Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    do people actually wear bags or wht to uni?

in college i jus had one lil plastic folder with stuff in (pen, paper pad, task sheets) and a memory stick. (i did business).

but when i go uni ill be studying events management so i doubt jus a plastic folder will do i have bought a couple of folders jus incase...

so wht do ppl wear? handbag with a carrier bag of stuff or like a backpack or what? lol

p.s i know i sound dumb lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it matters really - if you have a lot to carry then a rucksack is a good way to go. If not, a big handbag.

I'll be doing art and therefore will no doubt be lugging a suitcase, so at least you won't look as silly as me. (:

ReputationRep:
    Don't you need to carry other stuff too? Like wallet, phone, book, tampons lol

How can you get by with a plastic wallet?

ReputationRep:
    A common thing I see girls use for their uni stuff is shopping bags and I don't mean a Tesco carrier I mean proper bags with a design or pattern on the side. Often something like this:

but other times they are made of plastic or burlap.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a big messenger type bag. I'm doing photography and seem to have to carry lots of stuff with me wherever I go.

I just take my handbag and carry my notepad in my arm.

ReputationRep:
    I use a big handbag that fits an a4 folder and all my other stuff like purse, keys, water etc etc

ReputationRep:
    Get a big bag thing (:
    Not a backpack

ReputationRep:
    I either have a tote or a handbag that will fit an A4 notepad in horizontally (just).
    You wont have to carry that much really. I carry less to lectures than i did at college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxJaninexX)
    I either have a tote or a handbag that will fit an A4 notepad in horizontally (just).
    You wont have to carry that much really. I carry less to lectures than i did at college.
    Random, but how r u enjoying Bangor?
    Im going in sept 2010 :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    i was wondering the same thing, so i opted for one of those big hand bags amd im stocking up on them. im going to do primary education so i dont think ill need as much stuff as other people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buster_Bunny)
    Random, but how r u enjoying Bangor?
    Im going in sept 2010 :awesome:
    Its great. I love it Cant wait go back in September. The area is really nice and the people are lovely.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a backpack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkin'Butterfly)
    Don't you need to carry other stuff too? Like wallet, phone, book, tampons lol

How can you get by with a plastic wallet?

i used to keep money loose in my pocket, phone in my coat pocket and i only took tampons when i was on my period and id tke a handbag then. like those side bag things more or less is wht i used to wear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harleygrant)
    I don't think it matters really - if you have a lot to carry then a rucksack is a good way to go. If not, a big handbag.

I'll be doing art and therefore will no doubt be lugging a suitcase, so at least you won't look as silly as me. (:
    LOL aww bless ya. but atleast you can erm erm draw on it and stuff :| llllol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeeDub)
    A common thing I see girls use for their uni stuff is shopping bags and I don't mean a Tesco carrier I mean proper bags with a design or pattern on the side. Often something like this:

but other times they are made of plastic or burlap.

i thinks this is wht i will be havin i have one already tht i loveee i dont like huge handbags :| i only like side long bags but not the handbaggy type im not hugely girly girly lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dubstepper)
    i thinks this is wht i will be havin i have one already tht i loveee i dont like huge handbags :| i only like side long bags but not the handbaggy type im not hugely girly girly lol
    Why not wait till you get to uni and see what you actually need? It's hard to tell before you start how much you'll actually need to carry on a day to day basis. I take a huge handbag into uni each day and yet I still never seem to have pens or paper. Good luck!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.