Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Medics (and applicants) general chat thread Mk IV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Done deal - though you'll have to tell me how to play squash, I never really did it because the totally uncool goggles school makes us wear totally put me off.
    The benefits of glasses, I couldn't wear those :p:

But our school destroyed 1 of the squash courts to make the girls changing room bigger :mad:

As if they need somewhere to change :mad: :mad:

This is a game I might win having played a few times before :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Deal. Though you will thrash me. Oh I am comicly bad at sport (apart form hockey which I am ok at :p:) :rofl: like todays football I was captain (:rofl:) we lost 4-1 are improvemnet on last time we played them of 6-1 :p:

As for gym stuff I think I will give it a go or at least try to :p:
    Though treadmill is sooo dull.
    Well, at least you're captain of a football team, so you can't be that bad. My football boots have been lying around gathering dust - no one really plays around where I live, except really dodgy blokes who go for dodgy slide tackles.

Treadmill is actually easier than running normally. I opted for cross-country at school for 3 years, and it's way harder running outside than on a treadmill. And if you're wondering why I went for this dull sport (if you can call running a sport), it's because the alternative was rugby and I'm hardly built for rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Except I reckon they'll be fully occupied all the time.

Actually, it's Oxford, so if the stereotypes are true, they'll probably be empty, though you won't be able to find a tennis partner :p:
    When I went to have a look around, four visions of beauty were just heading onto them when I walked past. So hopefully one of them will graduate this year and they'll need a fourth member. :ninja:

And running is not boring - I find it wonderfully therapeutic to be running in the middle of a park with Alphabeat buoying me along. :awesome: I don't do it nearly as competitively as most sports though, racquet and team sports are what I rely on then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I've just remembered a sport i'm good at!!!!

Croquet!!!!! :woo:
    I'm class at hockey used to nearly kneecap the opposition! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Look, I managed to beat people at it, and it's a sport - therefore it wasn't dull for me

And you don't just knock balls through stables, you have to hit your opponents' balls too (and I appreciate how that came out)
    I was joking dude! People tell me rowing isn't a sport and is dull all the time. :yes: Feel free to do that.

But we don't knock our opponent's balls with that, well, some might, but that's just speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Not a proper sport i am afraid like fishing

Fishing is either:

A) a profession/job/way of life
    B) an attempt to escape the wife for 8hrs a day

:p:
    At least it isn't a woman's sport :eviltongue:
    But I agree that fishing isn't a sport, it's just torture (but if you're secretly into it then ofc we can go :yep:)

ReputationRep:
    The benefits of glasses, I couldn't wear those :p:

But our school destroyed 1 of the squash courts to make the girls changing room bigger :mad:

As if they need somewhere to change :mad: :mad:

This is a game I might win having played a few times before :zomg:
    You'll beat me at any rate - though I might be playing this with a friend next week, so I might be able to learn how to play before uni.

And I think the girls change in the common room at our school... actually, I have no clue where they change, now you mention it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you're captain of a football team, so you can't be that bad. My football boots have been lying around gathering dust - no one really plays around where I live, except really dodgy blokes who go for dodgy slide tackles.

Treadmill is actually easier than running normally. I opted for cross-country at school for 3 years, and it's way harder running outside than on a treadmill. And if you're wondering why I went for this dull sport (if you can call running a sport), it's because the alternative was rugby and I'm hardly built for rugby.
    Ah the rugby term, thats when I decided to do swimming.

I don't think you get how the captaincy on our team works. No. 1 it is one of the 6-9 that turns up. No. 2 is picked at random.
    The only purpose is for the coin toss :p:
    We had even lost the captain arm band :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Not a proper sport i am afraid like fishing

Fishing is either:

A) a profession/job/way of life
    B) an attempt to escape the wife for 8hrs a day

:p:
    You could say that about cricket and golf, but it doesn't stop them being sports. :p:

But you're right - fishing is as much a sport as darts. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    When I went to have a look around, four visions of beauty were just heading onto them when I walked past. So hopefully one of them will graduate this year and they'll need a fourth member. :ninja:

And running is not boring - I find it wonderfully therapeutic to be running in the middle of a park with Alphabeat buoying me along. :awesome: I don't do it nearly as competitively as most sports though, racquet and team sports are what I rely on then.
    Ah, you so should have come to Imperial. I'd have more people to play tennis with :p:

ReputationRep:
    You could say that about cricket and golf, but it doesn't stop them being sports. :p:

I see a sport as something which gets the heaRtrate up as well as being competitive It does help if one has something to chase after too

ReputationRep:
    No one is allowed to be mean to golf :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm class at hockey used to nearly kneecap the opposition! :o:
    Last time I played hockey I sprinted full on into the fence surrounding the court, and knocked myself out cold.

ReputationRep:
    You'll beat me at any rate - though I might be playing this with a friend next week, so I might be able to learn how to play before uni.

And I think the girls change in the common room at our school... actually, I have no clue where they change, now you mention it.
    Hehe You will still probably beat me.

I might try and persuade my dad to play it with me this weekend, haven't played for months

ReputationRep:
    Crazy golf is all I've played and all I plan to play, because I'm terrible at that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I was joking dude! People tell me rowing isn't a sport and is dull all the time. :yes: Feel free to do that.

But we don't knock our opponent's balls with that, well, some might, but that's just speculation.
    Yeah, I didn't mean it in a grrr way! :o:

Oh, and does kayaking count as a sport?

ReputationRep:

If you can be a world champoin while lookling the aproximate shape of a football is not a sport :yep:

Gold isn't really a sport until you get to a decent level :p:
    Its beer and hitting small balls otherwise :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Crazy golf is all I've played and all I plan to play, because I'm terrible at that anyway.
    I only play golf to park in the car park, and sit in the clubhouse :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I didn't mean it in a grrr way! :o:

Oh, and does kayaking count as a sport?
    Yes is does

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you so should have come to Imperial. I'd have more people to play tennis with :p:
    Haven't played tennis for ages, but I used to play it really competitively - have different racquets and shoes for different courts, enter tournaments and had a proper ranking. And it used to be fun with the other kids trying to psych you out. :giggle:

Then I moved onto squash, then badminton - and now I haven't really picked up a racquet for a while.

It's all about the football currently. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.