Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to graduation ceremony alone watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    Ahhh im unsure and so confused, basically if Iv not graduated a 2:2 or more I wont have technically graduated so ther wont be any graduation ceremony for me rendering my trip there a waste. Now I cant even remember if I paid for any tickets to go .. i have paid £40 for the gown, seriously thinking its not worth it because I'll have to drive all the way to london

thanks bigdave but no ones answering the phones in uni
    Yes, you will have.

ReputationRep:
    ok I might go =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    Ahhh im unsure and so confused, basically if Iv not graduated a 2:2 or more I wont have technically graduated so ther wont be any graduation ceremony for me rendering my trip there a waste. Now I cant even remember if I paid for any tickets to go .. i have paid £40 for the gown, seriously thinking its not worth it because I'll have to drive all the way to london

thanks bigdave but no ones answering the phones in uni
    If you get a 3rd or higher you will be eligible to graduate. Only GradDips etc are not. Surely someone must be around either in Registry or your Dept.? They don't close as they will still be dealing with PostGrads.

ReputationRep:
    i stil cant get hold of anyone!! Once last question for anyone who knows ... will photos be taken and given to us or do we have to pay extra for them to be taken?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sver)
    i stil cant get hold of anyone!! Once last question for anyone who knows ... will photos be taken and given to us or do we have to pay extra for them to be taken?
    Generally the photographer is located in a seperate hall, you go and have your photo taken, decide whether you like it and then order and pay.

ReputationRep:
    Surely your parents can still come to the university, you can get a few photo's outside in your gear, then they can go for a drink or something while you do the ceremony thing, and then ye can meet up again after and take more photo's... the ceremony is boring for parents anyway, they just sit there, and not even next to you...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.