Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Good looking but a bit weird - a turn off? watch

ReputationRep:
    You sound like the male version of me. That is not a turn off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoveBites)
    Ohhhh no
    What?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's not a turn-off. It would be boring if everyone was the same. Lots of people I know are a bit weird in their own way, it makes things interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    What?
    Siavash...I just don't understand lol

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying this applies to you, but many of the people who think they're sooo weird and sooo not like 'all the others' are very wrong and very annoying.

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends on what kind of weird you are. But it can be a good thing and yeah stand out from the normos :ninja:

Unless you have a fetish which involves roasting rabbits then please, do your best to blend in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

I've always liked the fact that I can stand out from "normos", I'm just wondering if the general consensus is that it's a good thing 8|
    ha!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just like that, I'm pretty average looking, but I am super werid in the fact that I don't follow the crowd, but I'm attracted to that anyways, but no-one is attracted to me :/

think you need to get out more mate...find some real girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    Even my friends think I'm insane... I like weird
    Just had to say - sig - isn't it braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think? Yes I'm sad for knowing that :p:

Back to the topic - wierd is better than boring any day

ReputationRep:
    Its funny how everyone on here is weird and unique lolz

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it odd - everyone posts "Yes, I'm really different from everybody else myself so would love it!"

How many people can be different before they start to become the same?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Cone)
    Its funny how everyone on here is weird and unique lolz
    Exactly what I was thinking. All of a sudden everyone is "weird" or "quirky"!

ReputationRep:
    I know a guy who sounds exactly like you and that is definitely not working for him. Gorgeous to look at, a pain to be around. I don't know how popular he is with the ladies (since I do my best to avoid him), but he doesn't seem to be too successful. Clearly there are lots of people who think weird can be a good trait, but that depends entirely on in which way you are weird. It's not necessarily a good thing!

ReputationRep:
    im not the average joe either, 4 words i dont like: ordinary, normal, typical, predictable

so i like wierd, but at my college, being wierd is normal, so i dont know what normal or wierd is anymore & there are soooo many ways someone can be 'wierd', in a bad way, good & inbetween

ReputationRep:
    No, I'd like it. Anyway, the 'popular' girls at school are usually stupid whores anyway: that's why they're popular :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what the point in this thread is, you've already had your fair share of girls, isn't that the real answer you need? I'm sorry, I just can't understand how you can't work this stuff out yourself o_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    It depends on what you mean by a 'bit weird' - like, how exactly?

If you mean, like Siavash in BB, then phwoar, yes. That's a good kind of weird.

Eeeeeugh...he looks like Cher with a beard!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    If people get the faintest inkling that you are actually trying to be a bit weird and different, chances are they'll find you rather annoying.

If you are very genuine, you should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    I love weird! And good looking of course :cool: Why the anonymous? :p:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.