Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It seems that no matter what shampoo I use I always have to use conditioner on top of it, but as my hair is pretty thin it weighs my hair down a lot. :rolleyes: I'm hoping someone can recommend a shampoo I can use on its own that won't make my hair horrendously tangled and untameable. Has anyone got any suggestions? =) I have wavy hair as well, which is probably why I'm having so much trouble with shampoo... Or would a leave-in conditioner spray be better in place of regular conditioner?

ReputationRep:
    I really like Aussie shampoos and conditioners! I use the super moisturizing ones and they don't leave my hair greasy or heavy - just smooth. I wouldn't recommend a leave-in conditioner if you have a problem with hairproducts making your hair too heavy..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    I really like Aussie shampoos and conditioners! I use the super moisturizing ones and they don't leave my hair greasy or heavy - just smooth. I wouldn't recommend a leave-in conditioner if you have a problem with hairproducts making your hair too heavy..
    I've never tried the Aussie shampoos, only the 3 minute miracle conditioner & leave in conditioner spray... Is there one you'd particularly recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    It seems that no matter what shampoo I use I always have to use conditioner on top of it, but as my hair is pretty thin it weighs my hair down a lot. :rolleyes: I'm hoping someone can recommend a shampoo I can use on its own that won't make my hair horrendously tangled and untameable. Has anyone got any suggestions? =) I have wavy hair as well, which is probably why I'm having so much trouble with shampoo... Or would a leave-in conditioner spray be better in place of regular conditioner?
    John Frieda makes excellent reasonably priced hair care products. My hair used to be horribly frizzy so I used the frizz ease range and my hair is now straighter and softer.

ReputationRep:
    2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner is all i ever use.
    Mainly because i'm lazy..
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Favourite Worst Nightmare)
    John Frieda makes excellent reasonably priced hair care products. My hair used to be horribly frizzy so I used the frizz ease range and my hair is now straighter and softer.
    Frizz ease makes my hair absolutely horrible - I can't even get a comb through my hair with that stuff
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner is all i ever use.
    Mainly because i'm lazy..
    Less effort! :tongue: Any in particular? I suppose I'm open to trying anything right now...

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you can get a new conditioner that is very light instead. I find that shampoos that also condition leave my hair feeling oily.

ReputationRep:
    2 in 1 Wash 'n Go.

Sorted

ReputationRep:
    I use Herbal essences shampoo + conditioner and my hair is soft and fluffy. But never apply the conditioner on the scalp, it will make your hair greasy.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    Perhaps you can get a new conditioner that is very light instead. I find that shampoos that also condition leave my hair feeling oily.
    Hmm, any suggestions? The only 'light' conditioner I've used is the L'Oreal in the pink bottle, but even that made my hair feel heavy after a few uses...

I use herbal essences shampoo and whilst it's not too bad, I've still got to use conditioner with it!

ReputationRep:
    Less effort! :tongue: Any in particular? I suppose I'm open to trying anything right now...
    I've got VO5 'sheer vitality ELIXIR' sounds much more exciting/biblical than it is.

ReputationRep:
    Frizz ease makes my hair absolutely horrible - I can't even get a comb through my hair with that stuff
    Oh well try going to a salon and get a stylist to recommend a shampoo for your hair type.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by MO-M-G)
    I've got VO5 'sheer vitality ELIXIR' sounds much more exciting/biblical than it is.
    I can't stand the smell of VO5... smells like vomit to me! Sorry, think I'll have to give that one a miss haha. :tongue: Thanks for the suggestion though!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, any suggestions? The only 'light' conditioner I've used is the L'Oreal in the pink bottle, but even that made my hair feel heavy after a few uses...

I use herbal essences shampoo and whilst it's not too bad, I've still got to use conditioner with it!
    I don't like L'Oreal conditioners. :nn:

I know Dove is supposed to make one that is especially light, but I haven't used it so I can't vouch for it.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vander Beth)
    I don't like L'Oreal conditioners. :nn:

I know Dove is supposed to make one that is especially light, but I haven't used it so I can't vouch for it.
    Do they really? Every Dove product I've ever used has been seriously heavy, and the smell is seriously overpowering... (not a good thing!) I think I'll have to have a look though

ReputationRep:
    I have quite thin hair and I use products from the Naked Bodycare range. They're so light and don't weigh my hair down at all.

ReputationRep:
    I've never tried the Aussie shampoos, only the 3 minute miracle conditioner & leave in conditioner spray... Is there one you'd particularly recommend?
    Well i use the one called Miracle Moist because my hair tends to be a bit frizzy and dry but still oily at the roots and this shampoo has really worked well for me. I do have quite thick hair, though, so i'm not sure our hair types are the same..? But anyway, i really think the product is worth trying because i find that it leaves my hair feeling really clean and light but still not dry if you know what i mean. I've had the same problems as you with the usual drugstore shampoos like L'oreal, Pantene and Garnier etc. because they've left my hair feeling like its coated with something and then makes my hair greasy really fast and feeling heavy. I think its the silicone (goes under dimethicone and various other names) in the shampoos that do this to the hair. The Aussie shampoo i use does have silicone as well, but i suspect there's less than in the other ones i mentioned because when comparing the lists of ingredients dimethicone is further down the list on the Aussie shampoo than on the l'oreal one which indicates that there would be less of it

ReputationRep:
    Only put the conditioner on the ends of your hair and use a shampoo and conditioner which is for fine hair

I think the yoghurt and lime one is good nd the herbal essences one for fine hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shadowplay)
    I use Herbal essences shampoo + conditioner and my hair is soft and fluffy. But never apply the conditioner on the scalp, it will make your hair greasy.
    Yeah, same

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.