Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Because it is free I might actually use it.
    I'm not really a gym person though. I hope they have free tennis courts and all that... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)
    Moving on friday and I wont have internet for over 14 days afterwards arggh.

Dont forget about me :sad: :puppyeyes:
    We wont!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Thanks for the rep, and your kind words

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really a gym person though. I hope they have free tennis courts and all that... :p:
    Neither am I :p:
    I have never actually been in a proper one :ninja: (school one doesn't count :p:)

Free tennis courts would be nice, but I suck a tennis
    If the have badminton courts I might start doing that again.

ReputationRep:
    I'm afraid to say I doubt that anything other than that gym is free, it's london remember :p:

Though if it is, one of you sneak me in, please :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think there are a pair of tennis courts in the grounds of the college, probably about 30s walk from the rooms, just next to the river and the football pitch. :teeth:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Neither am I :p:
    I have never actually been in a proper one :ninja: (school one doesn't count :p:)

Free tennis courts would be nice, but I suck a tennis
    If the have badminton courts I might start doing that again.
    Well, if they have tennis or badminton courts, I'll play you someday. I'm a raquet sports person - tennis, badminton, table-tennis - whatever :p:

I'm actually quite addicted. I play tennis a few times a week and badminton once or so a week :p: I hope Imperial don't charge much and they have lots of free courts...

I've never managed to do gym work though - like running, it's rather boring. With tennis, football or whatever, it's competitive and there's a goal - to win... with gym work and running, it's about setting yourself targets and I frankly suck at that stuff. I tried HIIT sessions last year - died after the first minute or so... I tried lifting weights, the next day my arm couldn't be moved... worse than my tetanus jab... and that was apparently because I didn't "warm down"... With tennis, I don't have to warm down and I'm still fine the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I'm afraid to say I doubt that anything other than that gym is free, it's london remember :p:

Though if it is, one of you sneak me in, please :puppyeyes:
    We can try and smuggle you in in our sports bags :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    I think there are a pair of tennis courts in the grounds of the college, probably about 30s walk from the rooms, just next to the river and the football pitch. :teeth:

Except I reckon they'll be fully occupied all the time.

Actually, it's Oxford, so if the stereotypes are true, they'll probably be empty, though you won't be able to find a tennis partner :p:

ReputationRep:

If people ever fancy a game of badminton/tennis/squash in London, I'll always be up for it. Though I'm in a different neck of the woods to everyone else :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Thanks for the rep, and your kind words
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    Well, if they have tennis or badminton courts, I'll play you someday. I'm a raquet sports person - tennis, badminton, table-tennis - whatever :p:

I'm actually quite addicted. I play tennis a few times a week and badminton once or so a week :p: I hope Imperial don't charge much and they have lots of free courts...

I've never managed to do gym work though - like running, it's rather boring. With tennis, football or whatever, it's competitive and there's a goal - to win... with gym work and running, it's about setting yourself targets and I frankly suck at that stuff. I tried HIIT sessions last year - died after the first minute or so... I tried lifting weights, the next day my arm couldn't be moved... worse than my tetanus jab... and that was apparently because I didn't "warm down"... With tennis, I don't have to warm down and I'm still fine the next day.
    Deal. Though you will thrash me. Oh I am comicly bad at sport (apart form hockey which I am ok at :p:) :rofl: like todays football I was captain (:rofl:) we lost 4-1 are improvemnet on last time we played them of 6-1 :p:

As for gym stuff I think I will give it a go or at least try to :p:
    Though treadmill is sooo dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)

:shoot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    Time for a rather smug...I am

Stepping away from my ego :rolleyes: I just made home made curry! I'm stuffed now though cos I made the mistake of eating oreos with milk!
    Hence most. :p: Oreos are just fantastic, by the way. :coma: But only if you grip 'em, rip 'em and lick 'em.

And thanks for the rep.

ReputationRep:
    I've just remembered a sport i'm good at!!!!

Croquet!!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:

If people ever fancy a game of badminton/tennis/squash in London, I'll always be up for it. Though I'm in a different neck of the woods to everyone else :sad:
    Done deal - though you'll have to tell me how to play squash, I never really did it because the totally uncool goggles school makes us wear totally put me off.

ReputationRep:

That is apparently the most dull sport ever. My brother said it was just knocking balls through oversized staples.

ReputationRep:

Not a proper sport i am afraid like fishing

Fishing is either:

A) a profession/job/way of life
    B) an attempt to escape the wife for 8hrs a day

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Done deal - though you'll have to tell me how to play squash, I never really did it because the totally uncool goggles school makes us wear totally put me off.
    :woo:
    well, I don't technically know how to play it but I had someone explaining it to me the other night, as well as telling me where all the squash courts are loated. So, I'll be terrible but it'll be hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    That is apparently the most dull sport ever. My brother said it was just knocking balls through oversized staples.
    Look, I managed to beat people at it, and it's a sport - therefore it wasn't dull for me

And you don't just knock balls through stables, you have to hit your opponents' balls too (and I appreciate how that came out)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.