Turn on thread page Beta

How did your friend stab you in the back? watch

ReputationRep:
    OKay, I guess this is the right place- it is about relationships.

Well, this week I read in my magazine (Glamour if anyone cares to know lol) that the average woman doesn't keep the same friend for longer than 12 years. In my experience this is wayyy too long. Every other week I am falling out with my girlfriends, and every time some guy will hear and laugh at how crazy or inferior the arguments are. I mean, guys just don't seem to change friends right?

Well, just about every girl has one argument with their friends which sticks with them, and mine was today.

Basically, I moved schools for sixth form and they held a small grudge against me, that was last year. This year my 18th is coming up, and due to the school change I've invited a small group of people from both schools. I text my two best friends (from my old school) asking them to come, and the first agreed straight away. The second, however, agreed but asked who was coming. I said all the people I'd invited who I knew she knew, but straight away I got the reply 'I'm not coming'. I got annoyed... I don't know if you think it was justified but to me it seemed quite selfish that she wouldn't come due the fact she didn't know everyone who was going to be there. Within the next ten minutes I got a text off my first friend stating that she couldn't come either.

Then, the next day (today) I text her telling her to give a pair a high heels I'd left at hers to my mum at school (my mum's a secutary), only to get the reply 'You are not my friend. I have told you if you want your fat size 10 [ahem, I'm size 8] shoes you can f***ing get them yourself', to which I didn't reply accepting the fact I wasn't going to get them returned. I sent her a text stating that I didn't mind not being her friend; but she didn't have many left (which is true, she is very gobby and she's fallen out with alot of people) but I kept it quite polite.

Later, I got a text off my first friend who had a go at me about the text I'd sent the other friend, claiming she had more friends then I ever would. I got annoyed saying that 'for a smart person she couldn't see what was right in front of her' from which a few more texts were exchanged where she stated that I knew none of the people I'd invited from my older school (particularly one I'd been best friends with in primary school and am now god mother to her baby) and that they'd stopped everyone who'd said they were coming from coming.

Okay, long story, but basically, how did your friend stab you in the back? Mine was after 6 years of friendship, ended in like, 6 texts. Yours?

ReputationRep:
    wow i really wouldnt expect that from 17-18 years olds! (im assuming your age from the fact you're in 6th form?!) where did u find these people to be friends with in the 1st place? sounds like you are well out of the school playground crap!

personally my friend stabbed me in the back by sleeping with my bf at the time! nice!

ReputationRep:
    It was over a girl :/ Pretty triggering so I'll spoiler it..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han265)
    wow i really wouldnt expect that from 17-18 years olds! (im assuming your age from the fact you're in 6th form?!) where did u find these people to be friends with in the 1st place? sounds like you are well out of the school playground crap!

personally my friend stabbed me in the back by sleeping with my bf at the time! nice!
    Haha, I was just as surprised at the argument tbh, so called friends ehh. Omg! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Hate to break it to you, but when they say "average woman" in a context like that, they're talking about people a fair bit older than you.

ReputationRep:
    :backstab:

ReputationRep:
    She ****** my bf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    OKay, I guess this is the right place- it is about relationships.

Well, this week I read in my magazine (Glamour if anyone cares to know lol) that the average woman doesn't keep the same friend for longer than 12 years. In my experience this is wayyy too long. Every other week I am falling out with my girlfriends, and every time some guy will hear and laugh at how crazy or inferior the arguments are. I mean, guys just don't seem to change friends right?

Well, just about every girl has one argument with their friends which sticks with them, and mine was today.

Basically, I moved schools for sixth form and they held a small grudge against me, that was last year. This year my 18th is coming up, and due to the school change I've invited a small group of people from both schools. I text my two best friends (from my old school) asking them to come, and the first agreed straight away. The second, however, agreed but asked who was coming. I said all the people I'd invited who I knew she knew, but straight away I got the reply 'I'm not coming'. I got annoyed... I don't know if you think it was justified but to me it seemed quite selfish that she wouldn't come due the fact she didn't know everyone who was going to be there. Within the next ten minutes I got a text off my first friend stating that she couldn't come either.

