Turn on thread page Beta

Im doing WORK EXP! Any Questions? Ask me n i'll ask the dentist 4 u :D watch

ReputationRep:
    My great services...ask away!!
    (rep appreciated)

ReputationRep:
    Ask the dentist, why they are all UDA grabbing thieves. It's something I've always wanted to know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJkG.1)
    Ask the dentist, why they are all UDA grabbing thieves. It's something I've always wanted to know...
    LOL i'd rather not get sacked day

ReputationRep:
    can you ask him whether gum disease is related to coronary heart disease and if he/she has ever treated anyone with gum disease that has later developed CHD from it ?? thx- hopefully getting my work xp - sorted out soon

ReputationRep:
    Ok kwl i'l get back to you later on today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ammar21)
    can you ask him whether gum disease is related to coronary heart disease
    He thinks so, although there has been no official study to prove this. The bacteria or their exo/endotoxins can pass into the bloodstream and effect the heart in addition to other vital organs and the immune system in itself. The result can be heart disease and a condition (i think it was auto-immune deficiency) where the phagocytes or lymphocytes attack their own body cells thinking that they are foreign when they are not.

and if he/she has ever treated anyone with gum disease that has later developed CHD from it ?
    He can't remember...but he reckons its more of a long term effect and wont happen in his lifetime...he fears that in his pension years...the dentists in his generation will be criticized for not realising these little nags i.e gum disease--->CHD and others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    He thinks so, although there has been no official study to prove this. The bacteria or their exo/endotoxins can pass into the bloodstream and effect the heart in addition to other vital organs and the immune system in itself. The result can be heart disease and a condition (i think it was auto-immune deficiency) where the phagocytes or lymphocytes attack their own body cells thinking that they are foreign when they are not.

He can't remember...but he reckons its more of a long term effect and wont happen in his lifetime...he fears that in his pension years...the dentists in his generation will be criticized for not realising these little nags i.e gum disease--->CHD and others.
    are you supposed to have knowledge of this for applying to dentistry?? - or is this new developments or something. I thought this is the kind of stuff I would be learning when you got onto the course not before it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by koops)
    are you supposed to have knowledge of this for applying to dentistry?? - or is this new developments or something. I thought this is the kind of stuff I would be learning when you got onto the course not before it!
    It aint important at this stage. but i think its worth knowing personally. like a headstart or somethin. But all you need to have is a great personality, work experience and good grades. I'm having trouble with the latter...but inshallah i'l get them if not this summer then in jan via ma resits

ReputationRep:
    bummppp

Any1 got any questions?

ReputationRep:
    wow thankyou soo much tats really helped !!! sounds like a very thoughtfull guy ! im trying to sort my work xp out writed 1 letter on Monday - dentist hasnt replyed - do u think its time to send out more letters to other dentists - i know quite a few in different practices ?? im soo desprete for some!!

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    wow thankyou soo much tats really helped !!! sounds like a very thoughtfull guy ! im trying to sort my work xp out writed 1 letter on Monday - dentist hasnt replyed - do u think its time to send out more letters to other dentists - i know quite a few in different practices ?? im soo desprete for some!!
    Dont bother writing letters...its more effective to ring up. thats what i did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisdom-tooth)
    Where are you applying?
    Still looking into it. But Cardiff is definately gonna be one of them. Im in manchester atm...but dnt wna got to manc uni as ive lived here for 17 yrss

ReputationRep:
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Circularmover)
    Dont bother writing letters...its more effective to ring up. thats what i did
    okay - cool!! ill do that iv got a check up with him in 2 days tho soo ill c wat he says then - and then start to ring up other people

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisdom-tooth)
    Ask the dentist:
    1) How wide he likes the patient's mouth open.
    2) If he's ever had a stared at the female patient's breasts.

Let me know what he says.
    lol, noticed this at my work exp

ReputationRep:
    Grow-up:mad:

ReputationRep:
    tsr

ReputationRep:
    tsr

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.