Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    If you can be a world champoin while lookling the aproximate shape of a football is not a sport :yep:

Gold isn't really a sport until you get to a decent level :p:
    Its beer and hitting small balls otherwise :p:
    Rubbish, golf is sooo much more difficult than hockey and football combined - and beer isn't involved until the end :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Hehe You will still probably beat me.

I might try and persuade my dad to play it with me this weekend, haven't played for months
    Mmm, just need to find out at some point where the tennis courts are around Imperial and whether you need to join a club or something to use them. In London though... so I reckon there's not going to be many. Most will probably be out of London so lots of travelling needed... I don't reckon there are any in Hyde Park or around there?

ReputationRep:
    Yes is does
    ooh thanks :woo:

I can do that!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Rubbish, golf is sooo much more difficult than hockey and football combined - and beer isn't involved until the end :mad:
    If you can play golf well, then well done. I tried golf for a term and I totally sucked.

ReputationRep:
    If you can be a world champoin while lookling the aproximate shape of a football is not a sport :yep:

Gold isn't really a sport until you get to a decent level :p:
    Its beer and hitting small balls otherwise :p:
    They're going to bring golf into the olympics, so it must be a sport. Just like trampolining. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    :lies:
    :p:

(Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    Mmm, just need to find out at some point where the tennis courts are around Imperial and whether you need to join a club or something to use them. In London though... so I reckon there's not going to be many. Most will probably be out of London so lots of travelling needed... I don't reckon there are any in Hyde Park or around there?
    I know there is one outside some of the UCL halls :ninja:
    We can go and visit jess :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    They're going to bring golf into the olympics, so it must be a sport. Just like trampolining. :ninja:
    :rolleyes:

I think they should put Xtreme tiddlywinks in too!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't played tennis for ages, but I used to play it really competitively - have different racquets and shoes for different courts, enter tournaments and had a proper ranking. And it used to be fun with the other kids trying to psych you out. :giggle:

Then I moved onto squash, then badminton - and now I haven't really picked up a racquet for a while.

It's all about the football currently. :cool:
    I'd love to take up more sports, but I live too far away from where everyone else lives and I just end up playing with my dad or catching a train to play with everyone else :p:

Football, can be frankly quite dangerous :p:

ReputationRep:

Unfortunately, my halls have no tennis courts and before I applied I looked at the tennis courts on the accomodation website, and they were DISGUSTING. :p: I made a wise choice :yes:

Doesn't help for playing tennis though but there are a lot of halls around me with squash for a £5 to rent the court for 2 people. :awesome:

ReputationRep:

Look, hockey is running around and smacking a bit of plastic into a goal.

Golf on the other hand is about concentration, and repetition, and judgement. There are so many variables to take into account such as distance, wind, slope of the ground etc. etc.

It is just so much more difficult, I will concede though that it isn't particularly tiring :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    Unfortunately, my halls have no tennis courts and before I applied I looked at the tennis courts on the accomodation website, and they were DISGUSTING. :p: I made a wise choice :yes:

Doesn't help for playing tennis though but there are a lot of halls around me with squash for a £5 to rent the court for 2 people. :awesome:
    I know huge parry has a squash court but the is UoL accom I believe not UCL specific

ReputationRep:

Oh great, catch the Underground just to play tennis - and it's probably not free either :p:

Visiting Jess as well on the other hand, might be worth it :p:

ReputationRep:
    As if we could! Hope all goes well :hugs:
    Thanks man

We wont!
    (Original post by scaryhair)
    Oooh exciting, good luck! We won't forget about you
    :hugs:

I'm away for the most part of two weeks anyway starting monday, give or take a couple of days when I'll be online, you won't miss much of Jess that way. :awesome:

And I know that's what you're concerned about missing :puppyeyes:
    :sadnod: You got it in one, where else can i get my fix of insanity and being G? :p: Have a good one where ever you're off to

:zomg: How will you cope?
    I dont know, I even got the 3 red ring things on my xbox the other day. Looks like I might have to start being more active outdoors :eek:

:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Look, hockey is running around and smacking a bit of plastic into a goal.

Golf on the other hand is about concentration, and repetition, and judgement. There are so many variables to take into account such as distance, wind, slope of the ground etc. etc.

It is just so much more difficult, I will concede though that it isn't particularly tiring :p:
    Chess is difficult, so is calculus.
    Doesn't make them sports though

ReputationRep:
    Oh great, catch the Underground just to play tennis - and it's probably not free either :p:

:yes: visit Jess! Visit Jess! I'll make us all a meal (baked beans, anyone?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)

I dont know, I even got the 3 red ring things on my xbox the other day. Looks like I might have to start being more active outdoors :eek:

Here you go, you don't even have to type it in the address bar:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PLAYSTA...8296225&sr=8-1

ReputationRep:

They do have tennis courts:

whilst the Cobham Sports Ground offers similar but more extensive provision with the additional benefit of grass tennis courts

:woo:

We can still go and visit jess though :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I know huge parry has a squash court but the is UoL accom I believe not UCL specific
    There are a few intercollegiate ones with squash courts, and anyone can go in I think, it's just we don't get the reduced rate.

ReputationRep:
    Chess is difficult, so is calculus.
    Doesn't make them sports though
    Chess and calculus are both for people with oversized foreheads and no life.

No i'm sorry, but golf is a sport - i'm not even continuing this debate

ReputationRep:
    :yes: visit Jess! Visit Jess! I'll make us all a meal (baked beans, anyone?)
    :hmmm:

Microwave jacket potato or higher :p:

Don't forget to tell them we are coming though :ninja:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.