Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i applied for medicine last year but i wasnt successful in getting a place, now i am stuck in a dilemma whether medicine is really the career for me or not. My A'levels are good and with my subjects i can go in any field. Anyway i always wanted to chemical engineering.

Now this is where i need some help. I applied to Cambridge last year for medicine but i am thinking of switching my course to chemical engineering, so if i apply for that this year at Cambridge will i be at a disadvantage?? I need your opinions on this guys...

Or is it a good idea to email the admission tutor and ask them?

ReputationRep:
    Email them,

I have to say though many on this thread will see this as a "downgrade"...

from medicine to engineering that is...
    don't listen to that atall
    little do they know engineers are god like creatures...

ReputationRep:
    Medicine to Engineering should never even be considered a 'downgrade'. You shouldn't rate Medicine on it's acedemic merit - you should ONLY do it if you genuinely want to have a career in that field. Most (if not all) Medicine applicants on this forum seem to be doing it because they're passionate about being a doctor. If it's the same for you, then you should have no second thoughts about doing the degree.

As for your Cambridge querey, email the admissions tutor and find out directly. I would have though that it's not a huge disadvantage, as you wouldn't be applying for the same course.

ReputationRep:
    im also looking into chem eng. (being a failed medic applicant)
    though ive applied to birmingham through clearing now. waiting patiently for a response :moon:

though you should have no disadvantage. but email them just to check

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.