Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have got 2 offers from NTU and Portsmouth respectively. Both of them are Marketing Programme, however, i am totally stuck between them, I don't know which one should I go for....Please everyone advise.

here are the choices

NTU - Marketing Management (Top-UP Programme)
    Portsmouth - Marketing

which unis is stronger in Business?

Thanks everyone!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Push !

Please help....
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    There is no difference between the two; they're both former polytechnics. Look into the course content, location, and atmosphere, and see from that which you prefer. This really is a case of whichever you enjoy more.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard Trent business school aren't supportive and v disorganised. Might just be a disgruntled student moaning, though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .ACS.)
    There is no difference between the two; they're both former polytechnics. Look into the course content, location, and atmosphere, and see from that which you prefer. This really is a case of whichever you enjoy more.
    I have read loads of information about the Nottingham city, however, i don't really know what is portsmouth like? A friend of mine who went to Portsmouth last year, said it is like a rural country, as I am from Hong Kong, I can not visit the school before making decision on it, and I saw you are heading to Southampton, I reckon you must know how is this city like.

----
    Besides, thanks for all of you guys.

I guess I will pick Nottingham Trent eventually as the larger city, central of England where I can go to london or manchester in 2 hours on train. And I heard some of the guys from this forum, said NTU is probably the best ex-ploy uni in england, what do you guys think?

Anyone here is going to the NTU Marketing Management top up programme too, let's make friend.

Once again, thanks
    xxx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by scottmills)
    I have read loads of information about the Nottingham city, however, i don't really know what is portsmouth like? A friend of mine who went to Portsmouth last year, said it is like a rural country, as I am from Hong Kong, I can not visit the school before making decision on it, and I saw you are heading to Southampton, I reckon you must know how is this city like.
    I have to admit, I'm not that keen on Portsmouth as a location. The city isn't great, to be quite honest. Coming from Hong Kong, I think you'll much rather prefer Nottingham - It's much bigger, more lively, more bustling, and it has a real city feel to it unlike Portsmouth (which just feels like a sprawling town, really).

ReputationRep:
    As a city, Portsmouth can't touch Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    NTU is brilliant! I study Law here and a couple of my friends do accounting or Business Management and think its brilliant! The city is brilliant, youll love it coming from Honk Kong. Its not called the 'Little London' for nothing here in Notts! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    wow..sounds gooooood...I can't wait to go England asap!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NottsTrentUni)
    NTU is brilliant! I study Law here and a couple of my friends do accounting or Business Management and think its brilliant! The city is brilliant, youll love it coming from Honk Kong. Its not called the 'Little London' for nothing here in Notts! :yes:
    *checks previous posts*

are you getting paid to talk positively about NTU ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smtn)
    *checks previous posts*

are you getting paid to talk positively about NTU ?
    I agree, and i can guess it from his name..lol

ReputationRep:
    I am an ambassador for the uni and so do paid and unpaid work but I would happily tell anyone I meet that NTU is amazing (honestly!) and i absolutly love it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.