Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically with uni round the corner i really can't afford to be heading home to the salon every 6 weeks to get my roots done [i don't trust strangers with my hair so i won't be finding a hairdressers at uni...]
    and there's no way i could bleach my own hair without it going yellow
    and there's definitely no way i'm going back to my natural colour

so i was thinking of dying my hair dark - because i figured i could probably do that myself without messing it up tooo much
    i've already been warned away from black because apparently i'll look 'washed out'
    but do you think this brown would suit me? or am i still too pale..
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    No, i like the contrast >.<

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I don't think blonde hair suits pale people, then they look totally white and ghostly :p: I'm really pale myself (to the point where I pretty much always have people asking me if I'm feeling OK) and have dark brown hair. I wouldn't say it wahses me out or anything, more just sort of frames my face and gives a bit of contrast

ReputationRep:
    pale skin looks great with dark hair

ReputationRep:
    I usually find myself oddly attracted to pale women who have dark hair. So in my opinion, yes, you'll look great with that dark hair.

ReputationRep:
    i have dark hair and pale skin, i think it looks interesting

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend has pale skin and dark hair. :love: it's win.

ReputationRep:
    no-one is too pale for dark hair.... i repeat NO-ONE

:love: all vampiric and mysterious.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I like pale skin and dark hair, nice contrast :-)

ReputationRep:
    if u are really worried that it might not look good, buy a black hair spray [boots sells them] and try it on, if u like it dye ur hair, if u dont just wash it off.
    p.s if thats you on ur page, then i wd say you look fine like that too

ReputationRep:
    Judging from the profile pic, brown would look good i think.

ReputationRep:
    You should look fine, dark hair looks really nice on people with pale skin (though perhaps I'm a tad biased :P
    I reckon you'd be right to stay away from jet black, as it looks unnatural on the majority of people. Dark brown should be fine tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sofee)

but do you think this brown would suit me?
    Yes I think it would look nice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.