Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Early...? :eek:

Why? :p:

I should just get up earlier lmao

Yay Freshers week :teeth:
    OK you asked, so here's my long, complicated story :p: :

Well on Monday I'm going to york for 2 days with a friend so I'll be having to catch the train fairly early on Monday then I'm not sure he'd appreciate me getting up at 12 the next day :cry: Then on Friday I go to Lourdes, and my flight is at 8am so I have to get to college to catch the coach to the airport for 5am :eek::eek: (since when did that hour exist? :eek:) then in Lourdes I have to be up at 6am at the latest to go for my shifts at the hospital and stuff, and then the day after I get back from Lourdes I'm going to Edinburgh where I'll be having to get up at a reasonable hour because I'm staying in a Youth hostel :cry:.

Not fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessaay!)

Well on Monday I'm going to york for 2 days with a friend so I'll be having to catch the train fairly early on Monday then I'm not sure he'd appreciate me getting up at 12 the next day :cry: Then on Friday I go to Lourdes, and my flight is at 8am so I have to get to college to catch the coach to the airport for 5am :eek::eek: (since when did that hour exist? :eek:) then in Lourdes I have to be up at 6am at the latest to go for my shifts at the hospital and stuff, and then the day after I get back from Lourdes I'm going to Edinburgh where I'll be having to get up at a reasonable hour because I'm staying in a Youth hostel :cry:.

Not fair
    Well aren't you a glutton for punishment :awesome:

I'll be quietly mocking you whilst sleeping :teeth:

I'm sure you'll have fun as well so it won't be too bad, you'll just be a zombie by the end of the week :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well aren't you a glutton for punishment :awesome:

I'll be quietly mocking you whilst sleeping :teeth:

I'm sure you'll have fun as well so it won't be too bad, you'll just be a zombie by the end of the week :p:
    It's ok it's ok, I'll just sleep for a few days in a row when I get back :awesome:

I will miss my bed though, there's nothing quite as comfortable as your own bed :cry:

ReputationRep:
    It's ok it's ok, I'll just sleep for a few days in a row when I get back :awesome:

I will miss my bed though, there's nothing quite as comfortable as your own bed :cry:
    Good plan :p:

This is true, I love my bed, but I won't have it at uni :sad:

I'm hoping the beds are nice at uni :p:

ReputationRep:

Not fair
    But you're not religious how dare you I feel so offended!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    That guy was clearly offended, it made me LOLOLOL.
    I was tempted to ask him why he wasn't going on the oh-so-sacred pilgrimage and I was, but then decided to take the nice approach. I got annoyed when I typed at a flawless argument in my defence and I just got an "OK" in reply though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonnyofengland)
    :lolwut:

I can't do getting up late.
    Eg last night went to sleep at 2:30ish
    Still woke up at 8, though I did stay in bed for an hour not doing much

ReputationRep:
    Good plan :p:

This is true, I love my bed, but I won't have it at uni :sad:

I'm hoping the beds are nice at uni :p:
    Prepare to be disappointed uni beds on the whole are awful (most of the mattresses have had a good 5 years of students doing the kind of things student do on them). Unless you're lucky like me that is, many girls commented on how comfortable my bed was!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    Prepare to be disappointed uni beds on the whole are awful (most of the mattresses have had a good 5 years of students doing the kind of things student do on them). Unless you're lucky like me that is, many girls commented on how comfortable my bed was!
    :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munro90)
    Trampoline? :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I love my new big double bed at uni also did act quite like my halls bed.

ReputationRep:
    i wanna go to uni september..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HiBear)
    i wanna go to uni september..
    I thought you were if you got into brummy land :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    :lolwut:

I can't do getting up late.
    Eg last night went to sleep at 2:30ish
    Still woke up at 8, though I did stay in bed for an hour not doing much
    please teach me your ways!

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were if you got into brummy land :eek:
    probably but it's still not confirmed and everything. im still waiting for a reply.

ive sent my grades today hopefully i will know soon :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Trampoline? :teeth:
    and building dens :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatal)
    please teach me your ways!
    I don't know :dontknow:

I think it is just my bodyclock.
    Used to getting up early.

On school days I would get up at 6:30 so 8 is reasonable late for me :p:

ReputationRep:

I actually resent you a tiny bit for that! :p:

ReputationRep:

On school days I went to bed at 1 and got up at 6, setting off at 6:50 :teeth:

My body clock is messed up and so my body is making up for all that lost sleep :woo:

ReputationRep:
    On school days I went to bed at 1 and got up at 6, setting off at 6:50 :teeth:

My body clock is messed up and so my body is making up for all that lost sleep :woo:
    Oh dear.
    My dad uses a simlar argument for why he has afternoon naps, still catching up on lost sleep from HO and SHO years :rofl:

(Original post by fatal)
    I actually resent you a tiny bit for that! :p:
    It can be a pain because it means if I stay up late I still get up early but just feel tired.

Though I can function ok for about a day without sleep

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.