Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Miss Me)
    Only put the conditioner on the ends of your hair and use a shampoo and conditioner which is for fine hair

I think the yoghurt and lime one is good nd the herbal essences one for fine hair
    If I only put conditioner on the ends of my hair it means I can't get my comb etc through the rest of my hair! I seem to have to use conditioner so that it doesn't get ridiculously tangled and unmanageable!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by keepoffthelawn)
    Well i use the one called Miracle Moist because my hair tends to be a bit frizzy and dry but still oily at the roots and this shampoo has really worked well for me. I do have quite thick hair, though, so i'm not sure our hair types are the same..? But anyway, i really think the product is worth trying because i find that it leaves my hair feeling really clean and light but still not dry if you know what i mean. I've had the same problems as you with the usual drugstore shampoos like L'oreal, Pantene and Garnier etc. because they've left my hair feeling like its coated with something and then makes my hair greasy really fast and feeling heavy. I think its the silicone (goes under dimethicone and various other names) in the shampoos that do this to the hair. The Aussie shampoo i use does have silicone as well, but i suspect there's less than in the other ones i mentioned because when comparing the lists of ingredients dimethicone is further down the list on the Aussie shampoo than on the l'oreal one which indicates that there would be less of it
    It sounds good to me, I think I'm going to have to pick it up later or tomorrow! I have an odd hair type really; it's fine, but there's a lot of it and it's very wavy! :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inksplodge)
    It sounds good to me, I think I'm going to have to pick it up later or tomorrow! I have an odd hair type really; it's fine, but there's a lot of it and it's very wavy! :tongue:
    okay, hopefully it works out for you!

ReputationRep:
    I use "Head & Shoulders".But I see no problem in shampoo at all.If I have to,I'll just shave my head.
    When I had long hairs I had some problems.But one professor said:"Cut them shorter.Never wear long hairs like women do.You seems like gay."
    So I listened to his advice and have no problems now.Men in the street finally stopped to think that I'm a pretty girl.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, i always use conditioner. But i have noticed that the dove shampoo makes my hair feel lovely and smooth before i use the conditioner.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.