Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hypothetically speaking say you've been drinking around 12pm how do you sober yourself up to go somewhere important at 4-5pm.

Sleeping is a bad idea, because i don't think they'd be time to sleep.

=]

ReputationRep:
    Eat, eat and eat some more. And drink a lot of water. Its the only thing that has any chance of working.

ReputationRep:
    Water, food and a very strong coffee.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that would be enough to function normally and not look drunk? I'm small in size does that mean it will take longer to sober up?

ReputationRep:
    According to the pioneers of alcohol consumption (the local barbers), they said a massive vodka with fresh orange really helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer_b)
    Do you think that would be enough to function normally and not look drunk? I'm small in size does that mean it will take longer to sober up?
    It depends on how drunk you actually are. But yes, it should be enough, if you've got about half an hour or so to let it set in. I don't think height will make that much of a difference, only to the amount you have to drink to get drunk in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    There's no easily available "antidote" to alcohol so to speak, the best you can do is eat plenty to limit further absorption of alcohol, drink plenty of water to keep hydrated and have a strong coffee. Even if you feel able, don't drive if you may be over the limit though.

ReputationRep:
    drink lots of water, drink coffee, eat lots (apparantly dry toast is a good one)

ReputationRep:
    look in the mirror.

ReputationRep:
    orgasm

ReputationRep:
    Have a shower, drink some coffee, drink lots of water, and then sit down and relax for a couple of minutes.

You won't feel sober, but you'l be ready to face the world without feeling like death.

ReputationRep:
    Speed or cocaine.

ReputationRep:
    Do more exercise and other things stated and sober up even faster. The fitter one is the alcohol is broken down faster.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother, just drink good gin and tonics (Blackwoods, Plymouth, Bombay Sapphire). I doubt there's any science behind this, but they produce a level of drunkenness that is often mistaken for wit and sophistication.

ReputationRep:
    Although water rehydrates the brain so stops you getting a hangover, there is no actual way to make the body process the alcohol quicker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foxo)
    Don't bother, just drink good gin and tonics (Blackwoods, Plymouth, Bombay Sapphire). I doubt there's any science behind this, but they produce a level of drunkenness that is often mistaken for wit and sophistication.
    This man speaks the truth.

ReputationRep:
    sppeeeeeeeddddd

ReputationRep:
    Pint of fresh orange juice. And a dry baguette. Does it every time. And brush your teeth - tis surprising how forcing something around your mouth wakes you up (don't read into this filthy people )

ReputationRep:
    Try some absorbant food like bread, toast - things like that. and lots of tea

ReputationRep:
    Puke up, drink lots of water, power nap.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.