Turn on thread page Beta

Help with accessoriesfor this dress! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi girls and guys,

I bought this(http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Printe...t=-1&clr=Print) dress for my end of uni party which is gonna be kind of casual and outdoors. I had a nightmare trying to find anything i actually liked, and now im not sure what accessories to wear to 'dress up' this dress. I was thinking a long-ish necklace in silver and lots of bangles, but i feel like the outfit lacks colour, and I usually go for the more bright and colourful clothes!!

Anyone have any quirky ideas they'd like to suggest?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    wow, its beautiful!

i got a similar dress recently and i bought a bracelet for the upper arm to wear with it (armlet i think) on ebay, maybe?

if not i'd add silver bangles and some drop earrings and silver sandals and maybe a bright clutch to go with?

ReputationRep:
    ...like this http://www.dorothyperkins.com/webapp...1363&langId=-1

i love that bag, might get it for myself :o:

ReputationRep:
    Go for a big statement necklace, accessorise sale have loads atm! and some smaller ethnic bracelets maybe??

ReputationRep:
    I would not buy any colour for this.

I follow what Trinny and Susannah believe- black with colour makes the colour look cheap and tacky.

Light, silver accessories, silver clutch and silver shoes. Hair loosely up and curled (assuming you have long hair)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
    wow, its beautiful!

i got a similar dress recently and i bought a bracelet for the upper arm to wear with it (armlet i think) on ebay, maybe?

if not i'd add silver bangles and some drop earrings and silver sandals and maybe a bright clutch to go with?
    Thank you, cant wait till it arrives and I can try it on

Glad I was sort of along the right lines, thanks so much for the advice LOVE the idea of a bright clutch, and LOVE that yellow DP one!! you should get it

(Original post by spasmos)
    Go for a big statement necklace, accessorise sale have loads atm! and some smaller ethnic bracelets maybe??
    Thanks a lot for the suggestions, will definitely check out accessorize. I have some delicate silver bangles, but I think ill look for some more chunky ones

(Original post by wickendale)
    I would not buy any colour for this.

I follow what Trinny and Susannah believe- black with colour makes the colour look cheap and tacky.

Light, silver accessories, silver clutch and silver shoes. Hair loosely up and curled (assuming you have long hair)
    I think I can see what you mean! since everyone's suggested silver i think ill definitely go for silver accessories! thanks for the help and for replying

ReputationRep:
    No contrary to the silver idea, I think chunky wooden and brightly coloured bangles/ necklace might look nice .... but then they might clash with the pattern.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.