Then, the next day (today) I text her telling her to give a pair a high heels I'd left at hers to my mum at school (my mum's a secutary), only to get the reply 'You are not my friend. I have told you if you want your fat size 10 [ahem, I'm size 8] shoes you can f***ing get them yourself', to which I didn't reply accepting the fact I wasn't going to get them returned. I sent her a text stating that I didn't mind not being her friend; but she didn't have many left (which is true, she is very gobby and she's fallen out with alot of people) but I kept it quite polite.

Later, I got a text off my first friend who had a go at me about the text I'd sent the other friend, claiming she had more friends then I ever would. I got annoyed saying that 'for a smart person she couldn't see what was right in front of her' from which a few more texts were exchanged where she stated that I knew none of the people I'd invited from my older school (particularly one I'd been best friends with in primary school and am now god mother to her baby) and that they'd stopped everyone who'd said they were coming from coming.

Okay, long story, but basically, how did your friend stab you in the back? Mine was after 6 years of friendship, ended in like, 6 texts. Yours?
    Wow, what c***s they are! Have they actually stopped your other friends from coming or are they being really petty?

Even if you don't, I think you should just seem them in person and ask what the hell is up? It's your 18th, not theirs!

ReputationRep:
    I told her something very personal. And what do you think she did? Hmm?

ReputationRep:
    No one's ever stabbed me in the back.

ReputationRep:
    i was goin out wit this guy in year 9 (im in year 12 now) and eveyrtime we had an argument or i was pissed of at him like id tell this girl i thought i could trust n she was the only one who really knew about our problems and then i realised she was telling him everything and getting off wit him in the park and flashin to him n what not
    ha good riddance of both of them tho

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday, by text also.
    She decided she was pissed off at me for something that happened a month ago.
    I decided that the argument was so pathetic that i couldnt see the 8 year friendship going on any further because we hadnt spoken for a month, either because i didnt contact her or she didnt contact me.
    Anyway, i basically let rip.

I think if you have as much ammo stored as we did, then its not a healthy friendship.

Its pretty much over now, because out of all the stupid similar arguments we've had, I dont regret a single word of what i said. Including when i told her to eff off, i meant it, despite the fact that we've been best friends throughout different friends, even different schools in different towns.

Texting is the cowards way, i know.
    ...But she started it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QwentyJ)
    Wow, what c***s they are! Have they actually stopped your other friends from coming or are they being really petty?

Even if you don't, I think you should just seem them in person and ask what the hell is up? It's your 18th, not theirs!
    Yer, but I asked my other mate who then claimed she 'didn't know if she was coming but really wanted to'... she's got 7 weeks to come up with a decent excuse so I'm not expecting much. I'll live, never saw them anyways cause I work Saturday mornings so don't go out Friday nights and they'd constantly be nagging me... it'll be them bored now :yep:

Not exacly stabbed in the back but they completely ditched me when I had to move back.

:erm: I haven't had a falling out with my friends in a very long while and they haven't stabbed me in the back.(perhaps I should say yet)

Should I be worried?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manx1991)
    Yer, but I asked my other mate who then claimed she 'didn't know if she was coming but really wanted to'... she's got 7 weeks to come up with a decent excuse so I'm not expecting much. I'll live, never saw them anyways cause I work Saturday mornings so don't go out Friday nights and they'd constantly be nagging me... it'll be them bored now :yep:
    Fair enough.

Us guys don't seem to have this problem!

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. Don't ask.

:sad:

ReputationRep:
    I've had numerous 'friends' spread gossip about me but that's about it.

ReputationRep:
    My last close-ish female friend had a personality very different to mine, and when we were together we either clashed and got very competitive, or felt really awkward, so after a while we grew more and more distant; but then she suddenly decided she was going to ***** about me behind my back to other friends of ours.
    Also she had a nice rant about how she couldn't believe my boyfriend was dating me because I was so fat and a cow etc. (She had also previously tried to 'woo' him, then bragged about it to me afterwards. She was rather deflated when I mentioned that he'd immediately come to me, looking quite traumatised, and explained what she'd tried.)

And then after that she started texting me needless to say I told her where to stick it, and then blocked her on my phone and avoided her where possible. Really unpleasant experience at the time, but it seems very silly now.
    The friends I valued and the ones who she'd ranted to stuck by me, and I feel a lot happier now I'm free from her.

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to talk about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.