Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    can anyone recommend me a good cleanser, toner and moisturizer i havent tried any before apart frm boots own brand but it stung my face :| i have sensitive combination skin... x

Simple!

That is the range I am using @ the mo - seems to be working for me. I too have sensitive/combo skin and this brand hasn't given me any trouble.

ReputationRep:
    if you have sensitive skin go for Liz Earle products. They're a little pricier than others but her products are routinely voted as some of the best out there and are all made from natural ingredients. It's totally worth the money, the stuff tends to last a while as well!

heres a link:

http://uk.lizearle.com/products.php?...54a5e128ee1815

if nothing else id say definitely get her cleanser and mix and match other brands for toner and moisturiser...

ReputationRep:
    If you have extremely sensitive skin I'd steer clear of Simple products. I had a huge reaction to them, as did a few members of my family & friends. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Simple! Its very good

ReputationRep:
    I have sensitive/combination skin too and I use Olay products.

I've also got friends who swear by Dermatologica so that might be worth a try too.

ReputationRep:
    I'll second Simple, I use their facewash and moisturiser. For toner I use Lush's Tea Tree Water, and it's good.

ReputationRep:
    I also suggest Liz Earle. Lovely stuff As CogitoErgoSum the products are made from natural ingredients so might be good for your sensitive skin. AND the company is based here on the Isle of Wight yay :woo: My best friend used to work for them and used to give me free samples :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I use Liz Earle

ReputationRep:
    Yep, the Liz Earle wash-off cleanser is good stuff. L'Oreal cleanse-to-toner (or something along those lines) is good too, might be a bit harsh if you're skin is really sensitive though. Moisturiser-wise, I can't help you as I haven't found a good one yet myself.

ReputationRep:
    Just to even things up, I was really allergic to Liz Earle. The customer service is very good though and they will refund you if the products don't suit. I personally use Lush Ultrabland and Olay multiradiance fluid.

ReputationRep:
    clinique is amazing.

ReputationRep:
    I use simple facial cleansing wipes, and a dior cleanser and toner. I think both are very good, but I prefer olay wipes.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm using a cleanser and toner from Wilkinsons ("skin therapy" haha) and it's actually quite good! :tongue: Oh, skin care on a budget... I'm using a moisturiser by Simple but as much as I like it, it's just not moisturising enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tea_cakes)
    If you have extremely sensitive skin I'd steer clear of Simple products. I had a huge reaction to them, as did a few members of my family & friends. Bad times.
    Same, it's evil stuff. For me anyway, especially the eye make up remover it burns!!Not that it is relevant but hey.

(Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    clinique is amazing.
    Serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    I use Liz Earle
    Me too. Stunning stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Simple's are the only cleansing wipes I've found that don't burn my skin...Nivea Visage is a really good moisturiser (I use the white, not blue one, more expensive but not entirely sure what the difference is )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DancinBallerina)
    Serious?
    why? whats wrong?

(Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    why? whats wrong?
    That stuff stripped my skin - the clarifying lotion no.2. I started off alright - for a good year or so and then it just started to literally strip my face! On the other hand, people have said its good and it works for them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.