Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)
    There are a few intercollegiate ones with squash courts, and anyone can go in I think, it's just we don't get the reduced rate.
    LAME at not reduced rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I'd love to take up more sports, but I live too far away from where everyone else lives and I just end up playing with my dad or catching a train to play with everyone else :p:

Football, can be frankly quite dangerous :p:
    At some point in my life I've played most sports, or at least most of the cheap ones. As well as those mentioned I've played rugby, cricket etc. competitively (I used to play rugby when I was younger at county level, but then everyone suddenly became much taller than me and I was getting killed every week ). I really love sports. :p:

Football is dangerous, but I find more so at club level than just kickarounds. Mainly because at kickarounds you're with mates and some of the most dangerous men alive join sunday league teams. But then I do play in one of the more dangerous positions (winger) - a couple of seasons ago some guy hacked me at the knee and put me out injured for 2 months because I kept showing him up by skinning him. :o:

ReputationRep:
    :yes: visit Jess! Visit Jess! I'll make us all a meal (baked beans, anyone?)
    Ooh can I visit? I'll happily cook the baked beans :yep:

Plus, i'll smoke outside so you needn't worry :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    LAME at not reduced rate
    Well for the amount they pay for their rooms you'd have thought they'd get it free :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by normalothercitrusfruit)
    Ooh can I visit? I'll happily cook the baked beans :yep:

Plus, i'll smoke outside so you needn't worry :p:
    I'd be sticking nicotine patches all over you :p: But we'll make a party out of it, baked beans cooked by a citrus fruit. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Well for the amount they pay for their rooms you'd have thought they'd get it free :p:
    :sadnod:

But I will pay more and I am not sure ours are free... I think you have to join the club...

ReputationRep:
    :awesome:

Ill being the cheesegrater

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    Football is dangerous, but I find more so at club level than just kickarounds. Mainly because at kickarounds you're with mates and some of the most dangerous men alive join sunday league teams. But then I do play in one of the more dangerous positions (winger) - a couple of seasons ago some guy hacked me at the knee and put me out injured for 2 months because I kept showing him up by skinning him. :o:
    We even have that in our not very serious at all league.

Today one of our team tried to push back on someone a ft taller and atleast 3 stone heavier, it didn't work :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd be sticking nicotine patches all over you :p: But we'll make a party out of it, baked beans cooked by a citrus fruit. :teeth:
    :woo: I hope you're buying the patches though, they're bloody expensive

I'll do toast as well if you like, though not beans on toast since I can never get the timing right :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Degausser)

Noooooo cheese

:no: :no: :no:

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo cheese

Beans without cheese?

BLASPHEMY

ReputationRep:
    Party at Jess'? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Beans without cheese?

BLASPHEMY
    But: CHEESE IS HORRIBLE!!!!

ReputationRep:

You're being the cheesegrater?

I have one, there's no need to hurt yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Party at Jess'? :awesome:
    :yes: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    You're being the cheesegrater?

I have one, there's no need to hurt yourself!
    Won't be necessary anyway since we AREN'T HAVING CHEESE!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Depends how strong it is :p:

ReputationRep:
    You just don't have any taste

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    We even have that in our not very serious at all league.

Today one of our team tried to push back on someone a ft taller and atleast 3 stone heavier, it didn't work :p:
    I've never played in a 5-a-side league, but I imagine there are some bruisers in there as well.

The most terrified I've ever been was at this one game, it was in the one of the roughest council estates you could imagine, raining (so perfect for slide tackles), the pitch had a burned-out car on the side with all these scary individuals drinking around it, and our manager didn't even dare get out of his car. Then their team turned up late (looking like they'd just come from a young offender's institution) having been out drinking all night, threw up, had a fag and then got ready to play. In the first five minutes two of their players had yellow cards and one of ours had been carried off injured. :s:

Suffice to say I didn't try and fancy skills in that game. :p:

ReputationRep:
    But: CHEESE IS HORRIBLE!!!! wonderful
    Fixed :yep:

Infact all kinds:

Cheddar
    Stilton
    Saint Agur
    Wensleydale
    Yarg
    Red Leicester
    Boursin
    Le roule

and many many more :daydreaming:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.