Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi girls and guys,

I bought this(http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Printe...t=-1&clr=Print) dress for my end of uni party which is gonna be kind of casual and outdoors. I had a nightmare trying to find anything i actually liked, and now im not sure what accessories to wear to 'dress up' this dress. I was thinking a long-ish necklace in silver and lots of bangles, but i feel like the outfit lacks colour, and I usually go for the more bright and colourful clothes!!

Anyone have any quirky ideas they'd like to suggest?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    wow, its beautiful!

i got a similar dress recently and i bought a bracelet for the upper arm to wear with it (armlet i think) on ebay, maybe?

if not i'd add silver bangles and some drop earrings and silver sandals and maybe a bright clutch to go with?

ReputationRep:
    ...like this http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...1363&langId=-1

i love that bag, might get it for myself :o:

ReputationRep:
    Go for a big statement necklace, accessorise sale have loads atm! and some smaller ethnic bracelets maybe??

ReputationRep:
    I would not buy any colour for this.

I follow what Trinny and Susannah believe- black with colour makes the colour look cheap and tacky.

Light, silver accessories, silver clutch and silver shoes. Hair loosely up and curled (assuming you have long hair)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    wow, its beautiful!

i got a similar dress recently and i bought a bracelet for the upper arm to wear with it (armlet i think) on ebay, maybe?

if not i'd add silver bangles and some drop earrings and silver sandals and maybe a bright clutch to go with?
    Thank you, cant wait till it arrives and I can try it on

Glad I was sort of along the right lines, thanks so much for the advice LOVE the idea of a bright clutch, and LOVE that yellow DP one!! you should get it

(Original post by spasmos)
    Go for a big statement necklace, accessorise sale have loads atm! and some smaller ethnic bracelets maybe??
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions, will definitely check out accessorize. I have some delicate silver bangles, but I think ill look for some more chunky ones

(Original post by wickendale)
    I would not buy any colour for this.

I follow what Trinny and Susannah believe- black with colour makes the colour look cheap and tacky.

Light, silver accessories, silver clutch and silver shoes. Hair loosely up and curled (assuming you have long hair)
    I think I can see what you mean! since everyone's suggested silver i think ill definitely go for silver accessories! thanks for the help and for replying

ReputationRep:
    No contrary to the silver idea, I think chunky wooden and brightly coloured bangles/ necklace might look nice .... but then they might clash with the pattern.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.