Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How often do you rep other people? watch

• View Poll Results: How often do you use your power of rep?
    Every day
    31.68%
    Occasionally
    28.71%
    Never
    13.86%
    It depends on whether I see a post I disagree with or love
    25.74%

ReputationRep:
    Normally every time I am on here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I also voted. That'll be £8 please.
    lol, thanks, you'll have to make do with being on my rep list :p: (might hold a raffle for voters later on, to win a sub though, depends on how many votes i need to get)

(Original post by Tootles)
    How come you get 30-odd-thousand points, and I've been a member for longer than you?

I must be a crap member... :unsure:

I know what you mean about repping loads and then going on hiatus, I do the same.
    I have far more posts. :erm:

(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
    I have far more posts.
    So you do.

I'll just have to post more then, won't I?

So you do.

I'll just have to post more then, won't I?
    Ah, but it can be quality, not quantity. Though both are effective. Or: form friendship cirles with members who have a colossal amount of rep. Or even, find a highly revered long term members, search their posts for posts which likely generated a high amount of rep, and repost them making subtle alterations.

Ah, but it can be quality, not quantity. Though both are effective. Or: form friendship cirles with members who have a colossal amount of rep. Or even, find a highly revered long term members, search their posts for posts which likely generated a high amount of rep, and repost them making subtle alterations.
    Are you bestowing upon me a great secret of MegaReppage?

:p:

Are you bestowing upon me a great secret of MegaReppage?

:p:
    Another alternative: PM this guy, make a deal requiring him to: make another 149 posts (150 is the minimum for one's rep to count); rep you, where upon you rep him back. You'll receive over 3 million rep points.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I GOTTA REP EVERYDAY MAN! EVERY DAY!!! EVERY..SINGLE..DAY!!! AHHHHH!!! ITS AS ADDICTIVE AS FACEBOOK AND BEBO AND MYSPACE AND MSN MESSENGER AND HOTMAIL (wait Windows Live mail) PUT TOGETHER!

REP REP REP REP REP!!!

ReputationRep:
    How come you get 30-odd-thousand points, and I've been a member for longer than you?

I must be a crap member... :unsure:
    I remember, you get severe neggage every so often because of your ridiculous Christian views and then you use rep circles to build it back up again. It never really counters the negs though.

Another alternative: PM this guy, make a deal requiring him to: make another 149 posts (150 is the minimum for one's rep to count); rep you, where upon you rep him back. You'll receive over 3 million rep points.
    Can you tell me how he's made that many posts in a month?

(Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher)
    I remember, you get severe neggage every so often because of your ridiculous Christian views and then you use rep circles to build it back up again. It never really counters the negs though.
    Believe it or not, I'm not in any sort of rep circle. Genearlly, I get small reps over a long time which are eaten away in one go by one person who has taken a disliking to me.

If I was in a rep circle, surely I'd've picked more influencial people to be in a circle with?

He hasn't. It's a glitch.

He hasn't. It's a glitch.
    That's what I thought... so if he made any other posts, wouldn't his post-count go back down to 1?

ReputationRep:
    I think it was Dalimyr who explained it sometime ago, if you start a thread in H+R and you have no posts it gets put in the premoderation queue without adding to your postcount and if your thread gets removed before it's posted in the main forum your post count gets reduced and becuase the system can't handle -1 post so it reverts to the highest number of posts the system can handle which is that.

(Original post by Kuriso)
    I think it was Dalimyr who explained it sometime ago, if you start a thread in H+R and you have no posts it gets put in the premoderation queue without adding to your postcount and if your thread gets removed before it's posted in the main forum your post count gets reduced and becuase the system can't handle -1 post so it reverts to the highest number of posts the system can handle which is that.
    So I was right then? If he was to post again, his post-count would revert to 0?

That's what I thought... so if he made any other posts, wouldn't his post-count go back down to 1?
    I'm not sure. Anyway, scrap what I said about him needing to post - he doesn't. Though he does need 10 points of rep.

I'm not sure. Anyway, scrap what I said about him needing to post - he doesn't. Though he does need 10 points of rep.
    He doesn't have 10 rep points?

ReputationRep:
    So I was right then? If he was to post again, his post-count would revert to 0?
    I assume it would, but it appears that he has already made another post so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    110 is the minimum needed to give rep worth anything and you start off with 100 so he needs 10 more.

One starts with 100 rep points when they join, but 110 is the minimum needed for one's rep to count. So he needs another 10 (if he had another 10 he'd have another gem).

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.