £96 a week. That includes contents insurance though :yes: But one of my choices does require that you pay the whole term's rent up front :eek:

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

:console:

That's pretty good for London! My choices are £92 and £96 a week. That includes contents insurance though :yes: But one of my choices does require that you pay the whole term's rent up front :eek:
    Hell yeah :awesome: Though I suppose it is east london

I think mine has some sort of insurance I remember reading something in the endless bit of text about...stuff... :p:

I have to pay rent in installments, not sure whether that means the whole lot for the term in on go or not... :erm:

I really should read the agreement more carefully..

ReputationRep:
    I really want my voice to get back to normal. I'm meant to be clubbing tomorrow, and after an evening singing and dancing my heart out I nearly lose my voice normally I'm just going to have to not speak at work on Friday which should be interesting on tills :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shayke)
    Did he get in? Out of curiosity hehe

Or rather, how did he do?
    Well hes in my medical school He's doing fantastically well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terpineol)
    When she says the UKCAT needs no preparation that doesn't necessarily mean preparation wouldn't be worthwhile.
    What can you actually do? Those wee books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    What can you actually do? Those wee books?
    No need to buy books, there are plenty of internet resources out there which are listed on the UKCAT resources thread/wiki.

ReputationRep:
    Gingerbread is in the oven. Am covered in flour now!

ReputationRep:
    Gingerbread is in the oven. Am covered in flour now!
    I'm making curry soon can't wait to try it! One Pot Mushroom and Potato curry

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm making curry soon can't wait to try it! One Pot Mushroom and Potato curry

:woo:
    Looks good, but I'm afraid to say that one of the very few things I don't like is mushrooms.
    And I had to make gingerbread hearts because when I used the man-shaped cutter the heads kept on falling off :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Looks good, but I'm afraid to say that one of the very few things I don't like is mushrooms.
    And I had to make gingerbread hearts because when I used the man-shaped cutter the heads kept on falling off :sad:
    Mushrooms are a bit hit and miss. I like mushrooms but I don't love them and they make me cringe a bit when I realise I'm eating a fungus.

ReputationRep:
    Mushrooms are a bit hit and miss. I like mushrooms but I don't love them and they make me cringe a bit when I realise I'm eating a fungus.
    For some reason I love them..like properly love them. I think they are the main reason why I'm considering converting to veggieness

I had to make gingerbread hearts because when I used the man-shaped cutter the heads kept on falling off
    Ohh yummy, something I really can't do is bake Are gingerbread biscuits easy?

ReputationRep:
    Two ticks today, two ticks today :woo:

And a possible third!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    For some reason I love them..like properly love them. I think they are the main reason why I'm considering converting to veggieness

Ohh yummy, something I really can't do is bake Are gingerbread biscuits easy?
    Yeah really simple. It's fun as well because you have to knead all the ingredients together so get really sticky hands covered in gingerbread mix :p: Do you want the recipe? I don't tend to decorate them because I think they're nice as they are
    Here are my efforts (made with wholemeal flour so good for you as well, yay!) :
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    If it's a facilities bragging competition I think I'll win to be honest... :ninja:

Apart from when it comes to gyms. Imperial just destroys all the competition when it comes to that. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Two ticks today, two ticks today :woo:

And a possible third!
    Two ticks? Eh?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.