The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
scaryhair
Yeah really simple. It's fun as well because you have to knead all the ingredients together so get really sticky hands covered in gingerbread mix :p: Do you want the recipe? I don't tend to decorate them because I think they're nice as they are :smile:
Here are my efforts (made with wholemeal flour so good for you as well, yay!) :

Yes please! They look amazing! well done!!!
scaryhair
Two ticks? Eh?

I'm a birdwatcher, but don't tell anyone :shh:
fatal
Yes please! They look amazing! well done!!!

Okidoke, just typed it up for you. It's from an ancient book so the meaurements are in ounces I'm afraid!
Reply 1763
scaryhair
Okidoke, just typed it up for you. It's from an ancient book so the meaurements are in ounces I'm afraid!

No worries :smile: My trusty scales (just realised I left them behind at halls, byebye scales)... my new scales will handle that challenge well :smile:
fatal
What can you actually do? Those wee books?

Books, old 11+, 12+, 13+ papers, generic odd shapes based questions, code questions, you get stacks of books of that sort of thing for passing time on boats etc...

Even if you only gain from it say 50 marks out of the 900 I fail to see any reason not to pull out all the stops, if could put you ahead of someone else then whatever the cost do it.
normalothercitrusfruit
I'm a birdwatcher, but don't tell anyone :shh:

Oh thats cool - I've always wanted to see puffins :p:
scaryhair
Oh thats cool - I've always wanted to see puffins :p:

Ah yeah, went for a boat trip off the Isles of Scilly and saw them! They're really clumsy when they fly :rofl:

Another bird worth seeing is the dipper - saw one once and watched it for about an hour :rolleyes:
normalothercitrusfruit
Ah yeah, went for a boat trip off the Isles of Scilly and saw them! They're really clumsy when they fly :rofl:

Another bird worth seeing is the dipper - saw one once and watched it for about an hour :rolleyes:

There's a birdwatcher's heaven quite near me called Farlington Marshes - dunno if you've heard of it but apparently people come from all over to see the birds.
scaryhair
There's a birdwatcher's heaven quite near me called Farlington Marshes - dunno if you've heard of it but apparently people come from all over to see the birds.

Yeah I think i've heard of it, sadly too far away for me :sad:

There's a big reserve in Norfolk (where i'm on holiday) called Pensthorpe, which i'm hoping to go to - it's where they filmed springwatch
Reply 1769
i baked a chocolate thingy today at work :awesome:

yeeaahh was yummy. :coma:

homemade gingerbreads are :coma:
but they are christmas + lucia cookies!! :yum: :yum: :yum:
gotta also have some glögg with it :awesome:

gingerbread :love:
jonnyofengland
Wife?!? I shall live alone with my butler, and during one rash moment at my country club I shall vow to travel around the world in 80 days using nothing but a hot air balloon. :holmes:

Seeing as Godfrey's not a dab hand in the kitchen, my meals won't cook themselves :p:
Reply 1771
HiBear
gingerbread :love:

Greggs gingerbreads ftw :coma:! But when I went in the other day, they'd run out :getmecoat:. HOW can Greggs run out of gingerbread :p:
Reply 1772
Alex D
Greggs gingerbreads ftw :coma:! But when I went in the other day, they'd run out :getmecoat:. HOW can Greggs run out of gingerbread :p:

you brits. tsk tsk :p:

swedish peparkaka ftw :awesome:
HiBear

Swedish a-what-now?
HiBear

:wavey:

How are you?
Alex D

That would never happen in Newcastle. There's about 6 Greggs just in the city centre, and they are only the ones that I've discovered :p:
Reply 1776
scaryhair
Swedish a-what-now?

pepparkaka. :awesome:

hahahaha.

normalothercitrusfruit
:wavey:

How are you?

i am good :h:
i feel less tired though i think i will go sleep at 9 or 10 again :yes:

otherwise ill be dead tomorrow :moon: :rip:
HiBear

i am good :h:
i feel less tired though i think i will go sleep at 9 or 10 again :yes:

otherwise ill be dead tomorrow :moon: :rip:

Yeah, would be better if you weren't dead tomorrow i'm thinking :p:

I find it hard to sleep if I go to bed too early though
Toiletpaper8
Eastside?? Ah, right next to campus is a good thing I guess.

All of mine are :p:
jonnyofengland
If it's a facilities bragging competition I think I'll win to be honest... :ninja:

Apart from when it comes to gyms. Imperial just destroys all the competition when it comes to that. :coma:

Because it is free I might actually use it.

Latest

Trending

Trending