Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Good looking but a bit weird - a turn off? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey,

I'm 18 and male. Basically I'm wondering what girls think towards guys that are a bit weird - but in a good way.

I'm a good looking guy, about 5ft 11 and I'm pretty funny - well I always make people laugh when we're in pubs that is. I am, admittedly, a bit weird in my general being. I just don't like following the crowd or feel any shame in doing things other might find embarrassing.

I'm going to uni in september and I'm just wondering if it'll be a put off to girls. The "popular" girls at school never understood me, thought I was a bit of a space cadet. I'm not, I've just always been quite alternative. I dress well, look well and I'm a nice guy. Maybe a bit shy at times.

So girls, would you be put off going for the guy who is maybe seen as a bit different? I've had my fair share of girls, a 3 year relationship too. I've always liked the fact that I can stand out from "normos", I'm just wondering if the general consensus is that it's a good thing 8|
    I think I can kind of relate. Girls who know nothing about me that I meet out of school will act all interested - they are hot which comes as a bit of a shock after being at school. At school though no girl will talk to me or look at me, they all treat me like i'm rubbish. Even slutty fatties don't try it on!?!!

I never get anywhere with the hot girls though out of school because it comes as a huge shock after the confidence bashing I got from school.

ReputationRep:
    when you're at uni being a 'popualr' girl means nothing, in my experience everyone mixes regardless of school politics unless you are a permanent resident in the valley of the freakish, then no one will talk to you, except for the voices...

halls are an awesome way to make friends, especially at the begining of term with all the events organised, just be social, have a good time but not too overbearing and you'll be fine!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by beth103)
    Just had to say - sig - isn't it braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think? Yes I'm sad for knowing that :p:

Back to the topic - wierd is better than boring any day

very probably.. My sig was the best I could remember it as... I'm so gonna have to stick the old vhs in the machine now... if I've still got it!!!! may well have been charity shopped long ago

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 17, 2009
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.