Turn on thread page Beta

Whose making money over summer?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Other than having a job?! anyone got great ideas :P or doing something worth while?! im currently making about 50 a week on ebay which isnt too bad for minimum work!

ReputationRep:
    Who's *

ReputationRep:
    So you're selling things to make money?

I iron, wash up, clean stuff in general, hoover and carpet clean, wash the cars and pressure wash the patio. I'm doing surprisingly well

It's my only option really because I'm off on holiday for nearly a month so there's no point in a job haha

ReputationRep:
    I was going to say the same OP, I'm selling on eBay to make a little extra cash. Tried everywhere for jobs, both local and in towns near mine and there is absolutely nothing. On eBay so far I've made about £200 - how much stuff do you have to make £50 a week!?!

ReputationRep:
    I've made some money on ebay in the last week - can't find a job still so I'm resorting to selling away my possessions LOL =[

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TJH89)
    I was going to say the same OP, I'm selling on eBay to make a little extra cash. Tried everywhere for jobs, both local and in towns near mine and there is absolutely nothing. On eBay so far I've made about £200 - how much stuff do you have to make £50 a week!?!
    erm i made 100 this week but generally i sell about 6 things. You need to choose your products wisely ive got some decent suppliers too. I hoping to expand to about 22 products and make a good 100 a week throughout the year!. Touch wood :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J4GGYBoss)
    erm i made 100 this week but generally i sell about 6 things. You need to choose your products wisely ive got some decent suppliers too. I hoping to expand to about 22 products and make a good 100 a week throughout the year!. Touch wood :P
    What do you sell?

A friend of mine bought broke computer parts, fixed them and made a substantial profit. I think he made over £1,000 in his 6 week holidays.

Right now, I'm selling unwanted goods but I'm thinking of cheap things to get manufactured. Things like personalised clothing, key rings etc...

ReputationRep:
    I made £26 by trading in old XBox games.

I spent £25 on a new one.

So, so far this summer I have used my superb money making skills to make an impressive profit of:

£1.00

ReputationRep:
    now now that would be telling i have my fingers in most ebay pies :P its all about cost cutting and finding the cheapest supplier and spotting trends people dont want gloves in summer

ReputationRep:
    now now that would be telling i have my fingers in most ebay pies :P its all about cost cutting and finding the cheapest supplier and spotting trends people dont want gloves in summer
    You say that but I've just sold a jumper I bought in the sale (for £25) last winter for £27

Come on, tell me. I won't steal your ideas. I told you mine!

ReputationRep:
    Other than having a job?! anyone got great ideas :P or doing something worth while?! im currently making about 50 a week on ebay which isnt too bad for minimum work!
    I want to expand in eBay, so far I myself am out by about 15 quid as I bought phone stuff and a new laptop mouse. With eBay I think I stand to use money instead of make it... now I want to buy some Levi's...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz313)
    Who's *
    i was gonna be the pedantic one ;[

ReputationRep:
    Working at V festival so should make like £150 from that

ReputationRep:
    Taxi service in my car + work

ReputationRep:
    Sell your kidney, you've got two anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Zazzle (link to my shop) can be a nice side-earner - I've made £15 in a few weeks by making up some simple Twilight-fan designs on Paint - Twilight fans tend to be constantly on the lookout for products to fuel their / our obsession!

ReputationRep:
    i import from china/Us and scotland funny enough dealing with t-shirts cosmetics pills and only stuff you can get from abroad :P

ReputationRep:
    I'm just being boring and havin a job lol

ReputationRep:
    I just have a job. Making money.....and proceeding to spend it all. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklysparkles)
    Zazzle (link to my shop) can be a nice side-earner - I've made £15 in a few weeks by making up some simple Twilight-fan designs on Paint - Twilight fans tend to be constantly on the lookout for products to fuel their / our obsession!
    How does Zazzle work exactly?
    From what I understand, you create the designs, submit them to Zazzle and they will handle the ordering/manufacturing (i.e. putting design onto t-shirt/mug) and the customer pays Zazzle while you get a cut/royalties - is this right?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 15, 2009
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.