Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Early...? :eek:

Why? :p:

I should just get up earlier lmao

Yay Freshers week :teeth:
    OK you asked, so here's my long, complicated story :p: :

Well on Monday I'm going to york for 2 days with a friend so I'll be having to catch the train fairly early on Monday then I'm not sure he'd appreciate me getting up at 12 the next day :cry: Then on Friday I go to Lourdes, and my flight is at 8am so I have to get to college to catch the coach to the airport for 5am :eek::eek: (since when did that hour exist? :eek:) then in Lourdes I have to be up at 6am at the latest to go for my shifts at the hospital and stuff, and then the day after I get back from Lourdes I'm going to Edinburgh where I'll be having to get up at a reasonable hour because I'm staying in a Youth hostel :cry:.

Not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)

Well on Monday I'm going to york for 2 days with a friend so I'll be having to catch the train fairly early on Monday then I'm not sure he'd appreciate me getting up at 12 the next day :cry: Then on Friday I go to Lourdes, and my flight is at 8am so I have to get to college to catch the coach to the airport for 5am :eek::eek: (since when did that hour exist? :eek:) then in Lourdes I have to be up at 6am at the latest to go for my shifts at the hospital and stuff, and then the day after I get back from Lourdes I'm going to Edinburgh where I'll be having to get up at a reasonable hour because I'm staying in a Youth hostel :cry:.

Not fair
    Well aren't you a glutton for punishment :awesome:

I'll be quietly mocking you whilst sleeping :teeth:

I'm sure you'll have fun as well so it won't be too bad, you'll just be a zombie by the end of the week :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well aren't you a glutton for punishment :awesome:

I'll be quietly mocking you whilst sleeping :teeth:

I'm sure you'll have fun as well so it won't be too bad, you'll just be a zombie by the end of the week :p:
    It's ok it's ok, I'll just sleep for a few days in a row when I get back :awesome:

I will miss my bed though, there's nothing quite as comfortable as your own bed :cry:

ReputationRep:
    It's ok it's ok, I'll just sleep for a few days in a row when I get back :awesome:

I will miss my bed though, there's nothing quite as comfortable as your own bed :cry:
    Good plan :p:

This is true, I love my bed, but I won't have it at uni :sad:

I'm hoping the beds are nice at uni :p:

ReputationRep:

Not fair
    But you're not religious how dare you I feel so offended!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    That guy was clearly offended, it made me LOLOLOL.
    I was tempted to ask him why he wasn't going on the oh-so-sacred pilgrimage and I was, but then decided to take the nice approach. I got annoyed when I typed at a flawless argument in my defence and I just got an "OK" in reply though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :lolwut:

I can't do getting up late.
    Eg last night went to sleep at 2:30ish
    Still woke up at 8, though I did stay in bed for an hour not doing much

ReputationRep:
    Good plan :p:

This is true, I love my bed, but I won't have it at uni :sad:

I'm hoping the beds are nice at uni :p:
    Prepare to be disappointed uni beds on the whole are awful (most of the mattresses have had a good 5 years of students doing the kind of things student do on them). Unless you're lucky like me that is, many girls commented on how comfortable my bed was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    Prepare to be disappointed uni beds on the whole are awful (most of the mattresses have had a good 5 years of students doing the kind of things student do on them). Unless you're lucky like me that is, many girls commented on how comfortable my bed was!
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    Trampoline? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I love my new big double bed at uni also did act quite like my halls bed.

ReputationRep:
    i wanna go to uni september..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    i wanna go to uni september..
    I thought you were if you got into brummy land :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :lolwut:

I can't do getting up late.
    Eg last night went to sleep at 2:30ish
    Still woke up at 8, though I did stay in bed for an hour not doing much
    please teach me your ways!

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were if you got into brummy land :eek:
    probably but it's still not confirmed and everything. im still waiting for a reply.

ive sent my grades today hopefully i will know soon :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Trampoline? :teeth:
    and building dens :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    please teach me your ways!
    I don't know :dontknow:

I think it is just my bodyclock.
    Used to getting up early.

On school days I would get up at 6:30 so 8 is reasonable late for me :p:

ReputationRep:

I actually resent you a tiny bit for that! :p:

ReputationRep:

On school days I went to bed at 1 and got up at 6, setting off at 6:50 :teeth:

My body clock is messed up and so my body is making up for all that lost sleep :woo:

ReputationRep:
    On school days I went to bed at 1 and got up at 6, setting off at 6:50 :teeth:

My body clock is messed up and so my body is making up for all that lost sleep :woo:
    Oh dear.
    My dad uses a simlar argument for why he has afternoon naps, still catching up on lost sleep from HO and SHO years :rofl:

(Original post by fatal)
    I actually resent you a tiny bit for that! :p:
    It can be a pain because it means if I stay up late I still get up early but just feel tired.

Though I can function ok for about a day without sleep

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 9, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.