Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good looking but a bit weird - a turn off? Watch

Hey,

I'm 18 and male. Basically I'm wondering what girls think towards guys that are a bit weird - but in a good way.

I'm a good looking guy, about 5ft 11 and I'm pretty funny - well I always make people laugh when we're in pubs that is. I am, admittedly, a bit weird in my general being. I just don't like following the crowd or feel any shame in doing things other might find embarrassing.

I'm going to uni in september and I'm just wondering if it'll be a put off to girls. The "popular" girls at school never understood me, thought I was a bit of a space cadet. I'm not, I've just always been quite alternative. I dress well, look well and I'm a nice guy. Maybe a bit shy at times.

So girls, would you be put off going for the guy who is maybe seen as a bit different? I've had my fair share of girls, a 3 year relationship too. I've always liked the fact that I can stand out from "normos", I'm just wondering if the general consensus is that it's a good thing 8|

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

I'm 18 and male. Basically I'm wondering what girls think towards guys that are a bit weird - but in a good way.

I'm a good looking guy, about 5ft 11 and I'm pretty funny - well I always make people laugh when we're in pubs that is. I am, admittedly, a bit weird in my general being. I just don't like following the crowd or feel any shame in doing things other might find embarrassing.

I'm going to uni in september and I'm just wondering if it'll be a put off to girls. The "popular" girls at school never understood me, thought I was a bit of a space cadet. I'm not, I've just always been quite alternative. I dress well, look well and I'm a nice guy. Maybe a bit shy at times.

So girls, would you be put off going for the guy who is maybe seen as a bit different? I've had my fair share of girls, a 3 year relationship too. I've always liked the fact that I can stand out from "normos", I'm just wondering if the general consensus is that it's a good thing 8|
    Like what? :shifty:

Being a bit quirky isn't a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it'd be a turn off. It's a good thing..

ReputationRep:
    A turn-on :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    To me, being "A bit weird" is a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    No, but then I've lost count of the number of times I've been described as "good looking but a bit weird", so I hope it doesn't put people off

ReputationRep:
    I think it's attractive to be different...but how do you mean, 'weird'?

ReputationRep:
    If you mean "weird" as in kind of unconventional sense of humour-wise and whatever, that's good.

ReputationRep:
    I think its a good thing but then again im a bit unusual and have an odd sense of humour. so i've been told.

ReputationRep:
    omg you sound like, so random

ReputationRep:
    If you're one of those t**ts who says 'random' stuff, and says it loudly, and says it again so everyone can appreciate the overwhelming humour of your tedious personality, then I'd say no.

If you're a bit of an oddball, then all is swell.

For me, 'good looking' and 'weird' are things I would wait to be called; not call myself, so I'm guessing you're probably more of the first than the second.

ReputationRep:
    Definite appeal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

Hehe. Never seen that word before.

No its not a bad thing at all. In fact I see it as a good thing. Variety is the spice of life and I think quirky in a good way is great. I'm sure you'd want a girl that's attractive and a bit odd and quirky in a cute sort of way (in my experience these kind of girls always have guys after them and have lots of female friends) so why wouldnt girls want the same thing out of a guy. You'll be fine at Uni, probably even one of the most likeable ones. No one at uni cares about whether you were 'popular' or whatever at school anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Let us judge you properly; photos please.

ReputationRep:
    sounds as if you're a bit obsessed with your self.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm weird so it wouldn't put me off.

ReputationRep:
    I've never met anyone who hasn't thought I'm a bit bizarre, so don't worry, you're not alone.

Weird guys are good IMO, as long as it's weird in a good way and not all letchy or mumbling to themself or anything.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what you mean by a 'bit weird' - like, how exactly?

If you mean, like Siavash in BB, then phwoar, yes. That's a good kind of weird.
    • PS Helper

Even my friends think I'm insane... I like weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)

If you mean, like Siavash in BB, then phwoar, yes. That's a good kind of weird.

Ohhhh no

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.