Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Done deal - though you'll have to tell me how to play squash, I never really did it because the totally uncool goggles school makes us wear totally put me off.
    The benefits of glasses, I couldn't wear those :p:

But our school destroyed 1 of the squash courts to make the girls changing room bigger :mad:

As if they need somewhere to change :mad: :mad:

This is a game I might win having played a few times before :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Deal. Though you will thrash me. Oh I am comicly bad at sport (apart form hockey which I am ok at :p:) :rofl: like todays football I was captain (:rofl:) we lost 4-1 are improvemnet on last time we played them of 6-1 :p:

As for gym stuff I think I will give it a go or at least try to :p:
    Though treadmill is sooo dull.
    Well, at least you're captain of a football team, so you can't be that bad. My football boots have been lying around gathering dust - no one really plays around where I live, except really dodgy blokes who go for dodgy slide tackles.

Treadmill is actually easier than running normally. I opted for cross-country at school for 3 years, and it's way harder running outside than on a treadmill. And if you're wondering why I went for this dull sport (if you can call running a sport), it's because the alternative was rugby and I'm hardly built for rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Except I reckon they'll be fully occupied all the time.

Actually, it's Oxford, so if the stereotypes are true, they'll probably be empty, though you won't be able to find a tennis partner :p:
    When I went to have a look around, four visions of beauty were just heading onto them when I walked past. So hopefully one of them will graduate this year and they'll need a fourth member. :ninja:

And running is not boring - I find it wonderfully therapeutic to be running in the middle of a park with Alphabeat buoying me along. :awesome: I don't do it nearly as competitively as most sports though, racquet and team sports are what I rely on then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    I've just remembered a sport i'm good at!!!!

Croquet!!!!! :woo:
    I'm class at hockey used to nearly kneecap the opposition! :o:

ReputationRep:
    Look, I managed to beat people at it, and it's a sport - therefore it wasn't dull for me

And you don't just knock balls through stables, you have to hit your opponents' balls too (and I appreciate how that came out)
    I was joking dude! People tell me rowing isn't a sport and is dull all the time. :yes: Feel free to do that.

But we don't knock our opponent's balls with that, well, some might, but that's just speculation.

ReputationRep:
    Not a proper sport i am afraid like fishing

Fishing is either:

A) a profession/job/way of life
    B) an attempt to escape the wife for 8hrs a day

:p:
    At least it isn't a woman's sport :eviltongue:
    But I agree that fishing isn't a sport, it's just torture (but if you're secretly into it then ofc we can go :yep:)

ReputationRep:
    The benefits of glasses, I couldn't wear those :p:

But our school destroyed 1 of the squash courts to make the girls changing room bigger :mad:

As if they need somewhere to change :mad: :mad:

This is a game I might win having played a few times before :zomg:
    You'll beat me at any rate - though I might be playing this with a friend next week, so I might be able to learn how to play before uni.

And I think the girls change in the common room at our school... actually, I have no clue where they change, now you mention it.

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least you're captain of a football team, so you can't be that bad. My football boots have been lying around gathering dust - no one really plays around where I live, except really dodgy blokes who go for dodgy slide tackles.

Treadmill is actually easier than running normally. I opted for cross-country at school for 3 years, and it's way harder running outside than on a treadmill. And if you're wondering why I went for this dull sport (if you can call running a sport), it's because the alternative was rugby and I'm hardly built for rugby.
    Ah the rugby term, thats when I decided to do swimming.

I don't think you get how the captaincy on our team works. No. 1 it is one of the 6-9 that turns up. No. 2 is picked at random.
    The only purpose is for the coin toss :p:
    We had even lost the captain arm band :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Not a proper sport i am afraid like fishing

Fishing is either:

A) a profession/job/way of life
    B) an attempt to escape the wife for 8hrs a day

:p:
    You could say that about cricket and golf, but it doesn't stop them being sports. :p:

But you're right - fishing is as much a sport as darts. :dry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    When I went to have a look around, four visions of beauty were just heading onto them when I walked past. So hopefully one of them will graduate this year and they'll need a fourth member. :ninja:

And running is not boring - I find it wonderfully therapeutic to be running in the middle of a park with Alphabeat buoying me along. :awesome: I don't do it nearly as competitively as most sports though, racquet and team sports are what I rely on then.
    Ah, you so should have come to Imperial. I'd have more people to play tennis with :p:

ReputationRep:
    You could say that about cricket and golf, but it doesn't stop them being sports. :p:

I see a sport as something which gets the heaRtrate up as well as being competitive It does help if one has something to chase after too

ReputationRep:
    No one is allowed to be mean to golf :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    I'm class at hockey used to nearly kneecap the opposition! :o:
    Last time I played hockey I sprinted full on into the fence surrounding the court, and knocked myself out cold.

ReputationRep:
    You'll beat me at any rate - though I might be playing this with a friend next week, so I might be able to learn how to play before uni.

And I think the girls change in the common room at our school... actually, I have no clue where they change, now you mention it.
    Hehe You will still probably beat me.

I might try and persuade my dad to play it with me this weekend, haven't played for months

ReputationRep:
    Crazy golf is all I've played and all I plan to play, because I'm terrible at that anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    I was joking dude! People tell me rowing isn't a sport and is dull all the time. :yes: Feel free to do that.

But we don't knock our opponent's balls with that, well, some might, but that's just speculation.
    Yeah, I didn't mean it in a grrr way! :o:

Oh, and does kayaking count as a sport?

ReputationRep:

If you can be a world champoin while lookling the aproximate shape of a football is not a sport :yep:

Gold isn't really a sport until you get to a decent level :p:
    Its beer and hitting small balls otherwise :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Crazy golf is all I've played and all I plan to play, because I'm terrible at that anyway.
    I only play golf to park in the car park, and sit in the clubhouse :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I didn't mean it in a grrr way! :o:

Oh, and does kayaking count as a sport?
    Yes is does

ReputationRep:
    Ah, you so should have come to Imperial. I'd have more people to play tennis with :p:
    Haven't played tennis for ages, but I used to play it really competitively - have different racquets and shoes for different courts, enter tournaments and had a proper ranking. And it used to be fun with the other kids trying to psych you out. :giggle:

Then I moved onto squash, then badminton - and now I haven't really picked up a racquet for a while.

It's all about the football currently. :cool:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 9, 2009

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.