Turn on thread page Beta

Prepare for an epic fail of a summer. watch

So the friends I have in Sheffield where I'm going to university are all off on holiday for a while. The friends I have here in Manchester where I currently live, I don't really speak to anymore as I went through a really crappy breakup, and my ex is mutual friends with them; she's always out with them and we do not want to see each other, plus the main reason we ever hung out is because I met them through her.

Is anybody else in this situation.. ? I'm seriously not happy about the prospect of having nothing to do at all for the next two months. I've also just met a new girl and we had a fantastic day together, and want to see each other again; when the inevitable "Let's go out with your friends" comes around, I don't want to say "Oh sorry, I don't have any friends left in Manchester". That will hardly make me an appealing person to be seeing..

I used to be able to just endure the boring days at home by playing video games but I've tired of them and haven't played anything in 2 months..

ReputationRep:
    Just tell the girl the truth. Anyway isn't it nice to be alone when youre getting to know each other?

Don't be such a wimp, no offence. You don't have to hang around with people to have a good summer.

ReputationRep:
    Preparing? You better start on them stretches then.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.